Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Something isn't working with my new Jedi robe.

Page: 1 of 1
 Zerimar Nyliram
05-26-2007, 3:11 PM
Following this (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/info/ArmorSkinning) tutorial, I am trying to make a new Jedi robe for KOTOR 2 using a completely new GTA appearance. So I've done all it's told me to do: changed the texture variation to a new number (using the author's example of 78), as well as made two new GTA files called PMBI078 and PFBI078 for both a male and female appearance. Also, I noticed that the body variation is listed as 1 rather than 9, which doesn't make sense because the Jedi robe files are all P[F/M]BI files, and the letter "I" corresponds to the number 9. So I changed the body variation number to 9 (which may or may not be causing the problem). Finally, I named the UTI file a_robe_78 and but it in the override folder along with PMBI078 and PFBI078. I loaded my game, brought up the invisible console and typed in "give item a_robe_78". It came up as a new item appearing in my inventory, with my custom description and all, but when I equipped it it still appeared as a generic Jedi robe rather than my new skin. What should I do?

Did changing the body variation number have something to do with it? (It still doesn't make sense that all of the Jedi robes in this game have body variation numbers of 0 or 1 when all of the Jedi robe skins have an "I" in their names, which corresponds to 9.) Does the fact that this tutorial is for KOTOR 1 rather than 2 make a difference?

Thanks.

EDIT: I tried taking the "0" out of the GTA file names so that now they're PMBI78 and PFBI78, and it's still not working. I'm still getting a generic Jedi robe out of it.
 Shem
05-26-2007, 4:03 PM
EDIT: I tried taking the "0" out of the GTA file names so that now they're PMBI78 and PFBI78, and it's still not working. I'm still getting a generic Jedi robe out of it.Taking the "0" out was smart. Keep it that way.

What you need to do is change the "Texture Variation" in order to use your new TGA files. Here is a pic below of what I mean.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6415/robedemo2xm2.jpg)

In the sample I shown, my textures are named PFBI44 and PMBI44. So the texture variation is 44. Since yours is 78, that is what you change the texture variation on your UTI file.
 Zerimar Nyliram
05-26-2007, 4:33 PM
I did! My texture variation number is set to 78. Think I mentioned that. (Sorry if I didn't.) I did everything I was supposed to, which was kind of the whole point of this thread.

So what's the problem, then?
 Shem
05-27-2007, 12:42 AM
I did! My texture variation number is set to 78. Think I mentioned that. (Sorry if I didn't.) I did everything I was supposed to, which was kind of the whole point of this thread.

So what's the problem, then?I do know the artwork files for your new robe textures need to be TGA files. You keep referring them as GTA files. They need to be saved as TGA files.
 Zerimar Nyliram
05-27-2007, 2:26 PM
They were. Of course they're TGA files. I simply couldn't remember the exact order in which the initials went. Have you ever heard of a GTA file?;)

Here's a shot of the files as they appear in my override folder, along with the a_robe_78 file opened. Any errors that you can detect?
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Darth_Anarcus/KOTORIIcustomrobeerror.jpg)
 Shem
05-28-2007, 6:47 PM
Okay, I found your problem. There are two changes you can make depending on which type of texture you used. If you edited a Jedi Master robe texture, you only need one TGA file altered and it needs to be named PFBN78.tga. If it's a Jedi robe (Padawan style) texture, you need to change your "Base Item" from Jedi Master Robe to Jedi Robe.
Page: 1 of 1