Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Your Favorite Bootlegs

Page: 1 of 1
 Smon
05-26-2007, 1:09 AM
FIRST THINGS FISTED: Don't buy bootlegs! They = bad!

Anyway, I was browsing around and I found blatant theft of everything gaming here (http://www.afrotechmods.com/groovy/review/megason/firingsquad.htm) and decided to have people share stories of bootlegs.

It was always funny when my dad would buy my YuGiOh cards that said KQVAMI on the back instead of KONAMI.
 Samnmax221
05-26-2007, 2:11 AM
I have a copy of Song of the South.
 Jae Onasi
05-27-2007, 3:49 PM
I have a copy of Song of the South.

You old fox, you.
 DarthAve
05-27-2007, 6:16 PM
http://static.flickr.com/39/81450790_2fa444c094_o.jpg)

My dad got me the box set that guy is holding for christmas a few years back. It has all 6 movies, the episode 3 DVD is compleatly bootlegged and doesn't work, and the box is in japanese.
 Psychochaos3
05-27-2007, 6:41 PM
The original "Pokemon Diamond"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telefang)
 Byakko
05-30-2007, 3:53 AM
I can tell you from a sociological view how bootlegs had an importance (and most Asian society anyway).

2 decades ago in Singapore, the income gap was very high and overall economic welfare of the country was low. My father was a pilot and we were considered high middle-class, but even then, VCDs and the like was expensive for us. Not to mention video games.

For people like us, bootlegs wasn't necessary; but those of middle to lower class, they could never get the entertainment goods like VCDs, video games etc. These people formed the majority population of Singapore, and in their interest, the S'pore government turned a blind eye to bootlegs.

To have cracked down on piracy then would have restricted those of the lower classes from entertainment choices and experiences. It was more important that our population knew of the developments across the world and to be globally aware, then to make people pay for what they can't afford.

It was only as our economy improved and our industry became world-class that the overall standard of living also improved then that the government felt it prudent to start cracking down on piracy.

That is the reason why piracy in general is so prevalent in Asian. The income gap is a large problem, and so far, only Singapore has improved significantly enough that all the various classes can afford these entertainment goods. In neighboring Malaysia, they still have this problem although its government is also cracking down on piracy.
 JoeDoe 2.0
05-30-2007, 9:32 AM
Uh, bootleging is bad.....hmmkay? [/ends southpark reference]
 Samnmax221
05-30-2007, 11:34 PM
 Poopdogjr
06-15-2007, 11:35 AM
I had a copy of Thrill Kill for my ole' playstation. That and maybe some dreamcast games i burned. But my bootleg expierence is sorely lacking.
 Samnmax221
06-15-2007, 1:06 PM
I forgot to back up my copy of Song of the South when NTFS ****ed itself in its ass.

I <<<3 Uncle Remus, the Kid on the other hand sucked.
http://www.songofthesouth.net/movie/images/characters/bluebird.jpg)
 JoeDoe 2.0
06-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Never heard of it
 Samnmax221
06-15-2007, 11:52 PM
^
Disney wants to cover it up. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_of_the_south)
 JoeDoe 2.0
06-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Looks a little Racist
 Samnmax221
06-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Its not, I've watched the whole thing twice.
 Samnmax221
06-16-2007, 4:56 PM
VHS and Laserdisc outside of the US. The one I had looked like a VHS rip. Theres really no good reason it shouldn't be re-released on DVD.
 Smon
06-17-2007, 12:27 PM
And then there's that really racist Fantasia clip they removed from all future screenings. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=_AKwCMmvI_U)
 Samnmax221
06-17-2007, 12:30 PM
When are they ever going to get around to animating another segment of Fantasia?
 Psychochaos3
06-17-2007, 12:34 PM
I also found a bootleg movie site where you can watch movies that are out in theaters right now. I can't tell you though, or I'll get raided by bandits.
 Smon
06-18-2007, 2:31 AM
You download from sites? You know you can easily get viruses and other crap by doing that. Well, that is, if you go searching for them which is the last thing you should be doing. Which I...uh...wouldn't know about since it's illegal...
First rule of getting files from the net legal or otherwise.: never do a search. Always use legal sites or well known sites and programs. Uh...use stuff like Napster or that demon created by Apple.
Torrents are pretty trustworthy.

...uh... for legal stuff.

e.e
 Psychochaos3
06-18-2007, 7:55 PM
You download from sites? You know you can easily get viruses and other crap by doing that. Well, that is, if you go searching for them which is the last thing you should be doing. Which I...uh...wouldn't know about since it's illegal...
First rule of getting files from the net legal or otherwise.: never do a search. Always use legal sites or well known sites and programs. Uh...use stuff like Napster or that demon created by Apple.
You don't download from it. You watch movies directly on it. Like youtube, but 50 times more illegal.
 milo
06-18-2007, 9:09 PM
You don't download from it. You watch movies directly on it. Like youtube, but 50 times more illegal.
PM me the url! In return I shall give you all the Naruto episodes your heart desireth.
 Woodnote
06-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Hehe my friend Danny went to Canada and he got a bunch of random bootlegs. One of them was the Star Wars Ep. 3 (actually the 6th. DAMN YOU GEORGE LUCAS) bootlegs. Tee hee, Anakin and Obi Wan looked like the coneheads...!

HAAAY guys it's my 69th post! Let's make a bunch of bad innuendoes and double entendres!!
Page: 1 of 1