Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Forces mouse sensitivity trouble

Page: 1 of 1
 LogicDeLuxe
05-25-2007, 7:26 PM
German Version. No emulators used. System: DFI mainboard k6bv3+, Pentium 200mmx, 64MB SD-RAM, Terratec Maestro 32 sound card, 16x DVD-ROM, Serial 3-button-mouse, MS-DOS 7.1.

The problem I have is, that mouse turning is much more sensitive than strafing, ie. moving the mouse aproximately one cm turns the character 360 degree, while I have to move my mouse across the entire table to even strafe some steps.

I know, I had this trouble before, but I don't remember how I did solve this.
I know, there is a patch for the German version, though it seems to be quite buggy, thus half of the textures got garbled when I applied it.
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-05-2007, 3:10 PM
Then it looks like your screwed, because any mouse problems have to do with more than your game.
 JKLE_Cougar
06-05-2007, 6:18 PM
cant you change it in setup?

hit escape and go to settings or what ever its called
 •-BLaCKouT-•
06-07-2007, 1:59 AM
If you're using the mouse to turn, how are you using it to strafe as well?
 JKLE_Cougar
06-07-2007, 10:18 AM
If you're using the mouse to turn, how are you using it to strafe as well?

you hold down ALT to do that
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-07-2007, 3:26 PM
I'm surprised at what his specs are, dude, there much better computers out here.
 JKLE_Cougar
06-07-2007, 6:06 PM
i dont think that's his main computer hes probably only using it for DOS games
 Celendor
04-07-2008, 8:24 PM
I had the same problem with the mouse sensitivity. My mouse is Logitech mx-518. There is the option to "map directly to axis value" in game's control menu.

- Without it my mouse was too slow no matter where the in game sensitivity slider was.

- With it my mouse was too fast no matter where the slider was.

Logitech Setpoint software solved the problem. I just clicked some options here and there in Setpoint gaming performance menu and let it run in backround. I have the "map directly to axis value" option on and I have playable nice sensitivity now.
Page: 1 of 1