Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Simpson's 400th Episode

Page: 1 of 1
 urluckyday
05-20-2007, 10:25 PM
So, the momentous 400th episode aired tonight. The sitcom that has been on for about 20 years now has done it again. I really love this series even through all of the "cancellation" talk. It never ceases to amaze me how funny and enjoyable this series can be. I just started this thread to hold a discussion about the 400th episode or the show in general. Please feel free to share your opinions.
 Diego Varen
05-21-2007, 1:05 AM
Family Guy is much better for me. The Simpsons used to be great, up until the fifth series, where after that the series goes downhill in the quality of episodes. I think after the movie, they should cancel the series, for it's been going on too long.

When they finish it, they should continue Futurama, since that has potential for a good series.
 Jedi Atomic
05-21-2007, 8:18 AM
I didn't really watch the Simpsons much maybe 5 times a year. Futurama........ I have nothing good or bad to say about it.
 JoeDoe 2.0
05-21-2007, 9:45 AM
It was ok, but they have already done everything, so is getting kinda boring, Family Guy is a little better.
 King Dando
05-21-2007, 10:48 AM
When they finish it, they should continue Futurama, since that has potential for a good series.

They are continuing Futurama, see here (http://www.gotfuturama.com/)
 Diego Varen
05-21-2007, 10:58 AM
They are continuing Futurama, see here (http://www.gotfuturama.com/)

Thanks, but I already knew that. I was just thinking that they should just finish the Simpsons now so they can continue Futurama, a fresh show, when compared to the Simpsons.
 King Dando
05-21-2007, 3:12 PM
Thanks, but I already knew that. I was just thinking that they should just finish the Simpsons now so they can continue Futurama, a fresh show, when compared to the Simpsons.

Definitely.
 urluckyday
05-21-2007, 3:42 PM
I heard about that story (bout Futurama)...it's not a new season of the show. It's a series of made for TV "movies" of the show (so I heard from a couple sources)...but either way it's great...
But anyway, I think the contract for the Simpsons has 1 year left on it (so I read recently), so expect at least one more season (I hope that there's more...like 500 episodes)...
 Rabish Bini
05-22-2007, 6:27 AM
Still goin' strong eh? I love the Simpsons, but it seems that they're running out of jokes. I will goe see the movie though, and the 440th episode was alright.
 JoeDoe 2.0
05-22-2007, 9:31 AM
^440 episode?????

I though there were only u[p to episode 400...
 urluckyday
05-22-2007, 6:09 PM
I'm pretty sure he just had a typo...
 CLONECOMMANDER501
05-22-2007, 7:57 PM
Whoa, someones been busy in the last 2 hours! :D
 Rabish Bini
05-29-2007, 6:16 AM
Sorry, it was a typo, I meant 400.
And still waitin for the Simpsons movie :D
 Ctrl Alt Del
06-07-2007, 2:04 PM
I haven't watched it. I've stopped watching but I think it's still worth, as I'm definetly going to watch the movies.
 Master Zionosis
07-07-2007, 9:35 AM
The Simpsons is getting kinda boring for me, I'm sick of seeing the same episodes on repeat all week, it's just the same old episodes and the new ones just bore me, I usually end up drifting back over to my computer when it comes on, I may watch the movie just to see if they've actually done anything extensively new, which I doubt, but who knows.
 Diego Varen
07-07-2007, 9:47 AM
The Simpsons is getting kinda boring for me, I'm sick of seeing the same episodes on repeat all week, it's just the same old episodes and the new ones just bore me, I usually end up drifting back over to my computer when it comes on, I may watch the movie just to see if they've actually done anything extensively new, which I doubt, but who knows.

I agree. If what you're talking about is in the UK, Channel 4 have done nothing good with The Simpsons, like you said. I preferred it when it was on BBC 2, but after that, it went downhill after Channel 4's first year.
 Master Zionosis
07-07-2007, 9:57 AM
I agree. If what you're talking about is in the UK, Channel 4 have done nothing good with The Simpsons, like you said. I preferred it when it was on BBC 2, but after that, it went downhill after Channel 4's first year.

Yep, I'm talking about the UK, Channel 4 is probably what made me loose my interest in it.
Page: 1 of 1