Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] Recruitable Kay

Page: 1 of 1
 InyriForge
05-20-2007, 9:51 PM
Some people have been following this mod (IE anticipating, because there's nothing posted to follow) since I released a teaser at KotORFiles. I decided to pick it back up for the summer at the behest/threats of the staff there. :p

From what I remember (I haven't worked on it since Christmas) it's almost done, and only the last bits of the plot, some recorded dialogue, and the fine-tuning need to be worked out. I work full time, so it could still be a while before it's polished, but if all goes well this is something that should ultimately get finished.

I posted up a relatively lengthy video of one of the latter parts of the mod (don't watch if you want to be surprised, although the plot's not really that exciting to begin with :p).

http://files.filefront.com/Recruitable+Kay+Footage/;7563003;/fileinfo.html)
 Arбtoeldar
05-21-2007, 2:55 AM
Just out of curiosity, how is your Jedi Knight saber mod coming?
 Gargoyle_King
05-21-2007, 7:39 AM
The mod is lookin great! Its a rarity having dialogue in a mod with a well synched lip movement - EXCELLENT WORK!

One question, will the character have interactions with other party members, and will the character have a story?

Overall though this is gonna be a great! :thumbsup:
 lactose_
05-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Yeah I'm not surprised people are anticipating this (I'm one of them :) ), there's full VO which is rare for a recruit mod. Looking forward to this!
 InyriForge
05-21-2007, 6:37 PM
Interactions with other characters is limited. The mod replaces Juhani, so some of Juhani's interactions have simply been shifted to the new character. She will, however, chime in during random dialogues along the plot, just like any other party member.

As for her having a story, so far she has a plot line that involves 13 journal entries and spans three planets. I may add a little bit more onto the end to wrap it up, as well.
 Pavlos
05-21-2007, 7:20 PM
Looks nice, Inyri. Hope to see it released soon :).
 InyriForge
05-21-2007, 9:44 PM
I'm currently in the beta testing phase (I'll have to go through the game a couple of times at least to catch bugs). If anyone has suggestions feel free to let me know.
 JediAthos
05-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm currently in the beta testing phase (I'll have to go through the game a couple of times at least to catch bugs). If anyone has suggestions feel free to let me know.

If you need any beta testers feel free to give me a holler. I'd love to help. The mod looks like it will be interesting to play.
 MetalMark
05-22-2007, 1:57 PM
It looks good. But I was wondering how you can return the holocron to Dantooine if you do it too late and dantooine would allready be destroyed.
 РeceptiKain
05-22-2007, 2:33 PM
I'll say this straight.

THIS, IS, KICK-ASS.
 InyriForge
05-22-2007, 7:58 PM
It looks good. But I was wondering how you can return the holocron to Dantooine if you do it too late and dantooine would allready be destroyed.Hmm, very good point. I hadn't thought that far. I'll come up with some kind of work-around. :)
 InyriForge
11-09-2007, 2:24 PM
Well guys, I haven't forgotten about this mod. In fact, it's almost ready for release. I'm shooting for some time in mid-December. All that's left really is checking out all the dialogues to make sure they work and working out the minor kinks.

The link the official trailer is below (available for download or available as streaming video). It shows the method of recruiting Kay as well as some brief samples of the kinds of interactions she can have, including the bit of the plot I showed you guys earlier as well as a sample of her presence on the Unknown Planet.

Click Me for the Trailer (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Recruitable_Kay_Trailer;84229)
 mattz
11-09-2007, 4:16 PM
this looks great. I'll have to get ready for another playthru. :)

Spoiler:

If you kill Juhani, does Kay recruit like normal?
 InyriForge
11-09-2007, 4:52 PM
You'll be able to recruit Kay whether you kill Juhani or not. Naturally if you kill Juhani you won't have to worry about it or concern yourself with why (based on the story) Juhani would simply disappear. :p
 Malpense
11-10-2007, 12:00 AM
So there's no option to leave Juhani behind and then, for example, pick her back up again later? She just disappears?
 InyriForge
11-10-2007, 12:51 AM
This mod changes a lot of dialogues and replaces or removes all of Juhani's dialogue. You wouldn't want her back, trust me. The trade off is a complete mod with no Juhani, or half-hearted low-content mod with Juhani still available. Your choice, but I won't make the latter.
 Malpense
11-10-2007, 5:12 PM
Oh yeah, that's how I'd want it too, it's just gonna be a tad strange to have Juhani disapear out of my party... If I had any modding skills at all, I'd just make her not join up full stop and leave her in the enclave, but obviously you've chosen not to

Anyway, nice mod, looks very professional! I love mods that actually have voiceovers!
 Meowster
11-10-2007, 5:39 PM
This mod looks very impressive. I myself am also a fan of mods with voiceovers. I am slightly sad, however, that I will lose Juhani for her...

So, does Kay go to the Temple Summit with you? And if so, is she forced to be killed?
 Master Zionosis
11-10-2007, 5:49 PM
This mod looks very impressive. I myself am also a fan of mods with voiceovers. I am slightly sad, however, that I will lose Juhani for her...

So, does Kay go to the Temple Summit with you? And if so, is she forced to be killed?

That's in the latest trailer ;)
 Meowster
11-10-2007, 6:06 PM
-head/desk-

For some reason, I thought it ended when it listed what she can do, she's a new party member, and yeah...thanks for making me look again, Master Zionosis
 lordofmalachor
11-10-2007, 6:56 PM
trailers are awesome! can't wait for the release.
 herosinger
11-10-2007, 11:20 PM
This looks simply amazing. The teaser trailer certainly did its job!
 Ghost Down
11-11-2007, 3:18 AM
Hey, how about reskinning her head? To make her a tad more unique ;)

- Ghost Down
 Archonon
11-11-2007, 5:22 PM
Looks really interesting Inyri; terrific job on making a diverse and unique companion, I am really interested in her story and feel she will fill the gap of a developed companion which was missing with Juhani, the only element that I felt was missing from the original game.

I was curious however, are you modifying any 2das? I have a fairly modded game already and if you modified any 2das then I would have to either find the differences to successfully merge them or I just won't be able to use this at all, the likelier case. This is the same problem that prevents me from playing the Brotherhood of Shadow and it would be a shame to have that happen here as well.

Thanx
 InyriForge
11-11-2007, 5:57 PM
Yes, there are modded 2das. I use the TSL patcher for all my mods, though, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about it.
 Archonon
11-12-2007, 2:04 AM
Thanx for the response Inyri. Unfortunately I haven't a clue how to use the patcher...I've been looking over it for a couple of hours now and can't make heads or tails of it.

Anyway, it looks very promising and I like the voice chosen for Kay. Great job!
 InyriForge
11-12-2007, 2:43 AM
On the user end, you simply click install, basically. If you can handle installing KotOR, you can handle using a TSL installer.
 Salzella
11-13-2007, 4:33 PM
this looks great man :) i guess you'll be putting her stats in line with those of the other members? it would be a great shame if she were overpowered and ruined the balance, as some mods tend to do. also, i think it would be cool if, as mentioned above, she could be reskinned, even if only slightly. looking great so far though :)
 InyriForge
11-14-2007, 4:01 PM
Oh she's not overpowered. If anything she may be slightly underpowered. But I tried to keep it balanced.

I'm also looking for some beta testers who are willing and able to run through a whole playthrough by roughly the end of next week (or earlier) and beat the mod into the ground. I'd like to get it as fully tested as possible by the end of the month so that I can spend December on some of the finer details.
 DarthVrook
11-15-2007, 6:19 AM
when you want i can test it
 Ghost Down
12-15-2007, 7:38 AM
Any updates, Inyri?

- Ghost Down
 DarthDingDong
12-15-2007, 7:46 AM
Yeah we've been waiting ages! :lol:
 Danyael27
12-15-2007, 9:30 AM
I noticed one thing when watching one of the trailers.

The icon for the holocron wasn't acually the icon for a holocron (like the holocron you find near the tatooine starmap, after talking to helena shan).

You're going to change that, right?
 InyriForge
12-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Any updates, Inyri?Nope, but it should be released on time.

The icon for the holocron wasn't acually the icon for a holocron (like the holocron you find near the tatooine starmap, after talking to helena shan).

You're going to change that, right?As far as I can tell that was the icon for the Bastila's holocron, but yes, I've since changed it (to the one for the Korriban holocron -- none of the icons look much like a holocron to me, in any case).
 DarthVrook
12-24-2007, 5:50 AM
i have dowload your recruitable kay mod
its very good
 DarthDingDong
12-24-2007, 6:04 AM
Finally you released it!

Nice work Inyri!

Really nice work!
 Ghost Down
12-24-2007, 6:22 AM
Finally you released it!

Nice work Inyri!

Really nice work!

He pretty much said it all..
 Danyael27
12-24-2007, 9:25 AM
Hey Inyri.

Did you make any changes to the global.jrl?

I'm asking because when i installed the mod the global.jrl was the only file that was skipped.

Other than that this mod looks perfect.

I can safely say without lying that you have to be one of the top 10 modders.
 DarthDingDong
12-24-2007, 9:52 AM
I'm having the same global.jrl problem as danyael...

It's something to do with the journal right?

Might be BoS...
 Danyael27
12-24-2007, 9:57 AM
I haven't got the BoS installed.

So it's not that one for me, unfortunately i can't remember which mod had the global file.

I now have two global.jrls. Global.jrl and Global(2).jrl.

Is that a problem? That's happened with a few other mods.
 InyriForge
12-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Typically the installer doesn't install unmodified files. The journal file is optional, but you can also use Stoffe's JRL merger (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) to make the two mods compatible.
 DarthDingDong
12-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Ok... Thanks Inyri :)
Page: 1 of 1