Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"Frame Buffer Effects", but with the Speed Blur edited out?

Page: 1 of 1
 Arnkell
05-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I hope this isn't too advanced for you guys. Is there any way I can retain the awesome "per pixel flares"- and "noise"-features of the Frame Buffer Effects option in K1's and TSL's video menu but without that disgusting speed blur? I just, I hate having to squint while Force-running. Whoever came up with that should be...piuunished.

Any hope?
 stoffe
05-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Is there any way I can retain the awesome "per pixel flares"- and "noise"-features of the Frame Buffer Effects option in K1's and TSL's video menu but without that disgusting speed blur? I just, I hate having to squint while Force-running. ?

This is a visual effect that is applied by the impact script of the Speed force powers. In the k_inc_force.nss include file comment out the lines that look like...

eLink1 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink1, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_SPEED));

...and...

eLink2 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink2, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_SPEED));

...wherever they occur. Then, using this modified include file, recompile the k_sp1_generic.nss script and put the resulting NCS file in your override folder.

This should get rid of the speed blur when using the Force Speed powers.
 Arnkell
05-14-2007, 1:48 PM
Commenting out, is that where you use the double-slash?

I can't find an "eLink2 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink2, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_SPEED));" in the document, only the first one, the elink1. Should I add an "elink2"-variant under the elink1-ones?
 stoffe
05-14-2007, 2:18 PM
Commenting out, is that where you use the double-slash?

Yes, you can comment out all text following it by using //... this makes the script compiler script what follows, essentially deleting it from the script.

In the KotOR1 k_inc_force you'll have to change comment out (or delete) line number 1757, 1783 and 1813. In KotOR2:TSL you'll have to comment out line number 2592, 2611, 3359, 3376, 3415, 3435, 5200, 5236 and 5271. You'll find the above mentioned code on those lines.
 Arnkell
05-14-2007, 3:10 PM
Alright, I did the edits to the extracted "k_inc_force", saving it to desktop, then I opened "k_sp1_generic", pressed "Compile" (pointing to desktop when it asked what to compile from), then the new .ncs-file popped up on the desktop so I copied that and inserted it into "Override".

But the blur is still in the game. I don't think my ncs-compilation is taking my edited .nss file into consideration the way it should.
 stoffe
05-14-2007, 3:18 PM
But the blur is still in the game. I don't think my ncs-compilation is taking my edited .nss file into consideration the way it should.

Depending on which version of the script compiler you use, put the k_inc_force.nss include file in either the override folder, the same folder as the k_sp1_generic.nss file you compile, or the same folder as the script compiler (different versions look for includes in different locations).
 Arnkell
05-14-2007, 3:34 PM
Hahaha, I'm sorry, man. Here's what you get for not trying every avenue.

The blur-kill was working all along, but in almost all my saves the speed is already cast and in effect. So when I start running it somehow uses the script imprinted back from when I saved.

The script apparently isn't re-checked until I recast force speed under the new "administration", and now it is gone. :.)

Let that be a lesson to us all.
Page: 1 of 1