Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wearable Sith Uniforms

Page: 1 of 1
 lactose_
05-13-2007, 6:02 AM
Download here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Wearable_Sith_Uniforms;79020).

I made this primarily to learn how to use the tslpatcher, but I know some people have requested this before, so here goes...
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8083/wearablesithuniformsdi0.jpg)
From the readme:Wearable Sith Uniforms
for KoTOR

Version: 1.00
Author: lactose_intolerant

---------------
1. Introduction
---------------
Don't you feel a little left out whenever you're in the Sith Academy on Korriban as one of the hopefuls, but you don't get to put on what the others are wearing? I've attempted to change this by creating this mod. Have fun using it! :)

---------------
2. Installation
---------------
Extract the folder "Wearable Sith Uniforms" to a suitable place (e.g. your Desktop), and then double-click TSLPatcher.exe. The rest is automatically done for you.

-----------------------------------------
3. Included Files for the Override folder
-----------------------------------------
appearance.2da
kor35_small.utp
sith_uniform.uti
sith_uniform1.uti

-----------
4. Features
-----------
This mod will allow your party characters to wear the standard Sith Uniform (1st variation) when you get to Korriban and join the Sith Academy. Now you won't look out of place when you compete against the likes of Lashowe and Shaardan to become a full-fledged member of the Sith. :)

There are 3 sets of the Uniform for each gender, meaning you get 6 in total. All human characters will be able to wear it.

--------
5. Usage
--------
To get the Uniforms, just obtain them from the footlocker nearest to you after listening to Uthar when you get accepted into the Sith Academy.

If you don't mind cheating to get them, just access the console by pressing the ` button, then use the "giveitem" cheat for the .uti files mentioned in section 3.

For example, to get the male Uniform, type the following in the console:
giveitem sith_uniform

---------
6. Issues
---------
In order to do as little appearance.2da tweaking as possible, I've made the Uniform a disguise item, which will allow your characters to take on a guise specified in the aforementioned .2da file. However, this causes some issues...

a) Your human characters can wear BOTH male and female Uniforms, since there is no gender check available for equipment in this game. This means you can make Carth have the body of a lady (well worth a chucke) by equipping the female Uniform on him.

b) Headgear will not show up on your characters when the Uniforms are equipped. This might not be a bad thing, since many people have complained that the most of the headgear are aesthetically unpleasing.

c) The biggest problem of them all... Your characters will be headless(!) whenver they transition to a new area with the Uniforms equipped.

-------------------
7. Acknowledgements
-------------------
Special thanks to:
+ LucasArts and Bioware; for creating the brilliant KoTOR
+ Fred Tetra; for the superlative Kotor Tool
+ tk102; for k-gff
+ stoffe; for making the tslpatcher
+ Darkkender; for finding out how to apply disguises to more characters

--------------------------------------
8. Disclaimers and other legal matters
--------------------------------------
+ This .zip archive and all its contents are in no way endorsed or supported by LucasArts, Bioware, or any of their associated affiliates.

+ You, the end user, have downloaded and installed this mod at your own risk. The author of this mod bears no responsibility for any damage that you might suffer as a direct or indirect consequence of the installation of this mod.

+ This mod may not be re-hosted anywhere without the expressed consent of its author. Any mod that wishes to include the files contained herein may do so, but with the proper acknowledgement and accreditation.I'm quite sure this has not been done before (at least not how I've implemented it), but if anyone has any concerns, please don't hesitate to discuss them here. All comments are welcome, especially if you have any suggestions on how to improve my use of the tslpatcher!

Download here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Wearable_Sith_Uniforms;79020).
 ChAiNz.2da
05-14-2007, 9:32 AM
VERY Nice!

Being on an Oblivion kick lately, I've caught the "immersion" bug for all of my other games as well ;) This is exactly something that should've been in the game to begin with!

Major :thumbsup: to you!
 Shem
05-14-2007, 2:14 PM
Hey, your mod is located here.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Wearable_Sith_Uniforms;79020)

It got overlooked yesterday when I was catching up and training Emperor Devon. Anyway, I finally reviewed it and got it up. :D
 lactose_
05-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys! :)

Just some more info on this mod:

Unlike other mods that offer a similar effect, I've set up the Sith Uniform here to be a disguise item so it will not replace any of the other clothings at all; think the Sand People clothes and Mandalorian armor. So don't worry about not being able to wear some of your favourite clothes after installing this!

To use this method, I didn't have to do much .2da editing, but only added two lines in appearance.2da, 1 each for the male and female models, with the column for normalhead set at -1. The idea for this was brilliantly discovered by Darkkender here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=173841).

However, there are drawbacks to this. A picture paints a thousand words, so...
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/1618/glitchestl9.jpg)
(This is not a Photoshopped pic; see the readme in the 1st post for more details.)

As you can see, the above can happen to you... LOL! However, this small problem can be easily fixed by re-equipping the (correct) Uniform again!

As for the Sith Uniforms themselves, they use the Clothing template so there are no restrictions for anyone, and they also offer a decent +2 to AC. They were not designed to be sold, so don't bother offering them to merchants - they're specially for your party to keep!

Well that's about all. Have fun with this mod! :D

P.S. Shem, if you read this, could you amend your review on filefront a little? For now it doesn't quite paint the correct picture. Thanks! ;)
 Arбtoeldar
05-15-2007, 1:32 PM
Kudos lactose_ on an excellent idea for a mod. It will be a part of my permanent override folder. :thumbsup:
Page: 1 of 1