Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Exact Locations for NPC's in a new planet mod

Page: 1 of 1
 dangen77
05-12-2007, 8:02 PM
Well, I'm making real progress on a New Planet Mod that's gonna be absolutely rediculous. Seriously, when I started, I had no idea what I was getting into. But, I've been working on it for 4 or 5 months now, so I know it's eventually going to be a reality. I've asked for help a few times, and have gotten great responses and a lot of good help. Now I need some more, but I feel like I should at least give you all a taste before I continue to ask for help. I've put up a small web site for the mods I'm currently working on. None of these are pipe dreams, all are works in progress (and I spend a lot of time on this crap), however I only have screenshots of 2 of the new areas I'm designing. the others aren't visually finished (placeables and what-not) so I didn't want to show them yet, however I have already retextured over 20 areas to work with (including an ice planet), created hundreds of placeables and NPC's with dialog (some reused textures, some brand new). Anyways, the site can be found here :
dangen77's kotor mod site (http://giicgo.tzo.com/kotor/index.html)

Anyways, onto my questions.

The problem I'm currently having is with exact positioning of the NPC's. I'm using the Nar Shaddaa Entertainment Promenade as the Entertainment District for my Planet, Nimosa. However, there is no map for Fred's awesome tool and I want to use all of the chairs at the tables. The ones that already had people sitting in them on Nar Shaddaa are no problem, but the empty ones are giving me a headache. I can't get the NPC's to sit on the chairs because I don't know the exact positioning. The chairs in this area are part of the room model, not placeables. Is there any other way to find out this information or is anyone working on a map for this area? I can't create maps, as I don't have 3dsmax, or the know-how.

Also, does anyone know how the color tweaks for placeables work? I understand how to change them, and what they do, but I don't know which values represent each color.

As for a team, I will be putting together a small team for this mod, but I want to get a little bit further along first. Once I'm ready to add some serious scripting (an area where I'm kinda weak), and conditional dialogs (something I'm trying to learn about now that I've figured out dialogs and plots), etc...., I will put together a small team. I don't think I'll need voice actors, although there will be voices. I'm just using all the alien voice streams (it's an alien planet afterall). As i said, I'm not ready for a team yet, but I will be soon.

Thanks in advance for any help with my two questions.
 Master Zionosis
05-12-2007, 9:50 PM
Well, let me be the first to say WELL DONE!!! simply amazing, even though there are only 2 area's that have been screened so far, it looks amazing, the only other thing i have to say is the color's are making my eye's go slightly funny, lol, but its still amazing so far, good luck on it.

As for your first question, I don't really know, all i could do would be to guess, but maybe there is another way that I'm not aware of.
 L0rdReV@n88
05-12-2007, 10:01 PM
wow that really looks awesome and the reskin of the clone troopers are great good luck with finishing this planet
Page: 1 of 1