Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone have a tutorial on how to add rooms?

Page: 1 of 1
 Randydgx
05-10-2007, 11:41 PM
I saw a mod called corriscan academy and he had an elevator on the launch pad of nar shadda at one of the doors, How is this possible? Can anyone give me a quick short tutorial on how to do this? would be greatfull
thanks,
Randy
 Master Zionosis
05-11-2007, 12:31 AM
I think that was a placeable, those things are used allot in both KotOR games, I may be wrong, but if it is a placeable, then it would be the same as module editing.
 deathdisco
05-11-2007, 12:42 AM
It's a custom placeable that I cut out of a different area model that blocks the doorway. Though it should be possible (by manipulating the *.lyt file) to re-arrange the rooms in a given module. The *.lyt defines how the different area models are laid out in a module. Darth Insidious is probably the one to ask about module manipulation.
 Randydgx
05-11-2007, 1:20 AM
If you don't mind, What was the custom placeable filename so I can take it out of the mod. I'll give ya credit
 Master Zionosis
05-11-2007, 11:40 AM
I beleive it is the "PLC_lft1.mdl" and "PLC_lft1.mdx" files, i opened them in 3DSMax and they appear to be the lift. :)
 cooldamien
05-15-2007, 12:49 AM
About year ago Sith Revan was working on this very problem I just recovered 2 files that where going to the elvator placeable. I hope deathdisco will be nice and allow me to use his placeable as it the perfect color and ever thing to use in My TSL End of game Exp pack. It will save me a whole lot time and effort.

Link to the old thread by sith revan
http://www.lucasforums.com/archive/index.php/t-170088.html)
 Darth InSidious
05-15-2007, 9:45 AM
No, .lyt manipulation/adding rooms from other modules doesn't work for some reason, I'm afraid. I did try it briefly, but it wouldn't work, so I'm afraid that that is, for the moment, impossible :)
Page: 1 of 1