Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My regular unmodded char has double pupils!

Page: 1 of 1
 Arnkell
05-09-2007, 8:22 PM
Hello, new poster here, I tried to see if this had been mentioned in earlier threads but couldn't find anything so here goes...

I am playing Kotor 1 with a default, unmodded character and when my girl got her darkest of dark side faces (around 80-90% on the alignment slider I think) the pupils of the eyes of that skin are double!

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/205/pupils.jpg)

Is there any way I can reset/replace the eyeskin or facemodel? What lengths must I go to in order to "fix" her eyes?
It's the african-american face no.2 from left-to-right in the face list, the longest-haired of the black girls.

I'm posting it in this forum because I supposed it was a mod-related problem and that you would tell me to download file x and drop it in the "Override"-folder. Well that is to say I'm hoping it's that simple, at least.

Thankful for any response...

Yours truly, Arnkell the whatnow from Stockholm
 stoffe
05-10-2007, 7:52 AM
I am playing Kotor 1 with a default, unmodded character and when my girl got her darkest of dark side faces (around 80-90% on the alignment slider I think) the pupils of the eyes of that skin are double!

Is there any way I can reset/replace the eyeskin or facemodel? What lengths must I go to in order to "fix" her eyes?

If this is the second female black head model it seems the eyes for the darkside transitions are messed up in those textures. You should be able to fix it by copy&pasting the eye from the neutral/lightside texture into the darkside textures, making sure it ends up in exactly the same position in all the textures.

The files in question would be:
PFHB02.tpc - neutral/lightside
PFHB02d1.tpc - subtle darkside transition
PFHB02d2.tpc - more noticeable darkside transition
PFHB02d3.tpc - undead darkside transition
PFHB02d.tpc - full/rotting corpse darkside transition

Use KotorTool to export them to TGA format and open them up in an image manipulation program such as Photoshop, Paintshop Pro or GIMP. Then copy&paste the eye from PFHB02 into all the others in the same position. Don't trust the position of the eyes already in the darkside textures since they seem to move about a little, which I'd guess is the cause of this problem to begin with. :)

Then save the modified TGA files in your game's override folder to use them.
 Arnkell
05-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Now that's info.

I think I got it. I also switched out the iris to a Prequel Darth Maul/Sidious one, as I thought that reflected a hardcore sith better than the standard rheumy ones.

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/205/pup.jpg)

But when looking for the files you specified, I found that there were a lot of these texture files with the same names in the "Textures"-tree. I worked on the PFHB02 files in the "swpc_tex_tpa"-subtree (they were tex_gui, tex_tpa, tex_tpb and tex_tpc), but I don't know if I took the right one.
Do they differ in resolution, is that it?
 tk102
05-10-2007, 11:35 AM
But when looking for the files you specified, I found that there were a lot of these texture files with the same names in the "Textures"-tree. I worked on the PFHB02 files in the "swpc_tex_tpa"-subtree (they were tex_gui, tex_tpa, tex_tpb and tex_tpc), but I don't know if I took the right one.
Do they differ in resolution, is that it? Yes that's correct, they only differ in resolution. Good job in fixing it, though I think the original is much scarier :p. Welcome to the forums.
 Darth333
05-10-2007, 2:06 PM
Just to add to what tk posted:

swpc_tex_gui contains things such as icons and portraits for the party selection table and the gui.

swpc_tex A -> high-res
swpc_tex B -> medium
swpc_tex C -> low res
 Arnkell
05-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Right, thanks for the index darth333!

TK102 said: Yes that's correct, they only differ in resolution. Good job in fixing it, though I think the original is much scarier . Welcome to the forums.

TK102 (is that your operating number?), at first I thought "no way will I be able to match it down to the pixel", but blown up to 1200% I discovered it was something else altogether. :.)
And it's nice to be here, I've lurked for a long time now but mostly for reference material, I needed this final push to make something more of things.
Oh, and I really like the new vBulletin software you got for this place, much better than the previous incarnation. They have this over at "sword forum international" too, that's where I got used to it.

I must say, I did tinker some more with my girl's iris, I really wanted the whole "fueled by the dark side" thing going:

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/205/bus.jpg)

---------------

I reddened the whites of the eyes a bit to try and find that forsaken, chaotic look I remembered seeing in the ghastly end of ROTS:

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/205/ghm.jpg)

---------------

And I couldn't very well stop now, I had to take this to its inevitable conclusion..

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/205/traya.jpg)
Removed img tag to keep screen from stretching ~ tk102

---------------

Suddenly I feel so very tired... I think I'll go rest now.

On another note (seeing as it's probably an editing-matter too), I've noticed that in Kotor 1, unlike TSL, the different player classes have different body lengths, with male soldier being the tallest and female scoundrel the petitest. Is there any way to switch different lengths for different classes? Say, getting a female soldier but with the body of a scoundrel? (wait, that didn't come out right...)

Thoughts?
 stoffe
05-11-2007, 3:59 PM
On another note (seeing as it's probably an editing-matter too), I've noticed that in Kotor 1, unlike TSL, the different player classes have different body lengths, with male soldier being the tallest and female scoundrel the petitest. Is there any way to switch different lengths for different classes? Say, getting a female soldier but with the body of a scoundrel? (wait, that didn't come out right...)

You can flip the body models used in the appearance.2da file for the player appearance type you use. Those lines have labels like for example P_FEM_B_SML_02, where:

P_ = Player model
FEM_ = Female (or MAL_ = Male)
B_ = Black (or C_ = white, A_ = asian)
SML_ = Scoundrel (or MED_ = Scout, LRG_ = Soldier)
02 = Sequence number

Normally each selectable head/appearance has three lines here, one for each class (SML/MED/LRG).

For those lines look in the modela --> modelj columns for the name of the body models, and texa --> texj columns for the base name of the corresponding textures (without the TextureVariation number at the end).

The last letter of those column labels correspond to:
A = underwear
B = plain clothes
C = Light armor
D = Light armor variant 2
E = Medium armor
F = Medium armor variant 2
G = Heavy armor
H = Heavy armor variant 2
I = Jedi Robes
J = Revan/Starforge robes

So, for example if you wish to edit the second black female to switch the body size of the scoundrel and soldier you'd look for lines with labels P_FEM_B_SML_02 (row 109) P_FEM_B_LRG_02 (row 111) in appearance.2da. Then switch the content of the above mentioned columns between those lines.

Line 109, column modela: PFBAS --> PFBAL
Line 111, column modela: PFBAL --> PFBAS
Line 109, column texa: PFBASB --> PFBALB
Line 111, column texa: PFBALB --> PFBASB
Line 109, column texaevil: PFBASD --> PFBALD
Line 111, column texaevil: PFBALD --> PFBASD

...etc for the rest of the columns.
 Arnkell
05-11-2007, 9:00 PM
And then I put this altered appearance.2da in "Override"?

But am I right in assuming that this won't make all the Scoundrels in the game big, just the ones with my face? Or will it only alter my player (as would be preferable)?

Can this be done for TSL too? Enabling a sml/med/lrg on the player? Or did Obsidian take the feature out altogether when they commandeered the engine?
 stoffe
05-11-2007, 10:21 PM
And then I put this altered appearance.2da in "Override"?

But am I right in assuming that this won't make all the Scoundrels in the game big, just the ones with my face? Or will it only alter my player (as would be preferable)?

Yes, put the modified 2da file in the override folder to use it.

It will alter all characters which use the appearance type you edit. As far as I can remember the player appearances aren't used for many NPCs in the game though.

Can this be done for TSL too? Enabling a sml/med/lrg on the player? Or did Obsidian take the feature out altogether when they commandeered the engine?

There are only medium-sized body models in KOTOR 2, and all classes use them, so it would only work for KOTOR 1.
 Arnkell
05-12-2007, 4:56 PM
I suspected as much. I wonder what made them do that?

Stoffe, thanks for giving me a fishing pole instead of the fish, I needed to learn how to do this instead of getting it served.
Page: 1 of 1