Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Should LucasForums.com be held to high standards?

Page: 1 of 1
 The Source
05-08-2007, 9:25 PM
Should LucasForums.com be held to high standards?
Along the right side of your sreen ads apear, so the owners of LucasForums can pay the bills. Within the mixture of advertising, the 'True' ads use young skimply dressed females to sell their products. LucasForums is a place that you can find all types of topics. Religion, sex, mods, games, politics, etc...

Now, we visit LucasForums under our own freewill. If we choose to participate in the forums, we do so under our own disgression.

When a site uses the name of an individual who sells a high level of moral media, they are also making a small connection to that individual. Even though they do not think so, the name Lucas belongs to a specific person. As they plaster the name everywhere, they are using his popularity to gain the attention of a youthful audience. When people think about the name Lucas, they most likely make a connection to Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Sam & Max, etc... Most of the forums on the boards are Star Wars based, so I am guessing that people come here for that specific topic.

I guess what I am asking is:

Should a site that uses the name Lucas be held to the same high standards that Lucas himself has?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
05-08-2007, 9:35 PM
What.

I'm pretty sure George Lucas isn't known as a beacon of morality. Anywhere. And Episode I was not an example of what I'd call 'high standards'.
 Darth333
05-08-2007, 9:39 PM
There is already an ad thread in the main feedback forum so I;m closing this one as I don't quite see the need of another one here.

Second: the ads are defined by a third party and on a regional basis (we may not see the same thing). Unfortunately add companies do not seem to scan their own inventory at 100% and sometimes advertisers may sneak in some questionable ads.
Page: 1 of 1