Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Third Person Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 MachineCult
05-08-2007, 6:17 PM
Now first, i'm aware that there is a cheat for third person, but it looks terrible.
I'm just wondering if it were possible for someone to make a mod of some sort which makes the hud/crosshair viewable in the third person view, and changes the playermodel to what Boss actually looks like, instead of the blank white one. Perhaps also with the camera slightly to the right like Gears of War or Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.

Cheers in advance.
 CLONECOMMANDER501
05-10-2007, 7:59 PM
Impossible, thats the game engine.
 MachineCult
05-11-2007, 7:35 AM
I refuse to believe that it is impossible, you can change the player model and there's no reason why you couldn't have the HUD appear in the behindview.
 FoolInTheWave
04-03-2008, 8:59 PM
Yes, I would love a mod like this. It should be possible. You just couldn't have the camera tilted to the side though. If I could do this I would. But I have no skill for modding this game.
 memarik
04-13-2008, 10:58 AM
somebody make this happen!!! i want it too!!!! :D :D :D
 Delta 47
05-08-2008, 9:57 PM
Guys, if you want third person view just use the Cheat Codes (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsrepubliccommando/hints.html?tag=result;title;1) and you will see how RC was made and see how it is impossible to have third person view in Republic Commando. The cheat code I use is the following press the "`" button and type "set input b togglebehindview" and than all you have to do is press b to switch between third view and first view, it will also stay that way every time you start the game.
Page: 1 of 1