Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dlgeditor v2.3.0 how do I add sounds?

Page: 1 of 1
 Randydgx
05-07-2007, 11:19 PM
I use dlgeditor v2.3.0 and i want to add an alarm going off on my terminal. I see a place for sound, but how do i know what to put in there? Is it the filename under streamsounds? I tried that but I heard no sound.
Thanks,
Randy
 stoffe
05-13-2007, 3:14 PM
I use dlgeditor v2.3.0 and i want to add an alarm going off on my terminal. I see a place for sound, but how do i know what to put in there? Is it the filename under streamsounds? I tried that but I heard no sound.

This is probably better done using a placeable sound object for the alarm, since the sound would stop as soon as the terminal moves on to another node if you set the sound as Voiceover sound.

Create a placeable sound (UTS file) and place it in the game world next to the terminal (or where you want the sound to come from). Copy&paste an existing UTS file to make it easier to modify it, rename it to alarm.uts, and then set the following fields:

Continuous - 1
Interval - 1000
MaxDistance - 64 (radius in meters where sound can be heard)
MinDistance - 48 (radius in meters where sound is hard at full strength)
Positional - 0 (play everywhere in the area)
Priority - 21
Tag - alarm
TemplateResRef - alarm
Times - 3
Volume - 127
[b]Sounds --> 0 --> Sound (ResRef) - amb_alarm_01 (or whatever sound you use)

Set everything else to 0.

Then run a script like this from the dialog node where you want to trigger the alarm:

void main() {
object oSound = GetObjectByTag("alarm");
SoundObjectPlay(oSound);
DelayCommand(4.0, SoundObjectStop(oSound));
}

Change the part in red to the Tag of your placeable sound, and the part in red to the number of seconds you want the alarm siren to sound.
Page: 1 of 1