Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

These are the Kinds of People the US is fighting around the world

Page: 2 of 2
 mur'phon
05-16-2007, 2:39 PM
Okay, so you're saying Israel shouldn't fight back because the terrorists are using children as human shields.

No, I said that bombing/shelling a house containing rebels is not the best way to avoid civilan casualties.

Also if you'd look to the recent Israel/Lebanon Conflict, you'd realize that most media outlets aren't at all trustworthy when it comes to things concerning Israel.

What make some more trustworthy than others? Please enlighten me

Running around stating that doctored photos are the gospel truth.

The only photo I have seen in the conflict that was shown to be doctored was a picture where a lot of smoke had been added. If there are others, please let me know.
 Allronix
05-17-2007, 5:14 AM
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. [...] This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron."
-Dwight Eisenhower

There is no historical precedent
To put the words in the mouth of the President
There's no such thing as a winnable war
It's a lie that we don't believe anymore
Mr. Reagan says we will protect you
I don't subscribe to this point of view
Believe me when I say to you
I hope the Russians love their children too

We share the same biology
Regardless of ideology
What might save us, me, and you
Is that the Russians love their children too
-Sting "Russians" (written during the Cold War, but the same old song's just being sung with new lyrics)

People listen to this garbage because they are desperate, angry, see no way out of the situation, and need someone to blame for it. Usually, it's whoever seems better off that's within range of their fist. Kreia had a point about cruelty cruelties begetting greater ones. These children see armed guards shooting into their windows, their homes demolished, and their families deported to camps.

On the other side, there's wave after wave of people who believe their lives so worthless that all they can do is die and take as many with them as they can - doing so every day. In both an attempt to prevent them and in retalliation - more armed guards, more demolitions...you get the picture. Meanwhile, groups like Hezbollah and Hamas make political hay and tons of recruits by doling out money, building hospitals, and making themselves look good to the locals, putting the proverbial chocolate coating on their repulsive message.

It's such a mess over there with both sides apparantly so determined to kill one another that I would almost call the situation hopeless.
 GarfieldJL
05-17-2007, 1:43 PM
That's nice cept we're not talking about the Russians here. Last I checked the Soviets didn't use their own children as human bombs.
 SilentScope001
07-08-2007, 1:02 PM
Uh, sorry for accidently relighting a discussion but...

Hamas TV on Friday broadcast what it said was the last episode of a weekly children's show featuring "Farfour," a Mickey Mouse look-alike who had made worldwide headlines for preaching Islamic domination and armed struggle to youngsters.

In the final skit, Farfour was beaten to death by an actor posing as an Israeli official trying to buy Farfour's land. At one point, Farfour called the Israeli a "terrorist."

"Farfour was martyred while defending his land," said Sara, the teen presenter. He was killed "by the killers of children," she added.

The weekly show, featuring a giant black-and-white rodent with a high-pitched voice, had attracted worldwide attention because the character urged Palestinian children to fight Israel. It was broadcast on Hamas-affiliated Al-Aksa TV.

Station officials said Friday that Farfour was taken off the air to make room for new programs.

Station manager Mohammed Bilal said he didn't know yet what would be shown instead.

Israeli officials have denounced the program, "Tomorrow's Pioneers," as incendiary and outrageous. The program was also opposed by the state-run Palestinian Broadcasting Corporation, which is controlled by Fatah.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1183053066461&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull)

Say what you will about Hamas, but, at the very least, they know how best to end a childern show.
 GarfieldJL
07-08-2007, 1:09 PM
They made the psycho mouse char into a martyr is what they did.
Page: 2 of 2