Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Another question about Jedi robes.

Page: 1 of 1
 Zerimar Nyliram
04-30-2007, 2:57 PM
Okay, I've made an entirely new set of Jedi robes for KOTOR 2. The properties, descriptions and item names have been changed; however, I can't seem to get them to use my new textures rather than the default Jedi robes. I've got all of the new TPC files (though they appear in my folder as UTI files) as well as TGA files for their textures; however, how do I enter those new textures into the system so that it will be there as a base item choice when I scroll down?

Also, I've accidentally made these UTIs draw upon KOTOR 1 the first time I clicked on them, and I don't know how to change them over to KOTOR 2.

I'm sorry if I'm wording it all in a confusing manner. Would screen shots help?
 stoffe
04-30-2007, 5:30 PM
I can't seem to get them to use my new textures rather than the default Jedi robes. I've got all of the new TPC files (though they appear in my folder as UTI files) as well as TGA files for their textures; however, how do I enter those new textures into the system so that it will be there as a base item choice when I scroll down?

If you haven't changed the model in any way and only made new textures you don't need a new base item for the robes, it should be enough that you name your new texture the same as the standard robe textures but with a unique number at the end of the texture file name. This number is then set in the TextureVariation field in the UTI file for the robe that should use this texture.

(And if you have made model changes and add a new base item (in baseitems.2da the game supports a fixed number of body variations, so you'd have to re-use one of the standard clothing/armor/robe model slots, replacing that model with your own in the corresponding column in appearance.2da.)
 Zerimar Nyliram
04-30-2007, 11:10 PM
It's the latter.

Edit: I can't get it to work. I give up.
 Rueben Shan
04-30-2007, 11:59 PM
This may sound kinda stupid... but did you put them in the override file? I forgot to do that once... and I was so frusterated... then I discovered I didn't do that... and then I turned red from embarressment.
 Zerimar Nyliram
05-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Um, yes. Yes, I did.
Page: 1 of 1