Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Taris: Sith Planet

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Kalverys
04-29-2007, 11:31 AM
I always thought that since Taris was visited by the Jedi Revan, that there would be a Jedi stronghold on Taris, so I made the Hidden Beks Jedi and Republic Soldiers, to fight the Sith. Since the planet is under quarintine by the Sith, I thought that maybe the Sith should have overrun the Black Vulkers, and killed every last one, so I made the Vulkers into Sith. Brejik, I turned into Darth Aroes, Rueben Shan's greatest enemy. (If you don't know who Rueben Shan is, then wait for my Carth to Rueben Shan mod... then you'll find out.) I turned Gadon, into Jedi Grand Master Gadon Thek. The Hidden Bek Lookout is now a Jedi Watchman... the first in a since Exar Kun's war. (She is VERY powerful.)

BUGS: Gadon will not be a Jedi if you fight him... some Black Vulkers still have their Vulker look.

Download this mod (http://files.filefront.com/Taris_Sith_Planetrar/;7378301;/fileinfo.html)

Size of the file is: 127.90 KB

Screenshots (http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t55/Rueben_Shan/Screen%20Shots/)
 TLM20
04-29-2007, 5:33 PM
Sounds like fun, will give it a go next time I play. One thing though, would the Sith have been able to invade if there was a Jedi outpost on Taris? :D
 Darth Kalverys
04-29-2007, 5:41 PM
Yes, you'll understand WHY once you've given it a play through
 adamqd
04-30-2007, 11:36 AM
This Mod makes sense anyway as there was a Jedi Academy on Taris during the mandalorian wars. sounds cool :)
 JediAthos
05-01-2007, 8:09 PM
I've begun playing a game with the mod installed, and it looks good so far except that a couple of the Sith in the lower city apartments didn't attack me. They just kind of stood there. Also I had a crash as I was heading toward the bek base going away from the entrance to the lower city. I'm not sure whether that is related to the mod or not yet.
 Darth Kalverys
05-02-2007, 5:47 PM
The Sith not attacking is... when I first released it, I hadn't gone into the apartments... but when I did... they didn't attack... however the crash... that is probably a mod confliction... not sure what the mod confliction would be though...
 jedi7000nathan
05-02-2007, 7:10 PM
who is the third party member in your Screenshots with the jedi portriat
 Darth Kalverys
05-02-2007, 9:18 PM
Oh that? That's a mod that I'm currently working on... I still haven't decided wether or not I'm gonna release that one. He actually takes the place of Carth, but I think at that stage in development I had him replace Canderous... I don't remember.
 JediAthos
05-03-2007, 8:34 PM
Just wanted to let you know that the crash I had was unrelated to the mod, and I'm now off Taris. Overall, I really liked it. Some of the encounters were pretty challenging, and I actually died a couple of times something I haven't done since like that first time I played the game. My only criticism is that maybe if you update in the future you might not want quite so many lightsaber and robe drops and maybe have some of the enemies just drop credits or something. I suppose some people would probably like the drop rate, but you could probably cut it down and still have a nice amount of drops. Overall, I really enjoyed the mod, it kept Taris from being quite as dull and boring.
 tk102
05-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi,
I had a quick look at the tar10_vulksur.dlg file. There were two dead ends that I think were not intended.

Entry 6 RepliesList 0 should probably have a Value of 9 instead of 6.
Entry 6 RepliesList 1 should probably have a Value of 30 instead of 7.

I'm impressed at how effective these .utc overrides are in changing the feel of Taris. Good job. :D
 Darth Kalverys
12-28-2007, 7:41 PM
Great... I got Kotor and Kotor Tool installed, I suppose it's time I continue this... :( I don't look forward to looking through every single .UTC file... that's gonna get annoying. Oh well... as long as everyone likes it... :)
Page: 1 of 1