Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gothic III

Page: 1 of 1
 Point Man
04-26-2007, 1:07 AM
I saw Gothic III in the store, and was intrigued. Does anybody have a recommendation, good or bad, on it?
 oldflash
04-26-2007, 2:43 AM
I saw Gothic III in the store, and was intrigued. Does anybody have a recommendation, good or bad, on it?
Not much like a recommendation but for me is the best game I've played.
Since is 3-th game in series it is good if you already play gothic and gothic2 (with "Night of the Raven" will be perfect) because it will help you to understand the storyline. But you will need a good PC - I have a P4 at 2,6ghz, 1,5gb ddram at 400mhz and a AGP Fx6600GT with 128mb ddr2 and after some adjustments in ini files I got a pretty good quality of image.
Playing 6h/day it takes me 3 weeks to finish the game.

Also, see this tread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171820)
 Vaelastraz
04-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Here's my opinion:

Play Gothic I, II +addon first. They're better and require less hardware.

Gothic III is certainly a good RPG. But it did not continue the style of its prequels, which are awesome. There's a heavy lack of atmosphere when compared with GI and GII.

Also, if you're one of those who play a RPG just for story, Gothic III is not your best choice. The story sucks imo. I've never been able to play through the game even once. And I'm a huge Gothic fan. But at one point, it just didn't motivate me anymore and I gave up.

If you're gonna buy it, one final bit of advice: Make sure you got 2GB RAM and a very good video card.
 oldflash
04-27-2007, 8:37 AM
@jimbo fett 66 - I have only one suggestion regarding this game: download Gothic3 demo and see if you like. Also I have few screenshots (http://oldflash.125mb.com/g3/)
Page: 1 of 1