Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 - choppy cutscenes under XP

Page: 1 of 1
 fletch622
04-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi all,

New to the forum... but have loved Dark Forces since it came out way back when (and flied on my archaic 486 DX/33... showing my age here). Anyway, I have a problem, and hopefully someone has some advice...

I just recently purchased Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 from LucasArts (before it disappears forever), and it seems that certain cutscenes are choppy as it access the scenes from the CD. Usually, it's those cutscenes that feature the live-action shots... and the choppier they get, the harder it is to follow the dialog... and the more annoying this becomes.

If it helps any, my machine is about a month old. I'm playing JK on an iMac C2D (w/BootCamp) running XP Pro SP2, 2 GB RAM.

I currently run the game through Win95 Compatibility mode from the hard drive, and not from the Launcher. Tried it through the Launcher to see if it made a difference, but the same problem still occurs.

I tried searching for a thread on this here, but to no avail.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks!
 JKLE_Cougar
04-24-2007, 1:36 PM
Hi welcome to the forums! if you want a game or too check out the website in my signature to our clan we are still active!! :)

Now for the problem.... ive never tried JK on a Mac BUT that shouldnt be a problem try running it without Compatibility mode it should run just fine on XP itself.
Page: 1 of 1