Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

installation problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Karajin
04-23-2007, 5:34 AM
when I try to install it get to 99% then it says it needs assets3.pk3...But the file is missing from my disk, can some one help me locate the file?
 Parfocal
02-27-2009, 11:34 AM
It's too bad this is such an old topic. But I ran into the same problem and don't see a recent solution. Maybe someone will happen upon this during a Search and this will help them find a solution.

I did see several people post that this is a pirating issue, but mine wasn't.

Seems there are (at least) TWO different versions of this game on CD. One is a "pre-patched" version, and one is a "post-patch" version. I have both, and I am missing one of the CDs (disc 2) of the "post-patch" version. When I tried to install the game again, I used CD 1 of the "post-patch" version and it popped up that same error message when I stuck in CD 2 of the "pre-patch" version. My CD 2 doesn't have the assets3.pk3 file that the installer needed. Nothing would fix it, and a search turned up several warnings that I "must have a pirated copy". What a terribly near-sighted thing to say to people that have legit copies.

Anyway, I can't offer a solution really, since this isn't a fix or anything, but maybe it will help any of the owners of legitimate copies out there figure out if they have mismatched versions like I have.

The pre-patched discs have a "version number" printed on them that's just all numbers. The post-patched discs have a very similar number with "R01" at the end. Sorry, I don't have the exact numbers handy here at work, will post later.

This was the thread I saw that prompted my post:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=147905)
It's locked so I couldn't post in there.
Page: 1 of 1