Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Virgina Tech. Memorial

Page: 1 of 1
 Miss_Mayhem
04-18-2007, 1:50 AM
I'm sure you have all heard of the deadly Virgina Tech. Masaccre by now. With 32 lives claimed, it's the single most deadly civilian shooting in US history. I give the families of those who have died, and indeed those poor souls themselves my condolences and deepest sorrows.

It's a deppresing topic, and in light of such tragedy it must be tread upon lightly and with utmost respect. Express your grief and condolences in this thread, and given it's nature, take care to leave it be and not attempt to go on a tangent.
 Smon
04-18-2007, 4:39 AM
As much as I love stomping on disaster it's way too soon.

Anyway, speaking of this just today someone called in a gun threat to my school. Naturally the guys in charge go "ONO A GUY WIT' A GUN? BETTER LOK EVERIONE IN DA SCHOO! DAAAA!" Turns out it was just a prank anyway.

...getting homeschooled ASAP.
 CSI
04-18-2007, 4:47 AM
32? Since when the death poll climbed 1 digit?

Anyway yeah, that's tragic. Massacre? Sounds like famous Texas Massacre.

Also, I'm sorry that happened. May soul rest in peace. Amen.
 Ray Jones
04-18-2007, 5:32 AM
Yeah yeah rana rana, now let's all go and buy a weapon. 'Coz it is my damn right to do so. For err hunting animals. All squirrels must die.
 Psychochaos3
04-18-2007, 4:38 PM
I'm gonna be real mean,cynical, and harsh. But I can't lie.

I don't feel anything. I'd say that people will die, and the world is overpopulated anyway.

People would say those people who died, died for no reason, but you can say that about
kids with cancer, bystanders of a war, or miscarried babies. People have to die, or there would be no room.

I have no reason to be sad. I wasn't there. I didn't die or get injured. No one I know died because of that or got hurt.

So why should I or anyone who wasn't there even care?

Man, I'm heartless. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. If one of you have someone who died or got injured in the incident, you can care. You have a reason to.

I give my respects to those who lost their lives. Even though I don't see why.
 martmeister
04-18-2007, 6:00 PM
^^^I feel some sadness for the familes, friends, and survivors, but admittedly, I'm not overwhelmed with grief and wish the media would move on with it.

Also, be careful of 2-part agree/disagree statements. (ie: "Don't you think that shooting was horrible and that selling firearms should be banned?") The media seems to be stressing that the shooter bought a handgun (legally). O K. I mean, I suppose he could've ran around with a fukkin' butter knife but that wouldn't be the best choice. A bomb? Well, definitely more damage. Of course, a frikkin' gun! More people do die of car accidents in the US than gunshot wounds, so maybe we should ban driving or selling cars? Fukin' morons!
 zelda 41
04-18-2007, 6:23 PM
i think it's sad and wish the crazy/depressed/ emo guy just shot himself and noone else. but, of course he had to go on a bad number.
 urluckyday
04-18-2007, 8:08 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this tragedy.

Also...look. I hear a lot about how the world is a "horrible" place to live from several different people (not really on these forums), but the fact is...the only reason we think that is because...it's the old news saying: "if it bleeds, it leads." Meaning that, the majority of things that people hear on the news will be about bloodshed, corruption, etc. But seriously...how often do you hear actual "good" news on the news (besides sports)? The world is a good place, and there is more good than bad...we just don't hear enough of it to believe it...
 Davinq
04-18-2007, 8:40 PM
::moment of silence::
 Miss_Mayhem
04-18-2007, 8:45 PM
One should be sad because it was human lives, these people didn't want to die. And how much of a difference does 32 people make to the population? If we are overcrowded, 32 people more isn't much of a difference, wed still be overpopulated. If it's the opposite, it isn't too big a deal either in the grand scheme of things. But you cant treat these people as numbers. You may not know them or anyone affected, but that doesn't mean they are not being grieved over and that they couldn't have made a difference if they lived.
 urluckyday
04-18-2007, 8:59 PM
Look...forget overpopulation. I mean, sure...people have to die eventually, but there's 2 things that bother me bout that statement, and that's the fact that these were just kids, and they had their entire lives ahead of em', and also...what gives any person the right to decide who lives and who dies? Nothing...that's what.
 Miss_Mayhem
04-18-2007, 9:04 PM
One has to wonder what went thru the shooter's mind. Anger? Grief? Releif with each bullet he shot? You wonder, but I'd rather not know.
 Davinq
04-18-2007, 9:13 PM
There's a much more dedicated debate regarding life and death and the 32' shooting in Ahto ladies. Go lock horns with stingerhs or something.
 TechnoTabby
04-18-2007, 10:50 PM
There are many things that could have provoked that student to do what he did and there are things that could have been done to not provoke the student maybe nothing could have been done.It's just sad that all those live went to waste they had many years ahead of them.I sorta don't like guns,but then I kinda do like them.I had an Uncle,may he rest in peace, who was shot over 12 times in the back and chest in broad daylight in a sidewalk in front of many people and in front of his own child......man thats just wrong and no one knows what provoked the killer and the part that sucks is I think they haven't found the killer yet.Well I feel grief for the families that lost someone in the shooting I guess I kinda know what it feels like.Geez people GEEZ.
 martmeister
04-19-2007, 12:16 AM
At least there were some heroes tales: one of the Holocaust survivor blocking a door to save others. That's a hero. Well, we see 32 as a big number, because things like that don't just happen. I mean if we were in certain 3rd country war zones or regions of the world where one's life is considered worthless, 32 would be chump change.

32 is not a lot of people. 32 IS a lot of college-educated, non-combatant, non-war zone civilians.
 TechnoTabby
04-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah compared to other stuff thats happened in America and to other countries for example the Civil War,WW1,WW2,ect.In which we lost a butt-load of people 32 is'nt that much.Still it shucks that the families lost a family member or friend.
Page: 1 of 1