Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lord of the Rings Online [MMO]

Page: 1 of 1
 Bob Lion54
04-14-2007, 4:25 AM
Da da da da da da da!

LotRO will be released this month on the 24th. The 24th happens to be my birthday, so I know what I'll be doing! heh

The game is in open beta right now. The cool thing is, you can download it and play for free until the release day. I got the preorder from Best Buy for $10, though. I personally love the game. Its freaking Middle-Earth come to life!

They did a pretty good job getting the game to feel like you're in LOTR. I keep catching myself humming the theme song, heh. The quest are well written and are perfect for the setting. The game is making me want to reread the novels, which I unfortunately haven't read since High School... I may need to rectify that soon. hehe

As far as the community, it seems pretty good. Its the free open beta right now and unfortunately there are a few idiots running around, but I've also met a number of cool people.

Anyone else playing/planing to play?

I randomly selected the Arkenstone server. If any LFers decide to join me, my mains name is Bobicus.

EDIT: I'm on Silverlode now. Bobicus is still my main's name.

And with that, I'm back to Middle-Earth.
 Rogue15
04-14-2007, 8:12 AM
i played it for a few hours, it's just like swg and wow just without the pvp (besides dueling) the only thing that really stood out was the music, and of course some of the detail....would've been better hearing the enemy say stuff at you instead they have those damned text blocks, wtf is up w/that!!!
 Gargoyle King
04-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Da da da da da da da!

LotRO will be released this month on the 24th. The 24th happens to be my birthday, so I know what I'll be doing! heh.

Well i won't be playing that. Like the single-player RPG "The Third Age" it seems all too irrelevant (a bit like SWG) as your playing a lesser role and don't really contribute to the panning out of the story (aka Frodo and his cohorts) at all. If the game includes quests that interlink with main LOTR characters then it could work (again like The Third Age) - then again if its anyhting like what SWG is now it definately won't work, period. As for the price of $10 i think that BETAs of a game should be free -as they are only test versions after all. I personally don't like MMORPGs - the ones i have i din't like at all such as FF XI and SWG. My main concern is that if the servers are going to be run by SOE (the destroyers of that once beautiful online Star Wars game in a time far, far away) then the game with hindsight probably will get progressively worse of the next comin years.
 Ghost Down
05-18-2008, 8:42 AM
Hey,

I saw this at my local game shop for 10 bucks, and I was thinking of picking it up, but before I do. Are people still playing this game? Or are all the servers dead?
 Bob Lion54
05-18-2008, 8:58 AM
Oh yea, the game is still very active. In fact, they recently announced the first expansion, "Mines of Moria."

They haven't set a release date, but Turbine adds new content to the game about every 8 weeks or so. They have one more update before Moria so it should be released in about two to three months.

Check out the trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=566n2DFSlSA)

The game hasn't been on many store shelves for a while, being that it's been out for over a year now, but there's still a steady influx of new players.
 Ghost Down
05-18-2008, 9:04 AM
Thanks, gonna pick it up for sure now I've seen that trailer :D

Besides, it's only 10 bucks (and I get a free month of play) :xp:
Page: 1 of 1