Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Banned IP?

Page: 1 of 1
 skaven510
04-11-2007, 1:41 AM
I need help because I have no idea what I did to have my IP banned, heck I never even registered before today. Funny I've got to use my computer at work just to send this. I've tried emailing staff@lucasforums.com but I get a mailer daemon saying it can't go through. I've never posted or anything before this one so I'm very confuse why I was banned. If a moderator or someone can help please let me know where to send my email with my IP address and tell me what I did wrong, I promise I will never do it again. I know a lot of people probably get banned but this is a first for me and extremely frustrating I don't know what I did. I've read the rules for the forums and I didn't do anything that would call for an IP ban without warning.

Once again I'm sorry for whatever I did and please let me back in.

Brian
 stoffe
04-11-2007, 8:25 AM
I need help because I have no idea what I did to have my IP banned, heck I never even registered before today. Funny I've got to use my computer at work just to send this.

It's possible you use the same internet service provider that was used by an advertising spam bot or someone who's been banned from the forums for other reasons in the past. Unless you have a static IP that's only used by you it doesn't necessarily mean that you are the one who's been doing something wrong.

If you get a dynamically allocated IP address from your ISP (using DHCP) you could try disconnecting from the net and re-connect to see if you get another IP address assigned.

If you do have a fixed, static IP address that's only used by your computer you should examine your computer closely to determine if there are any bot net zombies running on it that might have been used to spam the forums in the past.
 Shem
04-11-2007, 1:39 PM
I've ran into this before with a user who's IP was banned at FileFront who wasn't registered, but wanted to get to the site and download a mod.
 Darth333
04-11-2007, 8:20 PM
 skaven510
04-11-2007, 9:18 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the quick reply. I've been reading on MSN about the bot wars with 'internet gangs' taking over thousands of bots to terrorize the net with, but I don't think my computer is one of these. I admit I'm not the most net savy person in the world but I do know enough to be dangerous to myself :) I've got spybot and antivira. Plus I've got some kind of program that sweeps my computer of excess junk (Read that it was pretty good on hijackthis) I may be wrong though and it is a bot.

One thing that's funny though I've been coming here on and off for awhile now and at least this event got me off of the 'lurker' status and force me into actually posting.
 tk102
04-12-2007, 12:35 PM
One thing that's funny though I've been coming here on and off for awhile now and at least this event got me off of the 'lurker' status and force me into actually posting.Heh heh, welcome to the forums. (Unless you really are evil.) :p
 skaven510
04-12-2007, 8:44 PM
Last time I checked I wasn't too evil :twogun: but being evil with the net thing is too far beyond my knowledge. As long as my connection works then I don't really care how it does it.

I just wanted to reply stoffe my IP does change every time I connect but I still am banned no matter what it is and it seems the last two digits in the IP are the only ones to change.

Also thanks to D3 for the help your giving. I really appreciate it. Anyways back to work for me before my boss comes around :)
 TheRealDem
04-14-2007, 11:16 AM
I use AOL explorer if Im IP Banned.Ive only been IP Banned from one site and thats RoosterTeeth.I was IP Banned for no reason at all.Anyways GL with your problem man.Oh and btw what service do you use?AOL,FireFox,Opera,Netscape,or MicrosoftIE?

PM Me man and we cant talk.
 skaven510
04-16-2007, 1:21 PM
YEE HAA everything is okay now. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped and I have one thing to say, never ever ever ever ever use IE :smash: . My freaken IE banned me. I don't know why maybe I said something bad to it one day and it decided to take away my star wars sites. Anyways thanks again and one more time NEVER EVER USE IE!!!

skaven
 tk102
04-16-2007, 1:25 PM
^^^
So using IE you are still banned but using some other browser you have access??
 Diego Varen
04-16-2007, 3:37 PM
My freaken IE banned me. I don't know why maybe I said something bad to it one day and it decided to take away my star wars sites. Anyways thanks again and one more time NEVER EVER USE IE!!!

I've used IE all my life and I've never had this problem. Anyway, I'm glad it was sorted out.
 EnIgmA_XX
04-16-2007, 3:56 PM
Yeah, i also have always used IE. maybe i should change because i have a similar problem to yours.
 skaven510
04-17-2007, 3:57 AM
I don't know why it happened but using IE, everytime I tried to go to any lucas forums whether it was KOTOR or not I always got this

vbulliten Your IP has been banned by the administrator. Please contact the administrator here....... and the 'here' was an email account at staff@lucasforums.com.

I still get this message if I use IE, but now I use firefox and haven't had that problem. I've ran virus checks and spyware removers just in case it was some kind of funky bug, but nothing. I checked the firewall and that was ok too. So you got me why my IE acted so funky.

Anyways just glad I got on through a different browser.

Skaven
 tk102
04-17-2007, 3:22 PM
I'm still confused how this could happen.

Does this page (http://www.whatsmyip.info/) look the same in both IE and FF to you?

Are you using a proxy in IE (Tools: Internet Options: Connections: LAN Settings)?
 Balderdash
05-15-2007, 3:04 PM
I have the same problem that this guy had. I'm 99% sure I haven't done anything to warrant an IP ban. I use Firefox...
 Darth333
05-15-2007, 3:21 PM
Could you PM me the IP you are having problem with? I will verify.
Page: 1 of 1