Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Slightly clicking sound in the background when using Gamepad

Page: 1 of 1
 Byakko
04-02-2007, 6:53 AM
I'm using a Logitech Dual-Action Gamepad to play Psychonauts right now.

There's this perpetual clicking sound in the background every time I move. It's not very obvious or loud, so it's not really critically annoying; but I would like to just get rid of it altogether...

Anyway has the PC Psychonauts and a gamepad? Do you have the same problem, and did you manage to get rid of the clicking sound?
 Toliver
04-02-2007, 11:07 AM
I have a regular Logitech gamepad and don't experiece any clicking noise when playing the game. Raz's footsteps sometimes make a noise when he's walking or running. But I assume this clicking sound is too regular to be a game sound effect.
If anything, I would think it would a sound card issue rather than a controller issue. Have you experimented with the sound settings?
 Byakko
04-03-2007, 4:23 AM
The sound is basically the Windows mouse-click sound; only continuous and slightly faint.

I haven't tried anything with the sound settings yet; I'll test it out for now.
 martmeister
04-03-2007, 8:14 AM
How does your Gamepad plug in? USB, gameport, serial? Is it plugged into the back of the sound card (many sound cards have a "game port") or directly into the motherboard? I'm wondering if there's a conflict with the mouse and Gamepad. Are there drivers for the Gamepad and have you tried reinstalling them?
 Byakko
04-04-2007, 5:54 AM
It's plugged in through a USB. I'm not sure about it being in the back of the sound card or into the motherboard. My CPU has USB ports in the front and that's just where I plug my stuff in. I guess motherboard.

I've installed the driver/software to run the Gamepad. Although, I haven't installed the latest version of the software as it erases my previous Gamepad settings. It's no big deal to reconfigure so maybe I'll just re-install with the latest version.
 urluckyday
04-07-2007, 9:05 PM
is the clicky noise coming from your speakers...or the game pad itself...i dont fully understand it.
 Byakko
04-08-2007, 3:01 AM
From my speakers.

Just imagine playing Psychonauts and there's the sound of the mouse clicking; but I'm not using it at all.

I've been thinking of this possibility. Despite that I'm using a gamepad, all the actions I'm making on it (with the analog stick, buttons etc.) is still being registered as keyboard and mouse presses by the computer. Hence, the equivalent clicking noise.

Other than that, I don't know.
 martmeister
04-08-2007, 6:05 PM
Maybe go into your mouse settings on game and disable (if you can). Turn off mouse sounds in your OS. Or you could try it w/o the gamepad.
 Byakko
04-08-2007, 11:33 PM
There is no way I can play Psychonauts w/o a gamepad. It's already tough platforming with it, and I really can't imagine how much harder it would become with a mouse and keyboard...

I think...I can live with it lol. Seems noone else has had this problem before. I guess its just my system.
 urluckyday
04-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Sorry man, without more info...it might just have to stay that way, but have fun with the game anyway!
Page: 1 of 1