Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Woe is me, or is it?

Page: 1 of 1
 Guybrush112
12-11-2000, 6:23 PM
There is a new game. It is called Alice. It is a game about the wonderful land of Wonderland. Alice in Wonderland is my favorite book. It made me laugh and ponder. I was soooo excited when I heard this. I thought they would make and adventure game out of it. Maybe you would pick up things and travel across distant lands. But then I heard it was an action game. I said, "How is that possible?" Upon Christamas shopping I picked up the cover. It hada picture of a scary, deranged Alice holding a meat clever standing next to a battered down evil looking chesire cat. With wide eyes I looked at every inch of the box. Apparently Alice's parents died in a fire and she spends years in an ***ylum. She then is a crazed little girl who comes back to Wonderland and kills everybody in sight. (The queen's tyrany has deformed the old chracters into pathetic beasts) The hatter is a worlock, the card deck is mean, the "twidddles" are no-eyed demons with boils on their skins. Then, I saw the worst of it. Alice standing over a bloody heap that was the catipiller. Alice had a somewhat satifactory grinn on her face. That night I dreamt. I thought it could be good. I thought maybe everything becomes good and happy at the end. Maybe...but if that is what people think of Lewis Caroll's greatest novel for generations to come, I will send nasty letters to American McGee for all eternity. However, it has come to my attention that someone got me that present for Christamas. Ever since then I have been as curous as I ever had been. I am now looking things up about the game. Please, give me a few, SERIOUS comments PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"You may have seen me in your nightmares. I'm THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!"
"Yipe."--Figurehead &
Guybrush
 Guybrush112
12-11-2000, 6:39 PM
PLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA***SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"Yipe."--Figurehead &
Guybrush
 Guybrush UK
12-11-2000, 6:52 PM
i think its meant to be based on Lewis Carrolls original perception of wonderland or sumin...

& Alice doesn't go crazy for any reason... its cos the queen has destroyed the land...

heres a review (http://www.gamespot.co.uk/pc.gamespot/action/alice_uk/review.html)

------------------
LUA Bar... Whats a LUA?
http://www.milegend.com/timmya.gif)
 Captain Smirk
12-11-2000, 6:57 PM
Isn't this the way he envisioned it? Not the Disney...oh, it's soooo cute way, but the LSD, holy s way?

And isn't this supposed to take place after 'Through the Looking Gl***?'

[This message has been edited by Captain Smirk (edited December 11, 2000).]
 FreakyBob
12-11-2000, 7:22 PM
You do the know that the original Alice in wonderland was a hello of a lot darker then (shudder) Disney!

------------------
"I Trust You About As Far As I Can Throw Manhattan!"
 Captain Smirk
12-11-2000, 7:26 PM
That's why it was such a good story...but, I guess what's "appropriate" for the kids.
 Rufio
12-11-2000, 9:32 PM
i purchased alice after reading the 9.4 ign gave it, it is amazing!!! the gfx are totally sweet, and the voice acting is incredible, and the whole darkness deal makes for a kickasin experience!!

however if u are fixated on the original way the story goes and have no openmindedness, this is not a game for you.

if u think its wicked to have a 13 year old girl hack away at the evil tyranical inhabitants of wonderland BUY IT!!!

------------------
(ё.·'``'·.ёё.·'`'·.ёё.,.,.ё.·'ґ`'·.ёё.·'ґ`'·.ё)
«ґЁ`·.ёё.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .ёё.·ґЁ`»
(`'·.ёё.·'ґ`'·.ё.·''ґ`'`'`'·.ёё.·'ґґ`'·.ёё.·'ґґ)

America was founded on three basic principles, Liberty, Equality and FRATERNITY PARTIES!!
 Guybrush112
12-12-2000, 3:07 PM
I have no problem with wonderland at all. I'm sure it is how he invisioned it. BUT, I have a problem with the derranged charecters and most of all Alice being in an a s sylum because she went crazy. She then resortes to violence. Lewis Carroll may I remind you liked little girls more than he should. He was affectionate towards Alice (in real life) and I don't think he would like to find Alice hacking away at the mock turtle. Plus: I HATE HATE HATE the disney version of Alice in Wonderland!

------------------
"Yipe."--Figurehead &
Guybrush
 Guybrush112
12-12-2000, 3:15 PM
However, I will purchase the game because I really want to see wonderland. I just don't like Alice killing people. I would prefer to have it a puzzle game with the same story but........Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhaaaaaww! I'm gonna catch me some mock turtles! Piggies! And Griffins n' such!! Te he he he ha ho ho heeee! But still, I'd like a puzzle game more than action. Yet....Woooooooohooooooooo!!! I'm gonna kill me a queen o' hearts! Yiiipiiiieeeeeee!!
 BobMonkey
12-12-2000, 6:39 PM
well im gonna get it cos i reckon that theres no better way to spend chrismas mornin than hacking various deformed creatures into small pieces. then i might play the game afterward. :>
 Guybrush UK
12-12-2000, 8:42 PM
Originally posted by BobMonkey:
various deformed creatures into small pieces.

look... just cos their bald & roasted, they are still turkeys http://www.escapemi.com/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
LUA Bar... Whats a LUA?
http://www.milegend.com/timmya.gif)
 Guybrush112
12-13-2000, 9:48 PM
I'm most likely to whack away at any RTS (real time strategy) that I may get. When I'm bored I'll hack at the Dutchess and then I'll swith to adventure games!

------------------
"Yipe."--Figurehead &
Guybrush
 BobMonkey
12-14-2000, 9:26 PM
Originally posted by Guybrush UK:
look... just cos their bald & roasted, they are still turkeys http://www.escapemi.com/forums/smile.gif)

u ever tried eating a turkey that isnt bald & roasted?? it aint easy i can tell you. oh and dont get me started on that whole stuffing lark. if that aint deformation i dont kno wot is...
 brief
12-18-2000, 4:58 PM
Oops, duplicate post... Couldn't delete. Moderators, feel free to delete this message.

------------------
http://www.capcorphq.com/friends/Dancing_Monkey.gif) Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

[This message has been edited by brief (edited December 18, 2000).]
 brief
12-18-2000, 5:00 PM
I've been playing Alice for a while now (pre-ordered it from Electronic Boutiques back in October, along with EMI), and I think it's a pretty good game.

Alice doesn't kill everyone in sight... only the ones who've gone bad due to the Red Queen's influence. For instance, in one of the levels, you're supposed to help turtle recover his shell... And the overall premise of the game is that Wonderland, for some strange reason, became out of whack, and it's up to Alice to restore order to Wonderland... So in the game, you will meet up with resistance as you try to find out what's happened to Wonderland.

Anyway, I think I'm about half way through the game, and it's been excellent so far. But then again, I sort of like these dark-themed games, so it might not be your cup of tea (especially if you don't want the mad hatter to try to slice you in half while drinking tea http://www.escapemi.com/forums/eek.gif) )...

------------------
http://www.capcorphq.com/friends/Dancing_Monkey.gif) Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
Page: 1 of 1