Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Good Evening, RD.

Page: 1 of 1
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-24-2007, 3:00 AM
Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the lulz and chortles of the everyday-ish routine of browsing RD- the faith that there will be comedy, the knowledge that there will be drama. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's banning or the end of some awful, unfunny thread, a celebration of the arrival of a member with an IQ above 80, I thought we could mark this March the 24th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking time out of out daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are those of course who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being hammered into keyboards, and men with b& hammers will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the Moderator Control Panel may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this forum, isn't there? Poor troll attempts, unfunny posters, the posting of horrid webcomics, the departure of many members. And where once you had the ability to make me grin, to post and IM in such a way as to make me lol, you now have AIDS and douchebag posters coercing your conformity to their unfunny ways and soliciting your complicity in the downfall of this forum. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know why you posted non-lulzworthy material. Boredom, less drama, greater resistance to trolls. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your posting and rob you of all lolz. Laziness got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now commonplace posting style, 13 year-old LJ drama queen. It promised you cheap laughs, it promised you a higher post count, and all it demanded in return was your drama-filled, noteworthy schtick. Thursday night I saught an end to that lack of lulz. Last night I went to bed at 9:30 PM EST, to remind myself of an evening activity I used to take pleasure in. More than 4 months ago a great group of posters wished to embed the spirit of RD forever in our memory. Their hope hope was to remind the forum that lulz, drama, trolling, and internet fights are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this forum remain unknown to you than I suggest you allow the 24th of March to pass unmarked. But, if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you seek what I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, logged on to LF, and together we shall give them a 24th of March that shall never, ever be forgot.
 Samuel Dravis
03-24-2007, 3:09 AM
Sir, I agree completely. There must be lulz, and there will be lulz.

However, I'll probably be sitting and not standing.
 itchythesamurai
03-24-2007, 3:09 AM
But I don't have the mental capacity to never, ever forget March 24th *and* November 5th!
 Davinq
03-24-2007, 3:12 AM
i'm the main target of your speech, aren't i jmac?
 Smon
03-24-2007, 3:13 AM
Laziness got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now commonplace posting style, 13 year-old LJ drama queen.
I have a feeling PsyGuy would sympathize. (http://www.fireball20xl.com/damn/?id=049)
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-24-2007, 3:16 AM
i'm the main target of your speech, aren't i jmac?
While you do suck on several levels, no. This is more of a general thing.
 Davinq
03-24-2007, 3:19 AM
I wish all speeches were in larger font like that, it's more likely that I will read more than the first and last sentence.

Which I almost did, since anything you post is derogatory itself, not funny or lulz, thereby making this post hypocritical.

This post also has the potential to offend some current forum users creating drama, which is also frowned upon in this post. More paradoxes!
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-24-2007, 3:28 AM
Uh-oh, internet analyst.

When backed into a corner and taking the internet seriously, the analyst will often scour their opponents' posts for grammatical imperfections, things that appear not to make sense, and spelling errors. The analyst is considered to be a class D interneter and should not be paid attention to.
 itchythesamurai
03-24-2007, 3:30 AM
More paradoxes!

More paradoxes, eh? Guess I'm helpless but to acquiesce. This one always instigates a chuckle on my behalf:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Schroedingerscat2.jpg)
 Davinq
03-24-2007, 3:35 AM
Uh-oh, internet analyst.

When backed into a corner and taking the internet seriously, the analyst will often scour their opponents' posts for grammatical imperfections, things that appear not to make sense, and spelling errors. The analyst is considered to be a class D interneter and should not be paid attention to.
Hypocracy doesn't apply here jmac. I did not, for example, mention that you spelled analyst wrong (which you didn't; hence example). I merely happened to notice that you are merely creating more of that which you seem to despise on these forums.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-24-2007, 3:38 AM
I rest my case. Care to apply more any more of your "logic"?
 itchythesamurai
03-24-2007, 4:03 AM
Choke on this logic, I'm about to prove Christianity to you through circular reasoning!

* The Bible tells me that faith in God is a good basis for forming beliefs.
* In general, what the Bible says is true.
* Therefore, faith in God is a good basis for forming beliefs.
 Samnmax221
03-24-2007, 1:33 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Schroedingerscat2.jpg)
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/schrodingerscat.jpg)
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/back/schrodingerscat.jpg)
Funny, my Physics Teacher had his Schrцdinger's Cat shirt on yesterday.
I'm the main target of your speech, aren't I jmac?
Fix'd, and yes, you suck.
 turtlefreak
03-24-2007, 3:13 PM
Jmac, you mean't people like me didn't you?
With the whole that bastard thread and all that sh!t huh?
soo sorry to bore you.
>_>
<_<
really
I am.
 Miss_Mayhem
03-24-2007, 3:30 PM
No you're not.

How much am I to blame, hm? Oh, and basically you want everyone to log on on the 24th at once so we can have I giant spamfest? Sounds fun.

But yeah, I kinda get what you mean, the forums are slowing down and there are definetly less lulz. We need more ;_; Ohh, can I your loyal apprentice, like Itchy, but better and more hygenic and no tendency to cause seizures whatsoever???
 Grey Master
03-24-2007, 3:55 PM
You are starting to sound like somebody I know jmac.

But you are right, Rd is dying.
 Davinq
03-24-2007, 4:00 PM
soo sorry to bore you.
>_>
<_<
really
I am.
Copyright infringement! I legally own the following smiley:

>_>

<_<

or just plain >_>

Your due punishment... your Location in your profile must say ''In Davinq's Palace'' for 3 days.

/sign
 itchythesamurai
03-24-2007, 4:02 PM
Ohh, can I your loyal apprentice, like Itchy, but better and more hygenic and no tendency to cause seizures whatsoever???

I am acutely incredulous to your claims of superior hygiene. Furthermore, I doubt you possess that certain sense of moral decadence required to carry out Jmac's bidding.
 Grey Master
03-24-2007, 4:05 PM
R9>jmac>itchy/Mayhem?

The balance has been broken, there must be only one apprentice at a time
 Davinq
03-24-2007, 4:07 PM
Only two, the Sith are. The master, and the apprentice.

I don't know my SW quotes by heart, so I don't give a damn if any one bothers to correct me.
 Grey Master
03-24-2007, 4:18 PM
You are correct Dav, good job.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-24-2007, 5:22 PM
soo sorry to bore you.
>_>
<_<
really
I am.
I demand the bolded portions never be posted again.
 Miss_Mayhem
03-24-2007, 5:28 PM
You didn't answer my question ... ohh, a found a penny! Be happy peoplez!!!
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-24-2007, 5:30 PM
Yeah kinda hard to answer questions when you don't read the thread they're in.
 Miss_Mayhem
03-24-2007, 5:47 PM
My first post, doi.
How much am I to blame, I dont suck as much as Dav, do I?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-24-2007, 6:01 PM
No wai.
 Miss_Mayhem
03-24-2007, 6:06 PM
Sweet. You're my 3d best friend now, toppling Lex.
 Ray Jones
03-24-2007, 7:28 PM
*fart*

*faaaarrrrrrrttt*

*fart-y-fart*

*fart-y-fart-yfartyfart-tyfart-fart-fartfart*

*faaarrrrt*

'Sup j?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-24-2007, 7:29 PM
Not too much man what's goin' on with you?
 Ray Jones
03-24-2007, 7:50 PM
Oh, err, not too much either, just took a screenshot of my desktop and my browser crashed during the upload. And yet, life goes on. Currently I think about lighting up one of those magic bananas. Dude. Hm.
 Poopdogjr
03-24-2007, 8:14 PM
Sorry I'm late to the party, but I brought CHEESE.
 Samnmax221
03-24-2007, 8:31 PM
Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus Anus
Fix'd again.
 Ray Jones
03-24-2007, 8:35 PM
Excellent. This means the time has come for a proper thread hijack!

*drops pants*

*runs around the thread*

*hits wall*
 milo
03-24-2007, 8:40 PM
Queefer!
 Psychochaos3
03-24-2007, 9:05 PM
I didn't have the attention span to read all of the first post.
 Samnmax221
03-24-2007, 9:07 PM
I didn't have the attention span to read all of the first post.
So you're an Asspie?
Page: 1 of 1