Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LOOM

Page: 1 of 1
 Blue_cheese
11-11-2000, 7:34 PM
Hello, I think a lot of you remember LOOM. I have not played it in a while but I seems to remember this being a wonderful game! Although it was LucasArts first adventure game, it was just as good as the MI series. I was wondering why they never continued the LOOM series as far as the MI? I don't even remember there being a sequel. Perhaps some of you may have an answer to this.
 Rufio
11-11-2000, 8:06 PM
i still have that game on a floppy disk!! man it was great, my first adventure gaming experience!!

if you recall, at the end **SPOILER for anyone who has not played this fine game and would like to**

you turn yourself into a swan and you fly away into space, as does your musical staff, i think that was a pretty definate ending, there would be some pretty interesting logic behind a sequal and it would be damn hard to transition to smothly, just my 2ў

-NFGboy

------------------
why buy her a diamond when SHE doesn't last forever, what a waste of 3 months salary!
 OzzieMcConnell
11-15-2000, 12:43 AM
Loom wasn't the first LucasFilm Games adventure, I think it was Manic Mansion.
 Rufio
11-15-2000, 3:37 AM
in order of release the first 5 LEC games were Maniac Mansion (1987), Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders (1988), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), Loom (1990), and The Secret of Monkey Island (1990).

------------------
(ё.·'``'·.ёё.·'`'·.ёё.,.,.ё.·'ґ`'·.ёё.·'ґ`'·.ё)
«ґЁ`·.ёё.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .ёё.·ґЁ`»
(`'·.ёё.·'ґ`'·.ё.·''ґ`'`'`'·.ёё.·'ґґ`'·.ёё.·'ґґ)

lets cancel school, what you dont know cant hurt you if nobody knows it either
 Blue_cheese
11-15-2000, 7:21 PM
Well then I apologize for my idiosity.
 Rufio
11-15-2000, 8:19 PM
hey i actually thought loom was the first also, but i was wrong too. hapens to the best of us, we are afterall just monkies

------------------

OzzieMcConnell
11-15-2000, 9:05 PM
For anyone that doesn't know if you want to checkout Lucas Arts 1st game Maniac Mansion. Grab a copy of the later released sequel "Day of the Tentacle". (Which I picked up yesterday on cd with Sam and Max for $20 [thats about $10 US])

In the professor's mansion in present day go upstairs to the top floor, enter the room on the right and use the computer. On their is the fully working original version of Maniac Mansion. Complete with PC speaker 80's rock! Worth a look anyway.
 ZeroXcape
11-15-2000, 9:43 PM
Loom was one of the best games LA ever made http://www.escapemi.com/forums/wink.gif)

------------------
ZeroXcape
EMI.com Webmaster
zeroxcape@escapemi.com
 Rufio
11-15-2000, 9:45 PM
i agree with that!! who needs fancy 3d gfx and surround sound. bring me back bobbin and his musical staff!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by newfoundgloryboy (edited November 15, 2000).]
 OzzieMcConnell
11-16-2000, 12:10 AM
I definately agree. I played Loom again not so long ago.
 Rufio
11-16-2000, 12:39 AM
heh, i just replayed it, took a good hour or so. i never get tired of turning the sheep green or raising that kid from the dead.

------------------

SexyNerd
11-21-2000, 11:46 PM
*sings* memories!
Wow I haven't played LOOM in a monkey's age!
Wish I could have seen more of Bobbin Threadbear.
I also loved Day of the Tentacle & Maniac
they were \m/
 mr show
12-06-2000, 8:21 AM
sam and max. whata bad *** game. was there ever a sequel to sam and max? or a triquel to maniac mansion? maniac mansion one was awful, if you ask me. i could never figure out how to get hardly anywhere in that game. it was too much like a sierra game. you'd get going somewhere, then you'd have to play as a kid you hadnt picked in the beginning. but day of the tentacle was GREAT.
 Rufio
12-07-2000, 2:20 AM
well known fact: u can play maniac mansion in DOTT from the wierd kids bedroom computer

little known fact: in the macintosh version u can also do it, however its more tricky to accomplish.

who knew that u could byp*** mac code and run dos programs through a 30 dollar avd game?

in the famous words of hogie, GROADY!

------------------

Wanted: one clever signature
 Ghost Pirate Le Chuck
12-07-2000, 12:37 PM
LOOM was one of those games I downloaded free a couple of months back. I didn't really like it. I thought it was a bit too weird, swans and stuff. Er...okay. I may try it again someday. Like, when I finish my degree and reacquainte myself with a LIFE.
 Monkey_Girl
12-07-2000, 9:13 PM
<sob> There's a good chance that I'll NEVER be able to play those! Why do *I* always miss everything?! WHY!? WHY?! WHY!?

------------------
Monkey_Girl
I am the queen of all monkeys! Bow down before me! BWAHAHAHAHA!!...I said bow!...Hey I'm serious!...BOW!...Stop that giggling!
Page: 1 of 1