Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mira's advice on men

Page: 1 of 1
 Nancy Allen``
03-16-2007, 8:37 PM
Now for something a little diffirent to politics and religion, in Sith Lords the Exile can ask Mira if she understands men, to which she replies "Sure, they're easy. That's why I dress like this. When they're looking down to check you out, you can usually crack them on the base of the skull, or deliver an uppercut that knocks them flat." She then offers this advice to the Exile and shares it with the Handmaiden and Visas as well. "When you want a man, you jab him with a Bothan Stunner, then when he's screaming in pain, slap some stun cuffs on him. Then starve him for two or three days until he becomes open to suggestion, then double-check his bounty and see if he's worth anything."

Your thoughts? I think it's great to have this tough woman who if she wants a man will just go out and get one, but I'm wondering about the implication of dressing in a way to attract attention, or maybe if her attitudes perhaps portray women in a way that's not quite how they are.
 SilentScope001
03-16-2007, 8:53 PM
"When you want a man, you jab him with a Bothan Stunner, then when he's screaming in pain, slap some stun cuffs on him. Then starve him for two or three days until he becomes open to suggestion, then double-check his bounty and see if he's worth anything."

If a male video game character said the same thing about how to gain a "date"...

He'd be arrested and tried by the media. And for good reason, what the man said was basically: "rape and mind contorl", both very unethical.

But...a female said it. So, everything's okay...right? Serial Killers does the exact same thing that Mira has suggested (kidnapping people, starving them to death to make them mindless sex slaves)...and their crimes are so horrible that no game should ever touch on them. So why in the world is is Mira tolerated and people laugh at her jokes? This same content I would expect in a GTA game...not in KOTOR.

...Yes, you can say I'm a bit annoyed at her. All her other comments are okay though. :)
 CountVerilucus
03-16-2007, 9:28 PM
So why in the world is is Mira tolerated and people laugh at her jokes?

Well if a good looking girl did that to me I wouldn't mind. :)
 JoeDoe 2.0
03-16-2007, 9:41 PM
Nowadays everything is superficial, not like before, when it mattered what a person was like, now everything is about looks.
 Jae Onasi
03-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Well, if you're a bounty hunter, you maximize your utilization of available resources. :D

If this takes a tack in a serious direction I'll keep it here, otherwise I'll move it to Ahto. :)
 Q
03-17-2007, 12:28 AM
I liked Mira, personally. I'm no fanboy, but I liked her. I found the lines that Nancy posted above quite humorous when I first heard them, but I took them with a grain of salt. Mira put on a tough exterior, but she was a teddy bear underneath.

I also liked that while she wasn't a romance option in TSL, it was pretty obvious that while she was shooting down the male Exile that it wasn't easy for her. From what she says, and how she says it, it was pretty obvious that she was attracted to the Exile, but I think that she was afraid to care about anyone, or at least to be caught caring about anyone.

She was a cool character.:)
Page: 1 of 1