Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DDO: Dungeons & Dragons Online

Page: 1 of 1
 ChAiNz.2da
03-09-2007, 4:00 PM
Yah, naysayer that I am.. and the "I'll never play a MMORPG".. I've found myself, (with what little time I've had), locked into the lands of Stormreach and loving every minute of it :D

I'm not sure whether I should thank RedHawke or throw something at him.. hehehe

I had to take a hiatus due to RL, but now that things are stabilized.. I've started playing again.. soooo...

Just wondering if anyone else plays it, their thoughts, what server, etc.

Skeptical of the 3.5 system (die-hard 2.0 fanboi here).. I have to say with what resources are available.. Turbine has done a decent job of bringing the PnP version to it's long awaited format, and bringing in bigger & better improvements as they make way past their 1st anniversary.

Color me impressed.. :)

Look me up if you play it.

Server: Aundair

Guild: Blood and Steel

Toons:
Paahketgz Dhartdajur - 8 Rogue / 4 Fighter
Minny Tingz - 2 Rogue / 3 Paladin / 5 Fighter
 Jae Onasi
03-09-2007, 4:28 PM
Well, having gotten thoroughly sucked into NWN2, and then started playing the PnP version with the family, I've seriously thought about doing something like this, but wondered if I'd actually have the time to put into it to make it worthwhile. :)

We're running through the 'Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde' campaign right now and having a good time. The combat is definitely different than I remember from my college AD&D days, but that's not necessarily a bad thing--just new rules to remember. My 9 year old saw an ad for GenCon and asked "Mom! Can we go?"
 Jediphile
03-09-2007, 4:54 PM
Bah. REAL D&D is only P&P and only 2e or before :D
 RedHawke
03-09-2007, 9:16 PM
Yah, naysayer that I am.. and the "I'll never play a MMORPG".. I've found myself, (with what little time I've had), locked into the lands of Stormreach and loving every minute of it :D
You and me both. All I can say to others is don't knock them until you have tried them.

I'm not sure whether I should thank RedHawke or throw something at him.. hehehe
I have a +5 heavy Mithril shield of Rotten Fruit Block now just for this event! :xp:

You are on my primary server ChAiNz... look me up when you are on some evening. :D

Server: Aundair

Guilds: Adventure, Inc. and The Paper Dolls

RedHawke Xa'Rann, Elf, 12 Cleric (1757 Total Favor)
GreyHawke Xa'Rann, Drow, 10 pally/2 Fighter (1178 Favor, dual Khopesh wielder)
BlackHawke Xa'Rann, Drow, 5 Fighter/2 Barb (Dual Khopesh wielder)
GreyHawkeI Stray Hand, Drow, 5 Rogue
RedHawkeI Integra, Human, 6 Fighter (Dual Bast. Sword wielder, currently storage will be reborn as 32 point build at some point)
RedHawkeII Xa'Rann, Elf, 4 Cleric/1 Pally (32 Point Build)
RedHawkea Von Napalm, Elf, 2 Mage (32 Point Build, may be scrapped for a Sorc I'm not too sure about the whole caster thing as of yet.)
Also have peeked into a couple other servers...

Server: Arenal

RedHawke Xa'Rann, Elf, 4 Cleric
Haven't caught BobLion54 on yet though. ;)

Server: Argonessen

RedHawke Integra, Human, 3 Fighter
Yeah I know I'm not real creative with names, but it is easier for me to keep things organised in my head.
 jamng
04-04-2007, 1:32 PM
I'll bite. Where do you go for more info? I noticed that there were server names and stuff, but how do I get there to poke around? :). Do I need software, etc?
 RedHawke
04-04-2007, 11:59 PM
I'll bite. Where do you go for more info? I noticed that there were server names and stuff, but how do I get there to poke around? :). Do I need software, etc?
Click here. ;) (http://www.ddo.com/)
 RedHawke
07-27-2007, 8:23 AM
Just an update on DDO, Turbine has given us little notice that they are merging the 14 current servers down to 5... some of us might not get to keep our characters names due to this merge. :(

My Cleric RedHawke and Pally GreyHawke are on shaky ground in this area... as there is one other GreyHawke and 2 other RedHawke's on the servers being merged, Reidra and Aundair are being merged with Kyber. So if mine are not older than the others and they are also being used as frequently as mine are, then I am SOL and will have to change my characters names. :mad:

Not to mention they are seemingly reducing the available character slots each account has...

This is a hotly debated issue atm...

This does not bode well for DDO... sadly.
Page: 1 of 1