Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need help adjusting mods

Page: 1 of 1
 Aratech06
02-09-2007, 7:51 PM
Sorry to bug you guys, but I'm new at this sort of thing, and I was hoping that you could help me. I'm trying to modify some UTI files that I recently downloaded for TSL, which changes the appearance of the Mandos to a more OT/PT look, as well as giving a nice weapons bonus. The problem is that I can't upgrade weapons like Boba Fetts rifle or Jango's westar pistols. Every time I try to make it to where they can, it won't save the file, and it give me the default settings for it. The same thing happens when I try to make it to where the armor doesn't restrict the use of Force powers.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Mod note: Moved from the KotorTool forum to Holowan since it's a more general modding question. ~M
 JC9542
02-10-2007, 2:05 AM
Blah I'm an idiot, just reread your post. I know there's an issue with KOTOR Tool and setting upgrade values. You actually have to set the upgrade level under body variation if I remember right. Or are you having problems saving the uti's at all? The force power restriction I have no clue about that, I'm pretty sure it can be done... at least I think I've seen mods that do it. Haven't tried it myself, but hopefully someone else can help with that.
 Aratech06
02-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Managed to get the Force Power restriction turned off, by changing the template to 'Jedi master robe'. Unfortunately, while I have finally been able to get the saved changes to take place (thanks for that), the armor now appears as a white jumpsuit and my character as a default male face. I think its connection to its textures got lost somewhere. Any idea how to hook em back up?
 JC9542
02-10-2007, 6:14 PM
That's probably not the best way of doing it. The game's now going to use the jedi master robes model and try and wrap the texture around it. So that's not going to work out right. I "think" you have to edit the force power restriction in baseitems.2da. Ok these two threads seem to have some info on it for TSL
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=125864)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144199)
Page: 1 of 1