Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Walk-up Animation

Page: 1 of 1
 MdKnightR
02-08-2007, 11:38 AM
I haven't been able to find this anywhere, but I know there has to be a way to do it. I am making a mod that will make Yuthura give you a lightsaber when you speak with her on Dantooine. What I can't figure out is how to make her approach the PC during the conversation when that script is triggered.

To be more specific about what I mean....In Uthar's excitement over your discovery of the sword of Ajunta Pall, he walks closer to you during the conversation. This is how I know its possible, but I can't seem to find how to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Just a side note, but I wondered if anyone knew this existed. When you go to view the contents of Uthar's dialogue and look specifically in the comments section dealing with the discovery of the sword, it says "the player has the real sword of Freedon Nadd." I found this quite odd. I don't recall hearing that name before I played TSL and I don't remember any storyline connecting him to Ajunta Pall.
 darthriddick
02-09-2007, 12:49 AM
well i can't answer anything about the anjunta pall thing, but i can answer the walk thing!
XD
in the DLG for Yuthura (whatever it may be.)
leave the first two DLG entry slots open.
(example)

the DLg should look like this

root
[CONTINUE]
[CONTINUE]
[OWNER]- custom DLG starts here.

that should make the npc walk towards you character.

hope that helped!
 MdKnightR
02-09-2007, 1:49 AM
i can answer the walk thing!
XD
in the DLG for Yuthura (whatever it may be.)
leave the first two DLG entry slots open.
(example)

the DLg should look like this

root
[CONTINUE]
[CONTINUE]
[OWNER]- custom DLG starts here.

that should make the npc walk towards you character.

hope that helped!

Thats sounds easy enough, but when I try to make 2 consecutive [CONTINUE] entries, it keeps pushing me to either have a PC reply or, if I don't input anything, it places an [END DIALOGUE] in its place. I am using KOTOR Tool, btw.
 darthriddick
02-09-2007, 2:09 AM
hmmm, one sec.

ok, so you have
root
then click add new. leave it blank.
click add new again. leave it blank.
click add new once more, and this time add you custom DLG.
make sure that the node you enter you cusom DLG into is called [OWNER]

see if it works.

if not add try to add two more [CONTINUE] entry's.
so that you have four
[CONTINUES] in a row, after the root menue.
then on the fith entry, enter your custom DLG.

i know there's a script that can do something like this.
if stoffe's around she might know.
~DR
 lactose_
02-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Sorry can't help with the scripting.. but I believe the Sith Ghost was supposed to be Freedon Nadd until the developers changed it.
 Darth InSidious
02-10-2007, 10:28 AM
@MDKnight: I believe you want your character to walk to a waypoint, using the walkways function...It requires a separate script.

I don't know much else about this,though, as I've never really investigated it...
 stoffe
02-12-2007, 4:05 PM
If you want an NPC to move closer when they give something to you during a dialog, you could use a "give" script like:

void main() {
object oPC = GetFirstPC();

ActionPauseConversation();
ActionForceMoveToObject(oPC, FALSE, 0.5, 10.0);
CreateItemOnObject("g_w_lghtsbr01", oPC, 1);
ActionResumeConversation();
}

This should make the NPC who owns the dialog it's run from approach the main character and give a lightsaber to them.
 MdKnightR
02-13-2007, 3:34 AM
Thanks, stoffe! It works great now! I even made it to where you get a small amount of lightside or darkside depending on which saber you choose. Now I just need to modify her appearance so that she is no longer wearing her Sith uniform when you meet her on Dantooine. When I get that done, I'll release this mod as a "booster pack" to WotOR, since that will have to be installed for it to work properly.
Page: 1 of 1