Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing appearance .

Page: 1 of 1
 darthriddick
02-04-2007, 10:37 PM
hey, i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to edit the basic appearance of people in KotOR 1?
i really want to change carth into a protocol droid but i can't remember how to edit the files, or even whitch files i'm supposed to edit. *bangs head into wal Very VERY hard* :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

i used to be able to do this sort of thing, but it's like i've forgotten everything! *sniff sniff. cry.*
 Hangout Hermit
02-05-2007, 2:01 AM
You will need to edit the .Uti file. Go to Kotor tool:

BIFs>Templates>Blueprint, Character> XxX

Change XxX with the template of the Character. For Carth it would be P_Carth.utc. When you find the template open it and scroll down appearance. You can substitute P_Carth for anything.

~Hh
 darthriddick
02-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Ahhhhhhh!
thanks man! your a life saver! ^_^
 Nynaeve_Onasi
02-06-2007, 2:39 PM
I had a quick question about reskinning characters. How do I do change the color of hair to black and keep the detail? I tried the mode called hue but that gives me a very grey color instead. I've read over the tutorials but none of them are about fixing up characters.

Hangout Hermit, thanks for the help, I'll get this modding thing yet.

Another question, though - I want to change the way the Light exsoskeleton looks but how do i find the template? I have the KOTOR tool program and have figured out how to extract items but where are the armors? And how do you know which one is the right one?
 Hangout Hermit
02-06-2007, 2:55 PM
The best thing i would suggest is either:

1)Lighten/Darken

2)Change to target. Target = Black

~HH
Page: 1 of 1