Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Lord of the Rings: Quest for the Nбrл Ondo (D&R)

Page: 1 of 1
 starmark2k
02-04-2007, 7:04 AM
The Lord of the Rings: Quest for the Nбrл Ondo

The Fellowship had began its Long journey to the dark Lands of Mordor to destroy the One Ring and finally defeat Sauron. With little hope of success the lord of Rivendell, Elrond, called the Council of Elrond once more to discuss an alternative route to defeat the Dark Power. They decided that although it is as equally unlikely to succeed they should search for the Nбrл Ondo (Fire Stone).

The Stone was forged by the Wizards in the Second Age to destroy the Armies of Evil, but before it could be used it was taken. For years It’s location remained a mystery but on the eve of Frodo’s journey to destroy the One Ring he, Elrond had a vision of another fellowship of Man, Elf and Dwarf going to Dol Guldur and Finding the Nбrл Ondo.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the RP you are apart of the Fellowship which will be going East to Mirkword to find the Nбrл Ondo, You can be from any of the good Man, Elf or Dwarf Lands. I’m not too worried about Cannon but try not to go too far off track and still keep within LOTR.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Char Sheet

Name:
Species:
Sex:
Weapons/Equipment:
Bio:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules- Rp forum rules are standard.
no killing PC without Permission
Limited char controlling only
Thread master controls all 'plot sensitive' Npcs
7 Day PC>NPC Absence Rule
1 PC Max Unless fewer than 5 people join then we’ll increase it to 2
Only one wizard, first come first serve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Towл son of Tofлan
Species: Elf
Sex: Male
Appearance: http:Picture (//uk.games-workshop.com/highelves/artwork/images/art05.jpg)
Weapons/Equipment: Long Spear, Sword Shield. Light Elven Armour.
Bio: A guardian of Rivendell he has protected the Elven settlement for many generation. He likes to keep himself to himself and doesn’t often talk to others unless it is necessary to do so with the Exception of his Dwarf friend Cygon.

Name: Cygon
Species: Dwarf
Appearance: Picture (http://uk.games-workshop.com/dwarfs/artwork/images/9b.jpg)
Weapons/Equipment: Spiked hammer, Small Throwing Axe, Dwarf armour.
Bio: Born and Raised in the mines of Moria, he left when he was old enough to explore middle earth for himself. Unlike most Dwarfs he doesn’t wasn’t gold or riches only the buzz he gets from Adventure. On his travels he once helped soldiers from Rivendell who were greatly outnumbered by a Hoard of Goblins. He managed to help the Elves defeat their attackers but in the last moments of battle he was badly injured. The Elves, Including Towл, took him back to Rivendell and healed him back to his former self. He Was accepted into the Elves inner circle and became an honorary member of their military. He made friends with Towл and has fought along his side in many battles.
 steven
02-04-2007, 7:17 AM
Hey Starmark, is it allright if I could be a summoner like in Final Fantasy 10 or would I have to be a wizard to be able to do stuff like that?
 starmark2k
02-04-2007, 7:24 AM
As i said in the Opening post keep to LotR Universe. So you'd need to be the Wizard.
 Jason Skywalker
02-04-2007, 7:53 AM
Name: Aheron Greyfell
Species: Human
Appearance: Here. (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/diogoalves_01/Oblivion/ScreenShot109.jpg)
Weapons/Equipment: Aheron has a dagger hidden on his boot, and he wields a sword. The hilt is of a beautiful gold colour. The guard has the shape of a dragon's head with the sword coming out. As the dragon's eye's is are a pair of black rubys. The blade itself, is made of pure silver which emmits a beautiful silver glow when in dark places. He calls it Greyfell in homage to his family's last name.
Bio: Aheron was born on the city of Gondor, to the average family that could sustain itself. His mother was the king's steward and his father was a soldier to the king's army. When Aheron was 15, him and his father found out his mother was being raped by the king ever since she was his steward. The three then tried to flee, successfully, but in the process, his parents died. About three horsed soldiers still pursued him. He got away with his father's sword. He made traps, to kill them. One fell on a hole and was shot down with arrows for falling in such a trick. Another stepped on a false rock that led to a dagger being thrown and stuck in his heart. Aheron snuck up, taking out the dagger and hiding it on his boot. He hooked the scabbard with his belt and took out the mighty sword, and cut down the soldier.

Aheron was then discovered by elves and proceeded living a simple live on Rivendell. He is now helping discovering the Nбrл Ondo.
 steven
02-04-2007, 8:01 AM
I'll think I'll stick with a simple footsolder

Name:Solidus
Species:Human
Sex:Male
Appearance:Click here (http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/32/180px-MarkHarmon.gif)
Weapons/Equipment:Short sword
Bio:Although Solidus gives the impression of being a simple villager, he was once a soldier in the miltary. He was an expered in melee combat, esipcally when it came to short swords or daggers. However he was forced to retire from the miltary when he was seriously injury during a goblin rade. He was nursed to health by an female elvve who had been the one who saved his life from the golbins when he was injured. The two soon fell inlove and had a children (twins). However most Solidus' wife time had been taken up as Saurman's ressurection and his armies attacking the humans. By this time the children had grown up and went to aid their mother. Leaving Solidus home alone. Even though the war is now over, Solidus' wife has rarely had the chance to return home, perhabs once or twice a month. He was grown tired of being stuck at home alone, so he didn't need to think twice when he was offered to assist on the quest.
 RaV™
02-04-2007, 12:40 PM
No evil men?
 starmark2k
02-04-2007, 1:21 PM
^^^^
You can be from any of the good Man, Elf or Dwarf Lands.

I hope that answers your question.
 Jedi Atomic
02-04-2007, 3:26 PM
I too, will be one of the common foot soldiers.

Char Sheet

Name: Art Jed
Appearance: Shaggy, dirty-blonde, dry hair; scar on face arcoss eye towards the bottom of nose; muscular strong, but doesn't show physically
Weapons/Equipment: Full Dwarven armor; Steel sword (family symbol engraved on handle); Steel Tower Shield(also family symbol in front of the shield)
Bio: Art grew up on a farm outside a village where he helped his father plant and cut the crops. He did that most of his life until traveling through town he noticed a message on the wall of the tavern saying about signing up for the military defeating the evil lurking across the mountains(I guess.). He reported to the officials and signed up. He made it home and his father stunned by his actions, gave him the family sword and shield, passed down generation to generation. He soon gained a few ranks and was to accompany the fellowship to find the Nбrл Ondo.
 Killwithhonor
02-04-2007, 6:06 PM
Ill be a ranger if thats ok

Name: Disil Loforion
Species: Elven
Appearance: Pic (http://www.shadowpool.com/images/races/elf.jpg)
Weapons/Equipment: Elven Longbow, Silver Short Sword, Dark Green Light Elven Armour with a Black Trim, Elven Longboots, and a Dark Green Hood.
Bio: Raised in Rivendell, Disil learned the ways of the bow and light armour of an Elf. He was at one point a loyal bodyguard of Elrond, he served him for many years until being reassigned to the militia. He trained younglings the best techniques that were to offer. Taking some time to explore the wilderness expanded his knowledge of the woods and his surroundings. He became adept with nature. He now is going to be assisting the Fellowship to find Nбrл Ondo.
 starmark2k
02-08-2007, 1:57 PM
I'll start this thing in a couple of days i the hope we get one or more people to join.
 Jedi Atomic
02-08-2007, 5:30 PM
Question - Where do we start? Anywhere? I'm assuming we start together since theres only one group heading towards the fire stone.
 starmark2k
02-09-2007, 7:36 AM
Id like us to be At Rivendell at the beginning put if you ant to do an intro Post that ends with you there that should be fine.
 starmark2k
02-10-2007, 7:56 AM
ok as we haven't got that many people you can create a second character if you wish to. I'll be starting the actual RP later on today so you have a chance to do so.
 Jason Skywalker
02-10-2007, 9:07 AM
Name: Alve Ugninttцrd
Sex: Female
Appearance: Alve has long blonde hair, like many Elves. She has stunning sapphire eyes and has the usual pointed elvish ears.
Weapons/Equipment: Alve is very skilled in magic, she uses spells of Light, Elemental spells and Healing spells and also has a few knowledge of Dark Magic. Alve wears an elvish shortsword on her waist and a blue-white robe.
Bio: Alve is young, even for an Elf. She has lived all her life on Rivendell, never having much excitement. She worked with magic on her early life, and is now an expert magician, working on getting the Nбrл Ondo.
 starmark2k
02-10-2007, 12:40 PM
I added a second character so we have at least one Dwarf and i started the RP here: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2265382#post2265382)
 Grace
02-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Starmark, do you mind if I join, though you've already started. If you ask me, this thread could use a 'mystery' character... and I do so love playing those :p

I'll start working on a char sheet and will probably post it tomorrow after I hear from you. :)
 starmark2k
02-11-2007, 2:51 AM
yes you can join.
 RaV™
02-11-2007, 3:20 PM
Starmark, may I have someone of Haradrim traits, but he was born into the elven faction of a father being an elf and the mother being of the East?
 starmark2k
02-11-2007, 3:22 PM
Starmark, may I have someone of Haradrim traits, but he was born into the elven faction of a father being an elf and the mother being of the East?

As long as he is a good guy that is perfectly fine.
 RaV™
02-11-2007, 3:23 PM
As long as he is a good guy that is perfectly fine.
He is, I am not exactly sure how it would work between and elf and a human, would the mix enable the immortality or will the character live a normal life?
 starmark2k
02-11-2007, 3:46 PM
Pretty much, although they know where the stone is.
 RaV™
02-11-2007, 4:30 PM
Name: Saladin
Species: Elf/Man
Appearance: Here (http://i16.tinypic.com/2i24p5y.jpg) (longer dreads)
Weapons/Equipment: Katana, Tang, and Wrist-daggers
Bio: Saladin was born from a father whom was an elf and a mother who was of the Haradrim. As soon as Saladin was born he was moved to Rivendell, The House of The Elves as a cautionary action due to the discrimination against anyone whom wasn't of Harad or Eastern descent. Saladin's luggage included a lush variety of weapons and armor, though a tome of The Black Speech was hidden amongst the equipment he carries. Saladin's father stayed with his child at Rivendell until he heard of the rumors that the tribes found out and proceeded to torture the mother of the child.

Now at the age of 20 and after extensive studies of The Black Speech and multiple other books of great history, he has grown to understand how Middle Earth has came to be. Saladin now rises to face something else than just the ring to rule all..
 Grace
02-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Name: Naerdiel (meaning: lady of sorrows)

Sex: Female

Appearance: long, intricately braided, dark brown hair, clear blue eyes, 5' 7" tall, slender. Naerdiel wears leather armor of Elvish design and is only ever seen in a dress while in Rivendell. The dresses she wears there are remarkably simple; short sleeved, floor length, and single colored. She has been seen wearing midnight blue, silvery-gray, and pale green dresses most often while in Rivendell.

Weapons/Equipment: She is an excellent archer and has an Elven bow and arrows strapped to her back. For closer range, she uses a single long knife and a single-hand sword, both of Elvish design.

Bio: Only a few know of Naerdiel's past, and only Elrond knows that her name was not given to her at birth. In fact, she went by another name until her entire family was killed, only two days after her twenty-fifth birthday. At that time, Elrond himself gave her the name Naerdiel, saying that, while she would grow beyond the loss of her family, that sorrow would torment her forever.

Naerdiel chose not to live in one place after the death of her family. For a hundred years, she traveled without settling. Gradually, her stays in the various places she visited grew longer, but she still would not set up a permanent home. The nearest thing she had to a home was Rivendell, for she always returned there, even if only for a few days at a time. As time went on, her stays at Rivendell slowly increased. Now, she is 937 years old and has just returned from five years away from Rivendell due to having been called back by Elrond.

In her life, Naerdiel has seen many things, a handful of which she will not talk about. She is typically serious and rarely smiles, though she does have a sense of humor. No one has ever heard her laugh, though many have tried. Her most typical response to a joke is a single raised eyebrow and occasionally a sarcastic comeback.
 starmark2k
02-12-2007, 3:46 PM
((I'll start as soon as everyone has arrived at the meeting place or on friday as we don't want to be waiting all day if someone has decided not to pursue this RP.))
 Dark_Lady
02-16-2007, 4:26 PM
Wait a minute, there's still no wizard? Can I be the wizard? And if I can, are there any specific character guidelines?
 Master_Archon
02-16-2007, 5:17 PM
I too wish to join, starmark2k, if that's okay with you, of course. (Don't worry D_L, not as a wizard. :whtsmile: )

I so very much love Lord Of The Rings....kinda funny I didn't ask to join sooner. :)
 Grey Master
02-16-2007, 6:23 PM
Hey M_A get back to the other RP!! (joking)

I will like to join too, as a human.

Name: Trysol ,son of Tryn
Appearance: Trysol has long brown hair, a short beard and pale blue eyes. He wears a brown robe with a hood, black boots, pauldrons and bracers, and chainmail armor under his robes.
Weapons/Equipment: Has a long sword, carries six sharp knives for throwing and a side knife for combat, like the one Aragorn had.
Bio: Trysol was the son of smith on Gondor, but decided that he didn't want to follow in his father's footsteps. He craved for adventure, so, he left Gondor at his 19th birthday, and has since worked as a mercenary. Lord Elrond has summoned him to help the fellowship, and Trysol has answered his call.
 Jason Skywalker
02-16-2007, 7:26 PM
I think i already got the Wizard character with Alve DL, i dunno. :xp:
 Dark_Lady
02-16-2007, 7:30 PM
Never mind, I see Jason has a wizard.
 Grace
02-16-2007, 8:10 PM
I'm not sure either of you quite understand the concept of an LOTR wizard. They are not just any old species. They are spirits, servants and followers of the gods, I believe. And as far as we know, only five were given physical forms... only three of these people are ever seen in the books; Gandalf, Saruman, and Radagast. The other two are said to have gone to the east and never heard from again.

However, I guess it's possible others were sent. And they don't have to have been given the forms of wise old men. So, I guess what I'm saying is that Alve is an Elf who knows some magic, not a wizard... and that the Istari (wizard) is still an open character.
 Dark_Lady
02-16-2007, 8:18 PM
Well, I know that (major LOTR fan here), but Starmark said he wasn't too concerned with canon, so I'm guessing Alve is the wizard. After all, he did say "one wizard," not "one Istari."
 Master_Archon
02-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, there is a definate difference in conception from a 'wizard', and the Istari, or Quenya (I think that's what they're called, not sure, it's been awhile. ;P ). A heavy weilder of magical abilities can be considered a wizard, but not an Istari, and it works the other way around too.

They are spirits, servants and followers of the gods, I believe.

Hm? I don't think they're spirits, they can die, both by physical and magical happenings...I remember something about them being an ancient race from the other land (can't think of the name of the land right now).

But don't mind me, I'm just rambling on about things I can't recall very well at the moment, so yadda yadda yadda.
 Grace
02-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Their physical body can die, yes. But the spirit inside is then either given a new form or it goes back home.

Another random fact that will in no way benefit the debate over if the wizard is taken or not: the Istari and the Balrogs were once the same type of being... the Balrogs followed Morgoth while the Istari remained true to Iluvatar.

And now back on subject, I guess Starmark has to drop in and decide if the wizard is taken (Alve) or not.
 starmark2k
02-17-2007, 3:28 AM
Ok all three, Dark_Lady, Maste_Archon, and GreyMaster can still join as we haven't beun the journey yet. However i'd have to ask you guys to say you were at the meeting all along.

On the Whole Wizard subject(that has gone off course a bit), I did consider Alve as the Wizard and although he isn't Technically a Wizard accoring to LOTR canon i did say i'm not concerned about strict enforcement of the Canon.

This being said despite being in her second decade we could say (WithJasons permission) Alve is still quite young and sheis still learning, perhaps an apprentice for D_L char(this needs to be decided between you two). If Jason want's the character to remain as it is and already experianced i'll do what i always seem to do (Using Age of reb as an example) and smash my own rule into pieces and allow a second wizard.

On another note i'd like to make a request of someone making a character(or second charater) that is a dwarf just to make things a little more interesting. but this is not essenital.

So to sum up Grey Master your character is fine, Dark_Lady you can be a Wizard and Master Archon you can join once a character is posted.

Also so you know there will be Three battles the first against Urak from Izanguard,the second from goblins and couple of trolls and lastly we get againts the defence at Dol Guldur which will be against all mannor of things.
 Jason Skywalker
02-17-2007, 6:30 AM
Hey, can't you join as Hobbits? :xp:
 Master_Archon
02-17-2007, 8:44 AM
Well, that's the thing starmark, I don't want to be a human, elves are fine, but I'd rather be something else, and I'll be a dwarf if my request for this character is denied.

I'd like to ask to be a goblin, he can be essential in the fact that he could be similar to Gollum/Smeagol to this RP's story, not exactly like Gollum, but he can be like the troubled hero/anti-hero fighting his own demons, or something along those lines.

He doesn't have to be in the meeting, which will be less hassle for you and me, and he doesn't have to come along around the time you fight the goblins, he could be found before hand.

Just thought I'd ask you instead of randomly creating him as a character, that way I can get permission, and you don't blow a major gasket. :)
 starmark2k
02-17-2007, 9:10 AM
OK But you'll need to have a good reason to why he'll Join and why none of the 'fellowship' will kill him.
 Master_Archon
02-17-2007, 9:29 AM
Well, he could be captured, so as to get info, or to use as a guide of some sort, there's a whole lot of reasons why he could be captured and not killed, we can work it out in the RP.

Besides, for whatever reason they capture him, then he would have an even better purpose, he could be forced to be a spy, or a scout, an assassin, their own personal 'tracker-dog'.

It doesnt matter why he's captured, it matters about what purpose he will pose within the group...just saying. :whtsmile:
 starmark2k
02-17-2007, 9:31 AM
Ok well post a Character sheet and then If no one has a problem with it you can use that character.
 Master_Archon
02-17-2007, 9:46 AM
Okay, thank you, I'll post my Character Sheet in a bit. :D

Okay, here it is:

Name: Ulft Moon-Eye
Species: Goblin
Appearance: No Helmet Appearance w/bow (http://www.lotr-online.de/cms/images/bestarium/Goblin_300.jpg)
Weapons/Equipment: Goblin Armor, (Helmet (http://www.kropserkel.com/Images/ohelm1m.jpg));) Goblin Sword (http://www.kropserkel.com/Images/moriasword1.jpg);) Goblin Bow w/Barbed Poison Arrows; Goblin Spear (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10274705/?qo=3&q=spear&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5);) Moccasins
Bio: One of the few goblins who's actually lived to the ripe age of twenty. He is strong, smart, and cunning, not to mention one of the 'Slipper-Footed', the goblins who excell in tracking, hunting, stealth, and quiet killing. He has survived in the harsh world of the goblins because of one thing, intelligence.

When younger, he was outside, around dusk, he was hunting game outside his clan's cave when he came across a farm, he was young, and stupid, and tried stealing some of the food in the farmer's celler, only to be found by the old farmer, and though the farmer was old, he was still capable, and pinned the goblin. But with many rambling words, he swore he would "pay back" as he said in his own words.

The old farmer having more compasion than normal folks, didn't call the guard, or kill him, but kept him around the farm for help. With two months gone by the goblin had learned much of farming, and had told his small clan what he learned, because most goblins didn't have the knowledge of cultivating land, because of living in caves most of their lives. But with this knowledge he tought his own folk how to do this, and his clan became the first known goblins to begin farming.

Many more months later, the farmer had become such a great teacher, that he even taught him things that most goblins didn't learn, and that most humans learned in school, and though a farmer's education was less than the average man, a farmer's education was more education than a small clan goblin would ever learn. And so he became, 'educated' learning how to read a little, right a little, and how to make intelligent decisions, instead of using instinct, along with very little math, and other subjects. He craves knowledge, and always asks to learn from others what they know.

He became more forethinking than other goblins normally did, and learned one great thing that he had burned into his heart; "just because something is born in darkness, doesn't mean it has to follow the path of darkness," is what the farmer would always tell him when he got sad, depressed, or angry, and it always moved him. But he knew that no common human, nor the sickeningly bright elves would ever except a creature of darkness, no matter how good it was. This always saddened him, knowing he would never be excepted by anyone other than his own kind...and the wise, old farmer.

But one day, after around a two and a half years of service to the farmer, something devastating happened. The self appointed 'Goblin King', came to his people's small, but now thriving clan. He forced Ulft's clan to join him, and burned down his people's farms, which had been doing well, considering goblin's were doing the job. He was forced into military service to the 'King', and he tried to warn the old farmer, before the advancing force got to the farm, but the farmer decided not to leave, he was tired and old, and knew that he'd be dead before the force got there. To Ulft's dismay, the farmer was right, and he died in his old chair, but it gave Ulft comfort to know the farmer wouldn't die in any horrendous way due to the goblin force.

After the goblins moved on, they were forced back into the mountains, and with that, he trained, fought, and survived in the dank mines of Moria, where he was slowly warped, and brain-washed by the constant struggle to survive, the darkness, and the ever constant fear of living under a firey master, and hatred for both the Goblin King, and man-kind, which he believed had forsaken the old farmer. But he always held on to two things, his better intelligence, and the the quote of the deceased farmer, both helped him become one of the best goblin warriors, the stealthiest, the most cunning, the strongest. His hatred for Gorkil is strong, and he would almost indefinately fight against him if he had the ability to, though for the moment, he can't do anything.

With his skill, the Goblin King sent him to scout around the Gap of Rohan, and eventually was garrisoned in Orthanc. He tracks for Uruks now, and is used in almost all areas, even in open combat in some occasions. But for the moment, he's been sent by both Sarumon, and Gorkil to scout around Rivendell, and though he hasn't come anywhere near it, he is within the immediate visinity, and is to report any movement of the elves to the Uruk captain, though, he is the best scout, he's not the only one, the Uruks don't want to be left unknowing of the elve's movements incase he's killed.

He's the only scout however, who's avoided elven detection so close to Rivendell, and is the closest scout to Rivendell, which is impressive even for a goblin.

((Okay, got my character in, hope he's okay! :D ))
 starmark2k
03-04-2007, 4:35 AM
OK guys i know i've been AWOL for over a week but I'd expected someone else to have posted somthing in the RP. I'd prefer to continue so if someone could tell me why no one is posting and give me the chance to fix it it would be much appreciated.
 Jedi Atomic
03-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I'll continue, I'm wondering why nobody continues these.
 Master_Archon
03-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Well I posted my first post quite awhile ago, so I can't really say anything on the matter, though I would enjoy to continue, seeing as I barely even got to start.
Page: 1 of 1