Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1] Rukil's Apprence Corpse Advice

Page: 1 of 1
 Cryptobionika
02-03-2007, 12:13 AM
I've been trying to change the appearance of Rukil's apprentice (he mentions she's a woman, but we find a man's corpse!) and I edited appearance in "tar04_appcorpse.utp" file. No change in game. Packed in .mod file (does K1 support .mod?). No change. passed from the previous module to this (sometimes you need to "spawn/appear" before the scene takes place or it won't be overwritten). No change. Whateever I do (I currently change the appearance from "CheewedCorpse Human Comon" to unisex "GenCorpse"), nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: "tar04_appcorpse.utp" is located in "tar_m04aa_s.rim". That's quite obvious anyway.
 stoffe
02-03-2007, 12:23 AM
I've been trying to change the appearance of Rukil's apprentice (he mentions she's a woman, but we find a man's corpse!) and I edited appearance in "tar04_appcorpse.utp" file. No change in game. Packed in .mod file (does K1 support .mod?). No change.

Note: "tar04_appcorpse.utp" is located in "tar_m04aa_s.rim". That's quite obvious anyway.

Make sure you use a savegame where you haven't been in the area where the corpse is found before testing. Once an area has been loaded the template files (UT*) are ignored and the instance data for all world objects is kept in the savegame GIT files for each area instead.

KotOR1 should support both MOD and RIM files for keeping module data. If you repackage it as a MOD for whatever reason keep in mind that you'll need to export all the module data and put in your new MOD file, not just the files you've modified. So it's usually easier to just modify the RIM files directly to avoid having to repackage and redistribute everything, IMO. (Though in the case of just a few uniquely named files you might as well put them in the override folder.)
 Master Zionosis
02-03-2007, 12:32 AM
(Though in the case of just a few uniquely named files you might as well put them in the override folder.)

I should of told Cryptobionika this in the PM's we've been sending, lol.

You know this little comment seems pointless, so, sorry stoffe :)
 Cryptobionika
02-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Nothing is pointless, thing is - I know all this and I've done all this. I haven't been in this area module before, the file is unique, so no need to pack in .mod, yeah. I know that. I load game from Lower City, go to Undercity and still the same picture.

By the way, master zionosis, I updated both fixes of mine (patch and redemption fix) so now they use .mod instead of .erf, thanks for the hint.
 Master Zionosis
02-03-2007, 12:48 AM
By the way, master zionosis, I updated both fixes of mine (patch and redemption fix) so now they use .mod instead of .erf, thanks for the hint.

No problem, always happy to help, after all that is why we're all here, lol.
Page: 1 of 1