Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dreamfall: The longest Journey

Page: 1 of 1
 Poopdogjr
01-29-2007, 9:05 PM
Dreamfall: The longest Journey is a kickass game that everyone here should play. If you like Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil, I think you would like this game. I just finished it today. I was totally hooked on it. It's an 3rd person adventure game that has one of the most engrossing storylines I've ever seen in a game. And some of the best voice acting too. It's sort of slow paced, and the combat is kinda crappy, but seriously the game is incredibly enjoyable and I loved it.

I know some of you have x-box's. Darth, Halo, and Zelda I think. That's what I played it on. It's also on the PC but I think you sort of need a fancy comp to play it. Regardless if you guys see this game give it a chance. It won't dissapoint. Games like this Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, and others are overlooked gems that kick so much bootay.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
01-29-2007, 9:58 PM
I was mulling over getting this game over Steam a while back... the demo refused to work on my computer so I opted for SiN instead. What's the combat system, etc like?
 martmeister
01-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Looks like a fun game. I like the ability to change perspectives or choose your path (etc, etc). I think most games still have a main mission that your character has to do regardless of allegiances.

It would've been really weird and probably not fitting for Psychonauts (as well as bumping the rating to M) if it had allowed you to become evil. Solve their problems or have them drift further in madness, stop the brain-thieving or join to take over the world, dwelve into a troubled mind for answers or "convince" them to do your bidding...
 Poopdogjr
02-01-2007, 5:35 PM
I keep hearing that the demo wasn't too hot. I have a crappy computer though and it could never even dream of running the game unfortaunately. All the screen shots and videos that I see of the PC version are absolutely beautiful. The xbox version looks alright but not as good as the PC. But who cares, screw PC's.

There really is only one path to take on the game. There's no like alternative routes or different endings to get. You can change up what people say in conversations for different information and stuff at times but thats about it. You can't become evil or anything. You can be an ass during converstions if you want.

The storyline is left open for alot of interpation and theories, maybe that might intrest you too.

As it stands for this current game generation Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, Dreamfall, Metal arms, and Halo 1/2, are my top games at the moment. This list might change if I think about it more. But these guys stand out at the moment.
 DarthAve
02-01-2007, 5:41 PM
Sounds interesting. Too bad I'm flat broke right now. DD:
 elTee
02-01-2007, 5:48 PM
Dreamfall is considerably better than Psychonauts.
 Poopdogjr
02-01-2007, 5:54 PM
I dunno about that. I like both games. But I would have to give the edge to Psychonauts because of the humor, art, and the fact that it's a platformer and I love me some platforms. But it is close.
 Samuel Dravis
02-14-2007, 5:50 PM
I am resurrecting this thread because I thought Dreamfall was great too. The "combat system" was MEH though. It would have been fine to just leave out.
 Poopdogjr
02-15-2007, 7:14 PM
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
 DarthAve
02-15-2007, 9:14 PM
I have money now! :D I should rent it somewhere.

I'm against buying games i've never played, no matter how amazing the reviews.
 Davinq
02-15-2007, 9:28 PM
I have's a good computer, me's buys it soons. :D
 Poopdogjr
02-17-2007, 6:05 PM
I'm sort of the same way about games. People's opinions vary alot, it's usually best to see for yourself if you like something or not.
 Poopdogjr
03-02-2007, 3:37 AM
http://forums.longestjourney.com/showthread.php?t=5235)

WORD UP!!!! Okay one kickass game getting some sequels. Next up Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil. If that happens, I will believe that the world is a good place again.
 Samuel Dravis
03-02-2007, 12:58 PM
YAY! Thank you poopy!
I am now happy. I wonder when they will release stuff, but I'm mostly just glad they're going to actually do it.
 TechnoTabby
03-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Sounds like an awesome game.Yay I have a 360 so I can play .........if my brother lets me.
 martmeister
03-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Tabby, just wave your hand and say, "You WILL give me your X-Box 360."
 Poopdogjr
03-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Yea I played it on the 360 too. Just dont expect awesome graphics. They're ok but kinda jaggy. Everything else super A+ numba 1 fine.
 TechnoTabby
03-03-2007, 12:21 AM
As long as everything else is awesome its fine with me.
 Poopdogjr
05-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Go play this. Stop reading now. Go play. Are you still reading? What the hell. stop. Stop reading rigggght now. Did you stop? Jerk.

Avacados.
Page: 1 of 1