Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GF Music Video

Page: 1 of 1
 VampireNaomi
01-27-2007, 12:05 PM
I just saw that someone has made this great GF music video at YouTube. Check it out! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkWYqOX09Yg) I love the bit with "Beauty, talent, fame, money!" It fits so well.
 King Dando
01-27-2007, 12:44 PM
That is one awesome video. It's just made me want to play through the game again :)
 Sallim
01-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the link Naomi! Made my day :D
 Sallim
01-29-2007, 4:34 PM
Did someone check on the band of the musicvideo?
They call themselves "SquirrelNutZippers" and as far as I hear its sound really amazing, reminds me often of GrimE!

you have to check them out
bai
 VampireNaomi
02-04-2007, 2:29 AM
Wow, Sallim! You're right! What an amazing band! They just got a new fan right here. I'm going to go and see if they've got any albums available.

... and what do you know, they do.
 Klia
02-04-2007, 9:22 PM
They're style has that same quirky, yet still very true to its ethnic roots, feel that Grim Fandango has.

Great find!
 shadow_judge
02-07-2007, 5:27 AM
Did you guys listen to "Key Largo" of Bertie Higgins? It makes me remember a lot about GF, mostly of the 2nd year. Grap the song now! It was sure great!
 stewlil
02-15-2007, 5:48 AM
Its as if the song was made for the game eh?
 VampireNaomi
02-15-2007, 11:40 AM
I bought one of the band's albums today, only to discover that it won't play in my computer, and I'm not buying a CD player for this. If I wasn't having an otherwise good week, I'd be pretty pissed off.
 I say, I say
02-25-2007, 2:20 PM
The song and the style fit Grim Fandango perfectly, it really is as stewlil said 'made for the game'. I would also be interested in listening to their other songs.
 shadow_judge
02-28-2007, 11:38 AM
The song and the style fit Grim Fandango perfectly, it really is as stewlil said 'made for the game'. I would also be interested in listening to their other songs.

See? :D 'twas a very good song for GF. Why don't we make a GF music video with this song? :D SOund a little crazy, but, it better being told than keep it for myself!

I tried Casablanca of Bertie Higgins, very good song, but I found it not "fit" to GF. Fit for the movie of the same name, perfectly (i only saw this movie once, from 1/3 of the movie to the near-end :(( )
 Rubacava
03-04-2007, 6:56 PM
Ohmygosh! I'm so excited. I'm the person who made this video, I think there's another thread here on this forum where I was talking about how much that song reminded me of Grim Fandango. I put that video up a while ago, and then just today thought "hmmm I wonder if anyone's watched it", and saw that people had commented and such. I then came here and saw this... thank you so much for your kind comments everyone :D

As for Squirrel Nut Zippers, I love them and have listened to them since I was little. Another of my favorite songs of theirs is "My Evergreen", you should give it a listen. It's very sweet.

I did make a second version of the music video that's similar but a bit different, but I haven't put it up on youtube. I'm so glad to see that people liked it!
 VampireNaomi
03-05-2007, 2:53 AM
You made it? Wow, what a small world this is! :D Thanks for making it and for introducing us to the band. I finally got the CD working, and "Ghost of Stephen Foster" has found a special place in my heart.

Anyway, great work!
 shadow_judge
03-09-2007, 11:26 AM
How about another one with Key largo? ^^ The background is in the Blue Casket... nah, for the most perfect, we have to CG Manny to be the singer... just an idea
 stewlil
03-11-2007, 3:36 PM
How about another one with Key largo? ^^ The background is in the Blue Casket... nah, for the most perfect, we have to CG Manny to be the singer... just an idea
Not a bad idea actually, just for a little forum project. Anyone know advanced programming skills?
 shadow_judge
03-17-2007, 5:59 AM
Programming skill? How about we capture pictures or capture video of Blue Casket and let Grim standing there and sing?
 stewlil
03-20-2007, 2:49 PM
yeh the easy way! anyone have captivate or the likes?
 Du Man
03-31-2007, 4:13 PM
bravo!
 Rubacava
02-08-2009, 5:40 PM
Well it looks like Warner Music Group took away the actual music portion of my video so now it is muted... a little silly, as I've gotten countless messages from people saying that I've introduced them to the band for the first time, they love them, and they've gone out to buy their CDs. Ah well though, what can you do! I may look for another place to put the video, but until then... just imagine that Hell by Squirrel Nut Zippers is there?
 Du Man
02-08-2009, 9:31 PM
my mind can't help but play that song every time I watch your video! However I'm surprised youtube is now just muting videos instead of taking the whole thing down. Maybe you could email the band to request associating their music with the game through your video?
 Rubacava
02-09-2009, 9:33 PM
Nah, I guess they're known for even taking down the videos that the artists themselves are putting up. XD Probably would not win whatever argument I put up! And it is their property I suppose, so oh well!

Imaginations, it is.
 Mr.Reaper
02-23-2009, 8:08 AM
put it up again! ;D
 Du Man
02-24-2009, 2:35 PM
Rubacava, why don't you just make a new vid? May I suggest using Delta Spirit's "People, Cmon" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN_OFYIfM94&feature=channel_page)?)
 Mr.Reaper
02-26-2009, 8:37 AM
i never seen the first one :(
Page: 1 of 1