Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[RP Thread] STAR WARS: Era of Darkness

Page: 1 of 3
 Dark_Lady
01-25-2007, 5:26 PM
To join or discuss this RP, go here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=175003).

STAR WARS: ERA OF DARKNESS
4000 BBY

Jedi Master Sidrona Diath has just been
elected Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic
Republic. While the galaxy is still threatened
by several bands of rogue Sith, it is a
relatively peaceful time.

Exactly eleven months before, the planet
Jaru'un was reduced into little more than
space dust. While many of the Republic's
leading scientists have investigated the
phenomenon, there are many theories about
what caused the incident, ranging from
unusual elements in the core, to an unknown
type of space storm.

However, one week after his instatement as
Chancellor, Master Diath received a message...

Chancellor Diath sat tapping his fingers on the arm of his chair, nervously eyeing the pyramidal gem that lay on the table. They had presented it to him, saying it was a simple diplomatic gift from one of the outer planets. They didn't know any better. It was engraved and cut perfectly, a true work of art, but its beauty was twisted and corrupted by the darkness he could feel pulsing within it.

The holocron was small, and contained only one piece of information, a message, brief and to the point. Though he understood it perfectly the first time, he had watched it again and again, until it had burnt itself permanently into his memory. Even though it was no longer activated, he could still hear the cold voice repeating over and over.

"You have exactly one month to acquiesce..."

Still unsure of what to do faced with the situation, he had called several of the Jedi over, ostensibly so they could talk about "old times," but really because there was a pressing need for discussion. After all, having a few friends over for a conversation was one thing, but calling the entire Jedi Council would be highly suspicious. And he couldn't afford panic.

He sighed. Only a week since I officially began this job, and I'm already acting just like the rest of the politicians. But deception was justified in this case. At least, he believed it was. There were some things it was best not to let out in the open.
 Rexraptor2000
01-25-2007, 5:52 PM
Kharel hated this place that they called Coruscant. He hated the air, the backstabbing Senators, the gangs, and everything else. Why was he here? Oh yes, now he remembered. He needed to... kill a Hutt who had gone a bit too far for his own good. Yeah, that's right. That's why he was in a mini-palace on the world of Coruscant, miserable. Stupid Hutt.

He sighed, and stepped out onto the floor in front of the Hutt. After some laughter referring to him as ugly and such died down, the stupid Hutt asked "What do you bring from my partner?"

Kharel then leaped at the Hutt, stabbing him once, and then making to get the hell out of there. The Hutt let out a cry of pain and disintegrated, only dust in a few seconds. He felt a few bolts hit his body, but the armored parts of his body were made from the same material as his staff, making him very resistant against energy.
 Grace
01-25-2007, 6:16 PM
None of the senators knew who she was; only the Chancellor had that privilege, and due to her superficially ditsy act, none of the senators and very few beings at all would truly know who Katya truly was. She was disguised, as was usual for her visits to public places and glanced in a mirror-like pillar to remember exactly which disguise she'd put on. Blonde hair, spiky and short with pink eyes. Katya hated the color pink, but it went well for what she was doing.

"Be a doll and tell Super Chance that Merideth Haver is on her way up to... ooph!" she began, seeing a guard nearby. However, she seemed to get tripped up on her own feet and dropped to the floor like a rock. Hastily recovering, she staggered forward. "Merideth Haver, up to Mr... um..." She frowned, wrinkling her nose slightly as if thinking about this very hard. Then, her face lit up. "Oh! Diath! That's his name. Let him know I'm here, will you?"

The guard nodded and communicated her message to Chancellor Diath. After a moment, he frowned, puzzled. "You're cleared to go up," he said, his confusion clear in his voice. He stepped aside, allowing her into the lift. As soon as the doors closed, Katya breathed a sigh of relief. As much as she hated coming to her employers disguised so their guards and guests would not know her, she knew it was worth the effort. The name, Katya was well known, as were the countless 'associates' she sent to retrieve her job descriptions. But nobody had ever seen the real Katya.

And nobody ever would... nobody she didn't want to anyway. The Chancellor had only seen her once, stripped of all disguise. Katya despised that one failure, but the Chancellor had promised to keep her secret, so long as she would not intentionally harm the Republic. She had kept her promise.

The doors slid open and Katya approached the desk behind which the Chancellor sat.

"Heya, Chancellor Diath!" she greeted cheerfully. "My name is Merideth Haver. I'm Katya's associate. You recall the rules for these meetings don't you?"

According to a set of strict guidelines set up by Katya, the guards would be sent out of the room and all listening devices would be turned off. Any devices that weren't turned off would be destroyed.
 Dark_Lady
01-25-2007, 6:25 PM
"Of course," Diath said with a slight smile. There weren't any guards in the room at the moment. As trustworthy as they were, they still might let something slip. And he would never ask anyone to lie for him. "If you can find any listening devices that I missed, feel free to slash, smash, disintegrate, and otherwise obliterate them from existence."
 Master_Archon
01-25-2007, 6:38 PM
Shuji waited, the girl's sudden entrance had spurred the perfect moment, but he'd have to wait, normally conversations like this were extremely private. He could use the lack of camera's and listening devices to reveal himself.

The only problem was the girl, she was a liability he'd have to take. But...something didn't feel right with her, she was different, he saw it, but it was purposefully masked, and masked well. He saw....a facade, yet, he was unsure...it didn't matter.

Then it was time, Shuji slid out from the shadows behind Diath, he grunted. "You need to hire better security Diath," he said in his quiet, low, menacing, and drawling voice. He had one of his blades at the Chancellor's throut, the other pointed at the girl, "don't say anything, don't even twitch." He said to the girl.

Shuji slowly slid the blade away from the Diath's throut, "my, my, you've lost your touch. Being a politic has lessened you," he said mockingly. He still kept his blades out, he had the feeling the girl wasn't the ditsy type who couldn't hold a blaster worth a hoot.
 Grace
01-25-2007, 6:41 PM
The intruder's actions took Katya by surprise momentarily. Internally, she scolded herself for being unaware of the intruder before he could make himself obvious. After all, wasn't that a proper use of telepathy? She frowned at the stranger.

"Don't move a muscle?" she asked him. The ditsy tone she'd used when pretending to be Merideth Haver was gone, replaced by an icy edge of displeasure and deadliness. "I'm sorry, but you interrupted business. Forgive me if I'm more than a little displeased at this. If you don't take your weapon away from Diath's neck, I'll do it for you..."

Angling her head to one side, she added, "And keep in mind, I can do so without moving a muscle... therefore still obeying your terms."
 Dark_Lady
01-25-2007, 6:44 PM
((Wait, M_A, you're not here. :xp: Not yet. Oh, come on, Grace is editing? You do realize that Diath would have checked everywhere before looking at the holocron, right? There's no way you could have sneaked in.))
 Grace
01-25-2007, 6:50 PM
(('s ok, Dark_Lady. I think it's more interesting this way :p ))
 Master_Archon
01-25-2007, 6:51 PM
((My Character's not in there for the holocron....Er?....I'm confused!? My character got in there after you looked at the holocron, which may have only been seconds afterwards.....argh, so confusalated!))
 Dark_Lady
01-25-2007, 6:55 PM
(( Well, I was thinking along the lines of... When he was going to look at the holocron, he made sure nobody was in and locked everything up. He only opened the door for Grace. So how you got in, I have no idea. But, we can continue if everyone doesn't mind a slight story glitch. :xp: ))

"Maybe I am losing my touch," he said. "Or maybe I just know you're not actually here to kill me." He grimaced a little at being called a politician. Shuji said the word as though it was some kind of insult. But he was doing what he thought was right, and he wasn't about to stop just because he was uncomfortable or a few people disapproved. "And how have you been?"
 Master_Archon
01-25-2007, 7:18 PM
Shuji stood still, the girl's threats didn't carry with him, his mind was a dead thing, a coffin of emotionless thoughts, fear, disturbance, anything that could be related to the reaction most would get from the girl's threats, were absent.

Shuji, however, remained, arms akimbo, blades in hands, stock still, he had a code of courtesy, and honor. She had remained still, he wouldn't move, much, because she hadn't kept quiet like he asked.

The Chancellor responded to Shuji, and he perked his head in his direction. "Hm, I've been better....need to hire someone, someone capable, but someone without a presence in the force....got...stuff, I need done," he said as he glanced at the girl.

Shuji pointed with one of his swords at the girl, but he kept his eyes on Diath, "you seem to have those contacts, now that you're Chancellor." Shuji smiled in his mind as the Chancellor grimaced from the comment he made about being a politician. "Don't worry, I understand your no politician...but our past suggests I should be...angered, at you....for....what....." Shuji twitched visibly, almost violently, as the thoughts of his, 'expulsion' passed through his mind, but he quickly hid them.

Shuji lowered the blade, and looked at the girl, "and...who are you?" He asked skeptically.
 Grace
01-25-2007, 7:23 PM
Katya's eyes narrowed slightly as Shuji asked who she was. Still determined to keep her true identity secret for the moment, she said, "I'm sure you've heard of Katya. I am a business associate of hers. Chancellor Diath requested a job from Katya. I am here to oversee the funds transfer and to hand over required information." Arching a single, thin eyebrow, she said, "And who might you be?"
 Master_Archon
01-25-2007, 7:51 PM
Shuji cocked his head at the girl, he knew for sure she was portraying a facade. 'One touch, just one, that's all I need,' he thought deep in his mind. He sheathed one of his blades, waving his hand around nonchalantly, "I am Shuji Zhong Jed....uh...former, Jedi Knight," he said to her.

He began walking towards her slowly, and nonchalantly, he chuckled, "I think I'd like to meet Katya, she'd be perfect for the job I have." He said this, coming ever closer, waving his hand around as if swatting a fly away, his voice cheery, or as cheery as his voice could sound.
 Grace
01-25-2007, 8:04 PM
Thinks he's clever, does he? Katya thought to herself. She smiled and nodded at his chatter, catching the faintest wisp of his thoughts and understanding what he intended to do. She stood, grasping his hand in a firm handshake. But if he'd been hoping to glean information concerning the woman standing before him through the touch, his hopes were shattered.

Katya's mind betrayed nothing of her identity. Only surface thoughts could be reached; the temperature of his hand, the importance of the business she was here for, and other useless bits of information such as that. Beyond that, he ran into what felt like a brick wall, a mental barrier. Not created by the Force, for it was clear even from surface thoughts that this woman was not Force sensitive, the barrier was a genuine physical barrier within her mind. Nothing would penetrate it if she didn't want it penetrated.

"If given the details of a job, she might be willing to consider it," she said, smiling sweetly. "But if you don't mind, I have some business to complete with the Chancellor before I consult with you concerning Katya."
 Dark_Lady
01-25-2007, 8:14 PM
"Look, the Chancellor already has a visitor," the guard said. "Some ditz-brained chick with pink eyes."

"And I'm certain he won't mind seeing the two of us as well," Narthen replied. "I really must insist you inform him of our arrival." Ditz-brained chick with pink eyes? Who in the galaxy could that be?

"Well, alright then," the guard said. "I doubt she had anything important to say. Coming to congratulate him on his election?"

"Yes," Narthen replied shortly. "Now, if you don't mind..." The guard turned and began talking over the comm system. I wonder why he called for us, Narthen wondered. We weren't especially good friends or anything, after all. But whatever. He would see him, tell him congratulations, although he personally wouldn't have touched that job with a three-meter pole, and if he had something important to say, he would listen. If not, well, he could take it as a vacation.

"Alright, you can go," the guard said. Narthen stepped into the lift. Time to see what happened when a Jedi Master became Chancellor. It would be interesting if nothing else.

----------

"Someone else is here to see you," the guards voice came over the comm system. Most likely Narthen, Diath thought. He always had a tendency to arrive a little early. "Says he's Jedi Master Severus, an old friend. And his Padawan's here, too."

""Sorry, I'm going to turn on a listening device," Diath said with a smile, flipping the switch on the comm system. "Alright, let them in." That was one of the annoying things about being Chancellor, you couldn't talk to almost anyone without people knowing about it. Then again, you could also keep most of the annoying ones away. He switched the comm system back off.

"Sorry about the rapidly growing crowd of people," he said to Katya.
 Grace
01-25-2007, 8:55 PM
A flicker of annoyance entered Katya's eyes, but then she nodded curtly. "I'll delay the completion of our business," she said. "If you don't mind my hanging around, that is..."
 CountVerilucus
01-25-2007, 9:23 PM
"That'll be fifty thousand, hard currency." Jaran did not know what gang these men were part of, or what they were going to use the spice for, he just wanted to get paid.

This was the first smuggling operation to Corusant, and the Core Worlds he had ever done. But usually since security was higher, it was usually much more lucrative. Being a professional criminal and in a tight spot, Jaran thought it might be a good idea. Just to get him up on his feet and back to the outer-rim.

He did not understand why people from Corusant thought they were so tough. 'Oh we got gangs and mobsters galavanting all over the planet!'. Whatever, the outer-rim is where the real danger is.

Joran and his security/protocol droid stood side by side at the bottom of his ships ramp. The droid had a top of the line AI, pirated of course.

"Deals off, authorities have us under a lot of scrutiny and we can't peddle spice at the moment." The leader said.

"Wait now, a deals a deal!"

"The deal is off. We don't have the credit anyways." The gang turned around and walked away. Jaran stood with his mouth open, speechless. You couldn't force somebody to buy something when they didn't even have the money. That plan just went to shambles.

"We do not have the necessary funds to depart from this planet. To leave requires the purchasing of fuel and our funds are totally depleted." His droid stated. Jaran sighed and paced about looking for an answer.

"Well I don't really fancy this bloody planet much. Was hoping we would be able to scramble after a few hours. We will have to go look for a buyer or else I'll shoot myself."
 Dark_Lady
01-25-2007, 9:43 PM
"Actually, I'd prefer if you did hang around," Daith replied. "There's something I'd like you to see, and a matter that may require Katya's assistance. Of course, I know I can trust you not to let anything we talk about go spreading around the galaxy. Right?"

He turned to face Shuji. "And of course I can trust you." Even if he wasn't in the Order any more, he was still a good man, definitely not the kind to deliberately induce mass panic. And, well, even if word got out, it could always be played as yet another conspiracy theory. Still, it wouldn't be a good thing. Best to keep it as quiet as possible.

He tapped a few buttons on the control panel before him, unlocking the door to allow Master Severus and his Padawan to enter.

----------

"Interesting place," Narthen remarked, as he and Scev stepped in. Diath closed the door behind them, and relocked it.

"Who's she?" Narthen asked, as his eyes fell on the pink-eyed woman. And wait, Shuji was there? He hadn't seen him in quite a while, since he'd left the Order, in fact. He was about to greet him, when his eyes fell on the small crystal sitting in the center of the desk, and the sensation of dark energy swept over him. "And what," he continued, more pointedly, "is that?"

"That's something I'd prefer to get into more detail about after a few others arrive," Diath said, looking him straight in the eyes. "But I think you have the general idea."
 Rexraptor2000
01-25-2007, 9:43 PM
Kharel was falling through the air right now. But it felt like flying. Flying was fun without the speeder. But it wouldn't be so fun when he reached the ground. The fall wouldn't kill him. It would be the speed at which he was falling and the sudden stop that would kill him. He had already crushed three speeders to try and break his fall, but it hadn't worked. Now he was trying to get close to a building. When he got lose enough, he plunged his staff into the wall, making sure it didn't disintegrate, and felt like his arm was going to tear off from holding it, since it probably should have. The wall was tough and his staff didn't drag down at all. He just stopped. Stupid Hutt. He should have just stayed where he was. Then Kharel would not have to be miserable in this place or nearly having his arm torn off. After he stopped, he shunted the pain out of his mind and began to move up the wall, being able to move along most surfaces an aspect of his species.
 Grace
01-25-2007, 10:03 PM
The 'ditz' was back as Katya smiled at the two Jedi who just entered the room. She tripped over the chair behind her before staggering forward, giggling a little as she came up to them. Offering a hand, she said, "I'm Merideth Haver. Was just preparing to finish up some business between the Chancellor and... my employer. But it'll wait." Smiling cheerfully, she went back to the desk and sat in one of the chairs.

It was at that moment Katya caught sight of the holocron and, in true 'airhead' fashion, she whispered in awe, "Ooh, pretty!" She reached forward to touch it, but almost immediately pulled her hand away. "But I'm not supposed to touch it, now am I?"

Adopting a pout, she leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms, waiting for any other visitors to arrive.
 Dark_Lady
01-26-2007, 12:37 AM
"Charmed," Narthen replied, trying not to roll his eyes and failing miserably. Ugh, he was never going to be able to get over that habit. And understanding people like that had never come easily to him.

"Yes, please don't," he said as she mentioned not touching the holocron.
 starmark2k
01-26-2007, 7:47 AM
Sankra Stood in the medical facility within the great Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He was one of the Jedi Healers and had been assigned to the facility by the Council after showing great skill in using the force to heal other. He walked over to one of the young padawans who was acting as a nurse.

"I've managed to heal the burns of the elderly rodian, but his arm needs to be placed in a Kolto Vat for five minuet." Sankra ordered.

"Yes Master." She replied bowing and walking off.

Sankra looked up at a clock at the end of the ward and began to leave, it was the end of his current shift there so he decided to go and train.
 Master_Archon
01-26-2007, 9:20 AM
When Shuji shook the girl's hand his brows raised in what could be assumed as a Kel Dor grin. He felt the girl's 'barrier', but that only amused him, he didn't need to see into the mind to know a person, no, that's not what Empathy was. All he needed was that one touch, and he could feel, see, and understand many events around that person, without even entering the mind.

Shuji was definately amused at this girl, not a force user, but she was attempting to block his advances. Shuji laughed cynically, "I'm, pleased to meet you ma'am, I'll stand by and wait for your, business, to be finished."

Shuji sheathed his sword, standing aside to let the girl go by and talk to the chancellor. But before the business could continue, the chancellor started talking to the girl about something different, about, other affairs.

"And of course I can trust you." Said the chancellor in Shuji's direction. "Of course," he said in his hollow voice once more, bowing slightly to Diath. But when Diath opened the door, and Narthen walked in, Shuji cringed, he was meeting all the prideful bigshot jedi from his past, wasn't he?

Shuji started scooting back as Narthen approached to greet him, when Narthen stopped and stared at Diath's desk.

"And what...is that?" Narthen said to the chancellor, mentioning the object on the desk. Shuji cocked an eyebrow and turned to look at the said item. Shuji was enamored at the small holocron on the desk, he had been around dark energy so much, he'd almost not detected the little item of evil.

Memories flooded Shuji's mind, as his grin reappeared on his brows, only more evilish. Shuji practically was drooling over the sight of it, "Diath! I didn't know you had it in you, finally decided to follow in my footsteps? I'm flattered," he said in mock humor.

Shuji walked towards it, almost in a trance, but as his hand reached out he felt he could go no further, he had done too much with holocrons already, he didn't need to go back to his little adiction. He sighed and turned away, sitting down next to the girl he looked over at her. He studied her position, then copied it exactly, the leg posture, the crossed arms, the pouting look, he copied every movement and position. He wanted to test the girl's patience, see if she could hold her act up against his childish acts; that, and it was entertaining!
 Daft Adidas
01-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Damien could feel a disturbance in the force an it seemed something bad was happening and it was a secret and he would like to know.

He came up to the guard and said.
"Diath has called upon me and other Jedi can i get in?"

The guard opened the door and he stepped into a lift which to him to the office.

He saw a small crowd of people he had never seen and knew and the ones he knew were better known as Shugi and Nartheen oh and Diath.

"Hi guys whats up, I feel something strange in the force" he said.
 KotO[REvan]
01-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Scev N'sal walked into the room where the group of people were assemblaged. Not to many people looked at him as he entered, but everyone could notice he was there. He did not talk, but crossed his arms and looked to Narthen, his Jedi Master.
 Daft Adidas
01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Some other guy joined and he crossed his arms. Damien waited for the group of Jedi to finish their sentence then they truned to him.
 KotO[REvan]
01-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Scev wasn't a shy guy, but he wasn't one who would speak openly. The two of the Jedi stared at each other for a moment, when Scev finally decided to reply.

"Your in the way." he signified, Scev was trying to get a good look at the holocron that seemed to of been pulling him in somehow.
 Dark_Lady
01-26-2007, 1:02 PM
((Okay, Aida, in order to get into the locked office, you need to be, ummm, let in. Edit your first post so you talked to the guard like everyone else did, (except Scev, who just followed Narthen). Say Diath invited you over (which he did). He'll let you in, because Diath will tell him to. You go into a lift, and it takes you to the office. Then it'll be good. You don't need to change what you did, it was fine, just clarify how you got here. :D

Please, don't control people's characters either. Sometimes, people might not want to turn towards someone for one reason or another. And sorry on behalf of Narthen. He's going to be grumpy at Damien for a long time just because it's in his character to not like his type of personality. Nothing personal. Nice to see you in the RP. Another active person, yeah! :D))

Diath opened the door to let another Jedi in, and Narthen cringed inwardly as he heard the voice speak up behind him. "Hi guys, what's up, I feel something strange in the Force."

No, no, Force no, not him.

"You're in the way," Scev said to the new arrival.

He's always in the way, Narthen thought. He glanced at Diath, disapproval written in every aspect of his face. "You couldn't find anyone a little more competent and a little less prone to hallucination?" his expression clearly said.

Diath looked back for a moment, as if about to repeat "Don't underestimate people" for the hundredth time.

"Welcome, Damien," he said. "I'm glad to see you could make it." Narthen turned around, his annoyed expression mostly obliterated from his face. Well, Damien had managed to arrive this time. That was one thing in his favor.

((Incidentally, when Narthen looks towards Diath really annoyed, he's facing directly away from Damien.))
 KotO[REvan]
01-26-2007, 1:16 PM
Scev could read his master's mind like a book, more or less because of the expressions that he puts on his face all the time. He was obviously annoyed.

Scev walked pasted Damien and up to the desk of Diath, not caring about the other people around him. He stared at the holocron, looking deeply into it. He thought he heard words in his mind, but he wasn't sure...

"Join us."
 starmark2k
01-26-2007, 1:24 PM
((Would my character have been invited to this meeting?))

Master San'kra walked into an empt training room, he went over to the only console in the room and Initiated a dueling programme. Two Droids came out of a metal door at the far end of the room.

San'kra turned to face them and dropped his outer robes onthe floor just off of the dueling mat. He removed both lightsabres from his belt and ignited the blades, on doing this the two droids both activated their lightsbres.
 Daft Adidas
01-26-2007, 1:44 PM
"Cool lots of people is this like a party" he joked. "But more seriously" he said his smiley face going straight. "What's going on a got a message meet Diath and the other Jedi at office and there was no more."

Damien could sense that Narthen was not happy with him and this made him upset but the good thing about Damien was that he locked up all his sad feelings and realesed the happy ones which made him a bubbly funny character. It was suprising as he had a terrible childhood and he used to be a quiet fellow until he joined the council after leaving his Jedi Academy because he found friends just liek family as he has none because his parents were locked up and his brother who he loved so much was murdered and still to to this day he does not now who doen it and why but he had to stop thinking about his life and thin kof the present. What was going on? Why had he been called here?
 KotO[REvan]
01-26-2007, 1:47 PM
"It's the holocron, Damien." Scev said as if he read Damien's thoughts.

"Chancellor Diath, is there something you would like to show us?" Scev asked wisely.
 Dark_Lady
01-26-2007, 2:00 PM
((Yes, if you want to, or you could just get picked up later. It's entirely possible that someone forgot to give you the message, and is going to give it to you late, or you could just say that your stuff happened a few hours before everyone else's, and show up right after Damien.))
 Rexraptor2000
01-26-2007, 2:23 PM
Kharel was now lost, having been chased all around Coruscant. Kharel hated being lost. That normally meant that his employer would think he was dead. But he was not dead. He was alive. The opposite of dead. Stupid Hutt. Stupid planet. He wanted to go home. But home was no there anymore. He was still climbing the building, not bothering to avoid the windows, so he could get to the top and get a better view. Stupid Hutt. It was a very tall building.
 Jason Skywalker
01-26-2007, 3:12 PM
"You can surely do better!" A voice echoed through the Training Room, on the Jedi Temple.

It was Jedi Master Daeragh Skirata's voice. He was in the room training with his Padawan, Tara Keto. Daeragh's Yellow-Orange Lightsaber collided with Tara's Purple. The two put strength on that saber lock but eventually broke out. The two started rapidly tapping each other's Lightsaber, their sabers touching each other.

"You'll have to do better if you're going to fight a Sith!"

"I am trying!"

"That is why you fail. You are trying. Do not try, do, if you can't do, do not try."

Tara put an angry expression on her face and started to strike more powerfully and quickly. She spun her saber in a semi-circle as her Master did, the two sabers clashing about three times until the two entered another saber lock. Tara overpowered her Master and swung up, throwing the Lightsaber and striking, forcing him to the ground.

"Great work my Padawan. While you are brave and powerful, you failed this "test" of mind and patience."

"Why?" She inquired, confused.

"All those things i said, i was goading you to see if you'd fall to anger. Do not resort to anger. You where going well, until you "fell". Do you understand?"

"I guess. I'll..." She said before being interrupted

"Do not try."

"Yes, i know Master, do not try, do or do not."
 starmark2k
01-26-2007, 3:46 PM
San'kra stood Looking at one of the training droids infront of him, His sabres deactivated and he placed them on his belt. The droid suddenly began to spark in its Torso area then collapse backwards. A faint smile came across the Zabraks face as he looked at the lightsabre burn mark in the droids chest. His eyes then went around the training mat looking at the other droid, or atleast bits of it that were scattered around the room. He stepped back and picked up his outer robes and plased them on his body.

Just then a Padawan Learner walked into the room, he looked at the droid parts all over the place. "Been having fun master."

"You should always love your work." San'kra replied as he stepped towards the Young Padawan."Did you want to see me?"

"Yes Master Mez." The Padawan said holding a datapad out infront of him for San'kra to take. "I am to give you these orders fromthe council."

"Thank You." San'kra politely replied taking the Pad from him and bowing.
-----------------------------
An Hour Later

Jedi Knight San'kra Mez walked down a corridor towards a lift with a guard standing outside. He had been given orders to meet Chancellor Diath in his office, although that was pretty much all he had been told. Why he had been called and why this whole thing was being done so secretively was somthing Mez didn't understand.

He got to the guard and handed him the pad and was allowed into the lift, that took him up to the top floor. The door opened and San'kra stepped in, looking round he saw the chancellor and several others some of which he ould tell were jedi or atleast a force adept. "Chancellor You called for me?"
 steven
01-26-2007, 3:54 PM
The Odyssey, after being granted special clearence from his uncle, landing on the senate buildings. Steve had been contacted by his Uncle several hours ago about an important job that paid well, since he was in the Coruscant system, he decided to see what his uncle wanted. He stepped into the elivator and pressed the top floor botten, assuming that's were his Uncles office was.
 KotO[REvan]
01-26-2007, 4:07 PM
Scev looked toward the Jedi Master who just entered the room, adding to the gathering of people. Scev suddenly recognized who this person was, no he didn't really know him, but he's heard of him around different Jedi Academies and temples.

To show some respect, he took a slight bow. Arising his bending movement, he turned around, awaiting the Chancellor's further words.
 Dark_Lady
01-26-2007, 4:56 PM
Chancellor Diath raised his eyebrows slightly as Damien spoke. He had an uncanny ability to know things he shouldn't. Diath had never mentioned any other Jedi in his message. Unfortunately, Damien had a tendency to take his flashes of insight as though he had learned them some other way, as though something had happened another way from what it had. This put him... somewhat out of touch with reality at times. And not all he thought he saw was true. But enough of that. Down to the matter at hand.

"Yes," he said to San'kra. "I did." He let his nephew in and smiled at him despite his concern. "Recently, a grave threat to the Republic has revealed itself. It appears to be a Sith faction of some sort, and they claim to be responsible for Jaru'un." He picked up the holocron and held it gingerly between his fingers.

"This is, so far, the only information we have, and given its source, it may not be entirely reliable. Unfortunately, we have nothing else to go on." Placing it carefully back on the center of the desk, he activated it with the Force. A figure, more of a shadow or a silhouette than anything recognizable, rose from the crystal and began to speak in a cold voice.

"Let's get straight to the point, shall we?" it said. "Chancellor Diath, we have constructed a superweapon of massive power, fully operational, the results of which are so destructive that they push the limits of even my imagination. Our first test, a mere fraction of its true ability, has reduced an entire planet into dust. I'm sure you have heard of Jaru'un? Surrender to the Sith, or the Republic will be split apart and destroyed by forces beyond your limited comprehension." The figure paused and obviously smiled, even though it was completely featureless.

"Now, tradition states that this is the part where I proudly declare 'There is only one way you can defeat me!' But that would be wrong, and since I have no need for deception, I will tell you the truth. There is no way you can defeat me. We have hidden in the darkness for years rebuilding, and when we carried out this first test, you couldn't even determine the cause." There was a brief moment of silence before the voice spoke again.

"You have exactly one month to acquiesce." The shadow turned slightly as if about to walk away across the table, then looked back. "And cheer up. We only want the galaxy."

The shadow flickered and disappeared as Diath shut down the holocron. He looked to the people in the room. "And now you know as much as I do."
 Daft Adidas
01-26-2007, 5:05 PM
"Wow" sighed Damien after the long explanation.

"So what are we going to do about it?" he asked. "I mean we can't just let them have the galaxy" he joked.
 starmark2k
01-26-2007, 5:29 PM
"Why do I Get the Feeling you have called us here because you want us to find this Weapon and the Sith in the message." San'kra Stated. "That will not be easy, the sith do not just make threats like this idlely. If he says we can not stop him he beleives, They are deceptive but not without intelligence."
 Grace
01-26-2007, 5:56 PM
"They may have intelligence," agreed 'Merideth', "but so do all of you... and so does my employer. And this is a task she would find most... intriguing."
 steven
01-26-2007, 6:00 PM
Steven had entered the room before the message was played rather quietly, so the others were surprised to hear his voice "This guy mentioned something about planet's turning into dust, so, are you guys missing any planet's Supreme Chancellor?"
 Dark_Lady
01-26-2007, 6:29 PM
"Yes, we are," Narthen said before Diath replied. "That would be where Jaru'un went. Strange, I thought most people would have known that, it disappeared nearly a year ago, after all. They ran quite a few investigation stories on the holonet." Really, how did someone miss that?

"That's right," Diath said. "And, yes, these Sith are obviously intelligent. They managed to keep themselves hidden long enough to create something like this, after all." He turned to Katya. "I would be most pleased if you informed your employer. I have the feeling she would find this interesting as well. Everyone needs to decide for themselves, what they want to do, of course. And I know it won't be easy. We have so little to go on. But the alternatives are not much better."
 KotO[REvan]
01-26-2007, 6:34 PM
Scev unfolded his arms, and now placed them inside his pockets. He looked at his master, Narthen, and then looked back to Diath.

"We're in." he said firmly.
 Dark_Lady
01-26-2007, 7:06 PM
"Of course we are," Narthen agreed. "After all, as Damien pointed out, 'we can't just let them have the galaxy.' One thing I'd like to mention. If you noticed, he said they spent years rebuilding. This of course implies that they had something to rebuild. Perhaps they're remnants from another group, and as such, we might be able to find information on them."
 KotO[REvan]
01-26-2007, 7:17 PM
"If so, then where should we begin to look?" Scev asked. "It will be difficult to find information on them, if we don't have any leads."
 Grace
01-26-2007, 7:18 PM
"Give me a moment," Katya said, nodding. "I'll contact my employer and have an answer for you within five minutes."

She stepped away from the table and tugged a personal communicator from its place on her brightly colored belt. After what seemed like a rather intense conversation with 'Katya', the 'ditz Merideth' returned to the table.

"Katya's interested," she said. "But she also wants us to finish up our previous business before she accepts anything new."
 CountVerilucus
01-26-2007, 7:47 PM
"K-7, I had to go through a great amount of trouble to pinch that AI of yours, so put it to use and conjure me some good ideas." Jaran ordered his droid. They sat down in a quieter section of Corusant, Jaran lit a cigar and began to relax.

"It will be quite difficult to find a buyer who will trust us. We have no history or identity on this planet, therefore for all they know we could be working with the local law enforcement agencies. Also the chance of getting caught with fifty thousand credits worth of illegal merchandise is quite high. Master, I suggest we look at other options." The droid stated blatantly, well not really since he was a droid. But to Jaran it seemed insultingly blatant.

Jaran took a draw of his cigar. He was getting some inquisitive looks from the people passing by. It's not every day you see a man in deep conversation with a droid.

"We could rob a bank, does that catch your fancy?" Jaran asked.

"The magnitude of Corusant security will make that a very diffcult task. Compared to the other outer-rim escapades we have engaged in."

"There has got to be atleast one crimelord in this planet who could use some spice, and we are going to find that person."
 KnightofMordred
01-26-2007, 9:48 PM
I walked into the Galactic Senate building. I went up to the guard. "Don't tell me, you're here to see the Chancellor, name?" he said.

"No, I'm here for you." I said putting my hand over his forehead and drawing the memories out of him. He stood wordless, as I drew from him all memories from the past few hours. That was all I needed from him. "Your usefulness has reached it's end." I said, calling upon an orb of destruction and vaporizing him. I was glad to already be outfited in a guard's uniform. It made life much easier at times like these. I stood where the man had stood before previously. Just a small changing of the guard, nothing more.
Page: 1 of 3