Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] mjpb3's Exile! Slow Down!

Page: 1 of 1
 mjpb3
01-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't think I've ever seen another mod like this, and I did do a quick search, but I may not have used the correct term(s) to search for. If there is another mod like this, please just disregard this post. :D

------------------------------------------------------------

I made a new mod that "slows" the Exile (male or female) down to the same walk/run animation speed that the PC and NPCs used in KotOR I.

I don't know about anyone else, but it has always bugged me that you run faster and "powerwalk" in KotOR II. I'm sure Obsidian had a very good reason for the speed increase -- maybe because of the new model files being used -- but even still, I always found it highly annoying.

Anyway, this mod fixes that by decreasing the speed of the walking and running animations being used by editing some entries in the appearance.2da file.

Inspiration for this mod came from achilles' wonderful Speed/Roleplay fix for 103PER and 304NAR (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=162528) --- and a post in the same thread by Lunar4. Thanks for the idea! :thumbsup:

Please view the mod page for installation instructions.

http://gamemods.mjpb3.net/sm-Screen-24.jpg)

Here's the link:
http://www.cjt0202.net/mjpb3mods.php)
http://gamemods.mjpb3.net)

As always, feedback is welcomed.

Enjoy!
 Ghost Down
01-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Thank you mjpb3!

Been looking for a mod like this for ages!

Great job gal! :thumbsup:

- Ghost Down
 mjpb3
01-17-2007, 1:01 PM
Thanks ;)

Glad you like it. I was afraid that there was already a mod like this out there somewhere. Hmmm, I guess not(?).

Anyway, enjoy! :D
 Arбtoeldar
01-17-2007, 7:14 PM
Thank you mjpb3!

Been looking for a mod like this for ages!

Great job gal! :thumbsup:

- Ghost Down

I could not have said it any better. I always thought that the Exile moved to fast for just normal walking.
 LordHoban
01-17-2007, 8:42 PM
Good idea, but I just wonder why you'd want to get places slower? More and more, I tended to use the speed force power to get places faster, especially in a recent playthrough of KOTOR1.

That's not to say there shouldn't be an option like this, however, as I don't speak for everyone. I was just wondering and I applaud the idea itself.
 mjpb3
01-18-2007, 7:58 AM
Good idea, but I just wonder why you'd want to get places slower? More and more, I tended to use the speed force power to get places faster, especially in a recent playthrough of KOTOR1.Because when I play, I enjoy playing. I don't play just to "get where I am going the fastest way possible". I like to enjoy a playthrough not run through it so fast that I forget what I was doing in the first place. :roleyess:

Besides, as you mention, there is always the option to use Speed to get somewhere faster. :D

-----

I made this mod because I am tinkering with making a module (for myself -- so don't ask for it please) and while in the module looking around at everything I was positioning inside it, I kept getting annoyed at how fast Exile just walks. Running like she's in a footrace is one thing, but goodness! Why does she have to walk so fast!? :eek:

So I remembered achilles' mod and took a look through that and discovered how to slow Exile down to the same speed as Revan and partymembers from K1.

Use this mod if you want--or not. It's up to you. But it is precisely what I needed right now for my own use and I thought others might want to use it too. Apparently, some people do since it has been downloaded quite a few times. :p
 Sato Sparhawk
02-13-2007, 12:20 AM
(Pant Pant) Thanks now I can stop running everywhere
 SpaceAlex
02-13-2007, 3:10 AM
Yeah, i've already done this for myself a year ago or so, but never bothered to release it. Thought nobody would care, since it's a fairly simple mod. But the best things come from such simple mods. :D

The male walking animations are barable, but the female ones are absolutley horrible. I couldn't play as a female, until i figured out how to reduced the walking speed.
 SDSnyper
02-17-2007, 7:23 PM
Does this work for kotor 1 ? doubt it. would be great for kotor 1 though.
 Vegard Aune
02-18-2007, 5:00 AM
Does this work for kotor 1 ? doubt it. would be great for kotor 1 though.
Erm, doesn't this mod slow Exile down to the same walking speed that the characters in K1 already had? Meaning that a similar mod for K1 would do nothing at all.
 SDSnyper
02-18-2007, 9:32 PM
my female revan walks just nearly as fast as exile, if not the same. It was like this before i had any mods too so thats not it.

edit: im just going to change it myself so dont worry about it.
 uzibear
02-25-2007, 4:27 AM
cool mod; but personally the faster run was one of the many things i thought they did better in TSL
 mjpb3
02-27-2007, 7:18 PM
Would any mod be so kind and change the name of this thread to
[K2] mjpb3's Exile! Slow Down!?

Thanks!

Mod note: Done. ~M
 Kaall
05-13-2007, 7:00 PM
I really like this mod i and would like to point 2 minor mistake in the "change.ini"

here :

[change93]
RowIndex=94 <---- Has to be changed to 93
rundist=3.96
driveanimrun_pc=3.96

and here :

[change115]
RowIndex=105 <---- Has to be changed to 115
rundist=3.96
driveanimrun_pc=3.96

The rest of this mod is perfect, and i really like it.
 mjpb3
05-13-2007, 9:00 PM
I really like this mod i and would like to point 2 minor mistake in the "change.ini"

<snip>

The rest of this mod is perfect, and i really like it.
D'oh! FIXED! Thanks for pointing those out for me. *smackhead*
(That's what happens when I cut and paste over and over--I make stupid mistakes.)

Anyhoo, thanks again. :D
 Lunar4
06-06-2007, 8:50 PM
haha thanks a bunch mjbp3, i never thought anyone would actually listen to me! :)
 Master Zionosis
06-06-2007, 8:57 PM
Wicked mod mjpb3, i really want to see a walk button for K1 though, :cry: lol
 stoffe
06-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Wicked mod mjpb3, i really want to see a walk button for K1 though, :cry: lol

There is a walk button in KotOR 1... it was added in the v1.02 patch.
 GeorgNihilus
04-16-2013, 9:03 PM
thanks alot dude ... sorry ... dudess, isn't it?? :brow:

I don't "feel" difference in the walking speed ... is it slower too? if not ... which column need to be "tweaked" to lower the walking speed, mj?

thank u again :thmbup1:
 Lunar4
05-07-2013, 2:58 AM
woah, cant believe i inspired a mod! :) awesome
Page: 1 of 1