Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Holowan Plugin 2

Page: 1 of 1
 Darkkender
01-16-2007, 3:13 PM
Hello everybody, I am beginning the release of the Holowan Plugin 2. As I have been building it I have tried to take many of the public and private requests that go along with this mod into consideration. As such one of the many request was to allow the user to have some selectability when they install the plugin allowing them to exclude options they didn't want. Also many dial-up users(including myself) have difficulty downloading mods larger than 10MB frequently. So what I've decided to do is to release the Plugin in a modular format. Using this modular format allows me to upload parts of the mod in chunks and continue working on other parts of the mod. This also will allow me to more directly troubleshoot and diagnose Areas of the mod that are having glitches. Which means smaller or more self contained fixes in the future.

A little more about the modular format. I am uploading the core files installation module today. This core module must be installed prior to any of the other modules for the Holowan Plugin. Included in the core files installation are the subset folders within the tslpatchdata folder. As I release each subset you will need to un-archive them into the tslpatchdata folder and overwrite the existing folder. All of the modules will be optional installs and a couple might even be intentionally incompatible with other subsets.

Starting today you will be able to download the modules listed below. Keep in mind you will need to download the core files and install them first. As I release each subset I will update the list below with each subset.

[TSL] Holowan Plugin 2 - Core Files (www.freewebs.com/darkkender/TSL_Holowan_Plugin2_core.rar)
[TSL]Holowan Plugin 2 -- The Awakened Force subset (http://files.filefront.com/TSLHP2____The_Awakened_Force/;6607325;;/fileinfo.html)

Note for anybody installing the core files there is nothing playable other than the plugins Launcher. I will have the first playable subset up by this weekend--As soon as I can get to a highspeed location in the next week.

Subset Upload Notes:
I'm limited by availability of High Speed connections so Subsets may not appear in as timely a manner as some here would like. Please refrain from making multiple posts asking when is the next subset going to be up. I do apreciate the support however.
 Master Michael
01-16-2007, 3:33 PM
Will the previous version have to be uninstalled?
 Darkkender
01-16-2007, 3:46 PM
After some subset modules have been released I would have to say yes without a doubt mostly because this is going to include almost all of the content from the first one. However as it is A new version with it's own independant installation method and generally going to have alot of different features, I felt it needed it's own release thread. Since people are likely to have questions about the original in-between the release of the various modules for this one is also another key reason I started a new thread for this version. When I have everything converted over to an exceptable degree then the other thread will have a close request placed upon it.
 Ganden
01-18-2007, 9:42 PM
core files downloaded...

i'll be waiting for the rest of the files

Edit: so darkkender, when are you uploading the rest?
 draconus333
01-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Woot Darkkender, Ive been waiting for this mod release for a while! Thanks for working on it, and i hope u get it done soon
 Light of the Fey
01-23-2007, 12:47 PM
What mods are going to be added? I would like all the Redhawke stuff put in for I love his work...Theres also this really nice Twilek mod that would be perfect and don't forget Stoffe's high level force powers...

High level Force Powers: http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13294.html)
Twilek Mod: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;75052)
 Darkkender
01-24-2007, 12:13 AM
All of Redhawke's mods were a part of the first TSL plugin and will remain so in this version however they will be part of a selective install method. As to Stoffe's HLFP mod I have not received Stoffe's permission to include her mods in the plugin so it will not be in there. However there likely will be modifications similiar as others have done similiar mods that have given there permission to include there mods. Also there are plenty of Twilek head mods in the plugin likely either the one you featured above or one really close to it are going to be in there.
 RedHawke
01-24-2007, 1:28 AM
All of Redhawke's mods were a part of the first TSL plugin and will remain so in this version however they will be part of a selective install method.
Uh? I'm not comfortable with the sound of this. Please explain this to me... if you want to via PM then please do so.
 TheNeutrachrist
01-24-2007, 8:49 AM
He mentioned this in my thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=173549) a while ago. He said there would be a way to use mods to install only parts, like sabers and robes only, but no extra armors or battle rifles. Things of that nature.
 Light of the Fey
01-24-2007, 11:39 PM
All of Redhawke's mods were a part of the first TSL plugin and will remain so in this version however they will be part of a selective install method. As to Stoffe's HLFP mod I have not received Stoffe's permission to include her mods in the plugin so it will not be in there. However there likely will be modifications similiar as others have done similiar mods that have given there permission to include there mods. Also there are plenty of Twilek head mods in the plugin likely either the one you featured above or one really close to it are going to be in there.

I prefer this Twilek Head...so I would probably install it myself...Most of the twilek heads are pretty ugly or far to similar to the Twin Suns and gets on my nerves...Oh well xD Lol
 Darkkender
01-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Alright everybody the first subset has been uploaded and is available for download. It is the Awakened Force subset. This is the first version of the subset and is likely to be one to receive frequent updates and expansions just to warn everybody. The Subset grants you 2 new force powers improves a few others and gives you access to a variety of items that make use of spells.2da. Here is the readme.

Mod Name: [TSL]Holowan Plugin 2 -- The Awakened Force subset

Version: v2.00

Author: Darkkender

Description:

The Awakened force subset for the [TSL] Holowan Plugin 2 contains 2 new force powers as well as upgrades on a few others and a few new items to improve the party.

Contained mods & Authors:

TSL Multi-Stim by Chainz.2da
TSL Hak Pad by Chainz.2da
Force Disarm by 010_switch_010
Force Flame by Clydeski
Scream1.0a by DarthSilius
Lightsaber On & Off v1.2 by HouseOfAmon
Extended Force Powers by jmac714
droid speed upgrade by LightSaberDuelist
4 New Detonators by TheOssusKeeper
Correction Armband by Redhawke
finaltouch by oldflash (This is only the Remote for the PC and Meditation device for this subset)

Contact Darkkender via PM at the Holowan Labs or at the release thread for this mod.
 KalinaBloodrose
02-23-2007, 3:08 PM
*cough* bump *cough*

Uh, is this mod still alive or are you (Darkkender) having problems with your internet still?
 Darkkender
02-24-2007, 12:34 AM
I lack High speed and have not have an oppurtunity to get to a location to upload the rest of the modules from a location with high speed connection. When that happens there will be 3 very large modules uploaded. However just as a teaser there are almost 200 heads in the Heads module. :D
 Ganden
03-03-2007, 1:34 AM
I lack High speed and have not have an oppurtunity to get to a location to upload the rest of the modules from a location with high speed connection. When that happens there will be 3 very large modules uploaded. However just as a teaser there are almost 200 heads in the Heads module. :D

200 heads?

*jaw drops*

looking forward to this :)
 nineball
03-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Dang... That's going to be a lot of scrolling to find the one you're looking for.
 Darkkender
03-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Well if you figure the first [TSL]Holowan Plugin had about 150 between male and female it wouldn't be that much scrolling. :D However I wish I had a screenshot of the Kotor Tool's 2da Editor's Big crash about 4 weeks ago. I had every field of an appearance.2da file filled with "Unique_DolGren". Did I mention that Appearance.2da had 2125 lines. The worst part is that the crash came after clicking save and overwriting the old appearance.2da file which put me back almost 2 weeks rebuilding the 2da.
 TheNeutrachrist
03-05-2007, 8:33 PM
Ouch, can't wait to see this baby all fleshed out!
 Eefluxx
05-16-2007, 1:45 PM
Okay this might seem like a stupid question but with the Awakened Force subset do you jut copy it to your override or do you copy it to the empty Awakened Force folder in the core files and use the patcher to download it? Also Darkkender if you want I will pack up my cable modem and send it you so you can download the other three :)

Am looking forward to the 200 heads to choose from
 ExiledFish
05-16-2007, 3:22 PM
What exacty does this include?
 Vanni127
05-18-2007, 2:15 AM
Hey guys...I am really new to the modding thing...and there's no readme for this.

Can someone give me instructions on what to do here?

For example:

Where do I extract the installer and folder you initially download?

And what do I do from there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vanni out.
 Master Michael
05-18-2007, 4:57 PM
@Vanni127: Doesn't matter where you extract the folder. When you run the TSLpatcher, it will ask you for the Kotor2 folder. Point it to the kotor2 root folder, where the swkotor2.exe file is. Then it will do the rest on its own.
Extract the second file into your Override folder.
 Vanni127
05-19-2007, 3:07 AM
@Vanni127: Doesn't matter where you extract the folder. When you run the TSLpatcher, it will ask you for the Kotor2 folder. Point it to the kotor2 root folder, where the swkotor2.exe file is. Then it will do the rest on its own.
Extract the second file into your Override folder.

You know...had I just clicked on the little TSL patcher exe file I woulda seen that. :laughing:

Thanks muchly. I love this modding community. So much cool stuff! :D
 Eefluxx
05-29-2007, 2:21 PM
I just wanted to say I tried what I had mentioned earlier and copied the Awakened Force subset to the folder of the same name in the core files and used the TSLPatcher to download it instead of just copying it to the override folder. Worked like a charm :)
 medickvhs
06-26-2007, 7:02 PM
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I may not have any experience, but if you wanted to mail discs with the files, I could get them uploaded to wherever you like using my connection.

You do incredible work, I'd hate to see it stop only because of a lack of bandwidth!
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-12-2007, 6:07 PM
So at this time you can only install the Core files and Awakened Force right? Or am I missing something?
 medickvhs
08-13-2007, 9:16 PM
Nope, that's exactly it.
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Oh ok. Thanks. Depending on Darkkender's schedule and free time there will be more update right?
 medickvhs
08-26-2007, 1:26 AM
So he says, but he has also mentioned internet issues as a reason things are slow to be released, mainly, he has no reliable connection at home.
 Darkkender
08-28-2007, 12:38 PM
So he says, but he has also mentioned internet issues as a reason things are slow to be released, mainly, he has no reliable connection at home.

I figure I'll pass on reassurance to everyone. Yes there will be more likely closer to the middle too late part of October. By that time I will have saved enough from my new job I start in Sept. to afford Satellite High speed and then I can upload to everybodies content.
 medickvhs
08-29-2007, 1:38 AM
Great to hear Darkender, good luck with the new job!
 paulym5
08-31-2007, 3:25 AM
Thanks for the work Darkkender and everyone who worked on it. What I can play looks great so far, but I installed the core files and awakened force subset and now my game keeps crashing on Peragus just after you come through the fuel pipe from the ship and you face the two robots. Is anyone else having this problem with the mod or is it my game? I have tried with two different games several times each and it always crashes at this point.
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-03-2007, 2:28 PM
I figure I'll pass on reassurance to everyone. Yes there will be more likely closer to the middle too late part of October. By that time I will have saved enough from my new job I start in Sept. to afford Satellite High speed and then I can upload to everybodies content.

I can't wait. ^_^ By then my new computer should be here, well it should be here in a few days, but who's counting.

Keep up the great work!
 jedi7000nathan
09-26-2007, 3:46 PM
is this mod still live
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-26-2007, 4:27 PM
Darkkender I believe is having computer or internet problems. SO yes this mod is still alive (at least last I heard).
 who_is_daniel
11-14-2007, 12:58 PM
I just installed this mod with the forcepowers pack/mod/upgrade (the first one one for this verson), I have encounterd 2 bugs. 1 = When Attons wears his ribbed jacked his whole model (except head) is bleached white, all color removed. Thats nto a big deal though.

2 = I keep crashing when I am on Paragus and have gone through the fule shaft, through the shutdown force shields, and at the begining of the next area. I cant figure out why it keeps crashing wile fighting the droids there or when I try to go back the way I came. Anyone have a fix for this?
 Pikmin
07-12-2008, 5:58 PM
This looks cool...
 TriggerGod
07-12-2008, 6:24 PM
I'm trying to install this mod, and the TSLPatcher doesn't seem to find the changes.ini file. And when I try to install the Core Files, only a few files are installed.
Any suggestions on how to fix?
 maltron66
07-06-2013, 4:43 AM
Is the link to the holowan plugin 2 broken?
Page: 1 of 1