Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SW Music Mod Failure

Page: 1 of 1
 WhiteRevan
01-13-2007, 2:05 AM
I was so happy to find a mod that installs the SW movies music into KOTOR2. And so miffed when it did not work. Here is the install log. Did it fail because my KOTOR2 is the fully patched UK version and not the US version perhaps? Or are there conflicts with other mods? Please somebody tell me how to install this mod.

• Installation started 13.01.2007 08:41:32...
• Loading StrRef token table...
• 21 StrRef tokens found and indexed.
• Install path set to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\.
• Appending strings to TLK file C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\dialog.tlk
• Identical string for append StrRef 0 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136329, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 1 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136330, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 2 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136331, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 3 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136332, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 4 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136333, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 5 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136334, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 6 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136335, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 7 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136336, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 8 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136337, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 9 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136338, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 10 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136339, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 11 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136340, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 12 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136341, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 13 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136342, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 14 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136343, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 15 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136344, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 16 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136345, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 17 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136346, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 18 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136347, reusing it instead.
• Identical string for append StrRef 19 found in dialog.tlk StrRef 136348, reusing it instead.
• Saving unaltered backup copy of dialog.tlk file in C:\DOCUME~1\oem\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX05.828\backup\
• dialog.tlk file not updated, all 20 entries were already present.
• Installing unmodified files...
• Warning: A file named 852nih.dlg already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Warning: A file named 852sacri.dlg already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Warning: A file named 904kreia.dlg already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Warning: A file named atris.dlg already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Warning: A file named kreatris.dlg already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Warning: A file named ambientmusic.2da already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Warning: A file named musictable.2da already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
• Modifying and compiling scripts...
• Replacing tokens in script atris.nss...
• Compiling modified script atris.nss...
• NWNNSSComp says: Compiling: C:\DOCUME~1\oem\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX05.828\tslpatchdata\atris.nss
• NWNNSSComp says: Total Execution time = 31 ms
• Replacing tokens in script core.nss...
• Compiling modified script core.nss...
• NWNNSSComp says: Compiling: C:\DOCUME~1\oem\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX05.828\tslpatchdata\core.nss
• Replacing tokens in script nihilus.nss...
• Compiling modified script nihilus.nss...
• NWNNSSComp says: Compiling: C:\DOCUME~1\oem\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX05.828\tslpatchdata\nihilus.nss
• Replacing tokens in script polar.nss...
• Compiling modified script polar.nss...
• NWNNSSComp says: Compiling: C:\DOCUME~1\oem\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX05.828\tslpatchdata\polar.nss
• Replacing tokens in script sacrifice.nss...
• Compiling modified script sacrifice.nss...
• NWNNSSComp says: Compiling: C:\DOCUME~1\oem\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX05.828\tslpatchdata\sacrifice.nss
• NWNNSSComp says: Total Execution time = 32 ms
• Replacing tokens in script traya.nss...
• Compiling modified script traya.nss...
• NWNNSSComp says: Compiling: C:\DOCUME~1\oem\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX05.828\tslpatchdata\traya.nss
• Replacing tokens in script trayaend.nss...
• Compiling modified script trayaend.nss...
• NWNNSSComp says: Compiling: C:\DOCUME~1\oem\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX05.828\tslpatchdata\trayaend.nss
• Error: Unhandled exception: Access violation at address 7C913144 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 00404BE9 (0)

Mod note: Moved thread to Holowan Labs since TUCE only is meant for announcing finished mods. ~M
 stoffe
01-13-2007, 10:23 AM
It looks like you are running the installer from within the ZIP/RAR archive. You must extract the content of the archive to somewhere on your hard drive (not the game's override folder though) before installing or things will not work properly. Make sure you preserve the folder structure from the archive when you do.

Though judging by the install log you posted I doubt the mod will work even if you manage to install it. It looks like the installer has been improperly configured to skip existing files rather than modify them. Meaning that if you already have another mod installed that alter the same files (which it looks like you do, unless those files are leftovers from previous failed install attempts of the same mod) they will not be made compatible, just skipped.
 JC9542
01-16-2007, 12:23 PM
I got a similar error when installing the movie music mod to TSL. Unpacked all the files to a temp folder etc, but it always gives me an Access Violation when patching trayaend.nss. However the rest of it seems to work find, although I wonder if I'm going to have to crash and use the backup dialog.tlk when I get to the end.
 Vegard Aune
02-11-2007, 10:48 AM
From looking at the list, it's obvious that it's conflicting with other mods. In the topic for the mod, stoffe made a fix to the installer. Maybe you should check it out, as currently, it seems like the only thing that IS installed are the music files, which won't help at all if none of the other files are present. If that fix doesn't work, then just say which mods you are using, and what those mods actually do.
 WhiteRevan
02-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Many thanks for your reply. I replaced the installer program that was included in the mod with the latest TSL patcher, and now the music mod seems to work just fine, although I did get the same handling error that everyone else seems to get for Traya, according to the now-closed SW music mod thread. I have not got as far as the final battle with Traya yet so I do not know if that part of the mod got installed. For TSL I am only using the Holowan Plugin and the Ultimate Sounds Mod. What should I do with the mmm .ini file that I found on the thread? Does the TSL patcher need it at all?

If a new SW music mod is ever made I would like it to include replacements for all the music in TSL and in KOTOR. Having played Jedi Outcast I really expect to hear the same music for Nar Shadaa, for example. The "baldur's gate" and classic FRP style of music just does not sound right for the Star Wars universe. Great mod btw. Well done!
 Vegard Aune
02-14-2007, 12:27 PM
Many thanks for your reply. I replaced the installer program that was included in the mod with the latest TSL patcher, and now the music mod seems to work just fine, although I did get the same handling error that everyone else seems to get for Traya, according to the now-closed SW music mod thread. I have not got as far as the final battle with Traya yet so I do not know if that part of the mod got installed.
I don't really think there's anything wrong there. Even if the script is broken, the only thing I think will happen is that the music won't change after the battle is over. (Which would propably make the final scene pretty awkward, with the dramatic "Kreia's Dark Theme" playing after the battle.)
But at least in my case, nothing seems to be wrong, despite that wierd handling-error message...
Page: 1 of 1