Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Great writing and art software

Page: 1 of 1
 HappyMojo
01-09-2007, 6:20 AM
This is just a tip for all you writers out there.

If you can't afford MS Office or Word don't worry. Here is an office suite - and it's free. (For Windows, Linux, and Mac):
Openoffice (www.openoffice.org).

Enjoy :)

OK, I got it figured out now. :) We'll make the thread a general 'useful software' thread and that solves the advertising only one piece of software problem. I put the link back in. Sorry for any trouble. --Jae
 Vaelastraz
01-09-2007, 9:57 AM
I think everyone can afford word, one way or another. :D

I do support openoffice though, openoffice rocks!
 Jae Onasi
01-09-2007, 10:40 AM
There are any number of free word processors, and googling 'free word processor' will likely provide many links. You can share your experiences with a specific piece of freeware/shareware, but a. make sure it's not an advertisement, and b. make sure you're discussing legal software.
 HappyMojo
01-09-2007, 10:43 AM
It is legal software, and I can highly recommend it. It is the best non-commercial office suite I've stumbled upon.
 tk102
01-09-2007, 11:16 AM
HappyMojo, you can post your favorite applications in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171696) in the future, for the benefit of the general community. (as stoffe did in post #5)
 HappyMojo
01-09-2007, 2:43 PM
Might do :)

* edit

tip2
Http://www.writely.com) (google docs) is an okay online text-editor. Great if you are working on multible computers.
Page: 1 of 1