Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Should I ...

Page: 1 of 1
 Miss_Mayhem
01-06-2007, 4:45 PM
... Have a quincenera (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=677)?) I'ts like a sweet 16, but at the age of 15 celebrated in Latin America and by families of hispanic descent. I'm 14 now, and whenever relatives come over and they ask my age, they arepromptly answered, and right on cue they ask '14, eh? Is she gonna have her quincenera next year?'. And me and my parents are unable to answer, for I really dont know. The only thing I currently look forward to would be getting to design the dress, but everything else is still in the dark. No, it wouldn't be the pricey affairs as seen on MTV's 'My Sweet 16' (and I woulnt be such a b!tch), but something thousand dollars would be dropped. So I'm letting you; Lucasforumers who I dont really know and will never meet in real life, to help me decide. Should I have the Quincenera?
 Samnmax221
01-06-2007, 4:48 PM
 zelda 41
01-06-2007, 4:56 PM
Go for it, Mayhem!
 milo
01-06-2007, 5:53 PM
Yesh.
 Grey Master
01-06-2007, 7:35 PM
Another Reason to PARTY!!!!! :D :D
 Psychochaos3
01-06-2007, 8:14 PM
Go ahead.
 DarthAve
01-06-2007, 9:44 PM
Just don't make it like the on on My Super Sweet 16. Man, that chica was a biotch!

But shur. Do what you want, you only live, or turn 15, once.
 turtlefreak
01-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Sure, just like we all should buy ponies and ride to Narnia! Wheee! But, I personally think it's a waste of money (No offense to the people who do celebrate them)
 Davinq
01-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Invite meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
 Miss_Mayhem
01-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Do you live in Southern California?

The way the adults and relatives say it, they make it sound like some responsibility and they seem to envision a very tradition Quincenera. But you did help me make up my mind, so thanks. Now the thread is about partay planning.
 Samnmax221
01-07-2007, 2:35 AM
Set off fireworks, lots of fireworks.
 turtlefreak
01-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Whee! Hey Mayhem, if we do that, we can blow up the school! FIREWORKS! shock1 Scorch all their butts!
 DarthAve
01-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Here's what you should have that would make the party bumpin.

-A DJ who takes request.
-Guitar Hero & DDR
-confetti
-friends
-like, 10 boxes of coka-cola (All regular, unless you have friends who like diet)
-A punch bowl filled with pixy sticks
-another punch bowl filled with glow sticks and other various glowy accessories.
-gift bags with the following. A box of Pocky, A coupon to a lazer tag place, gummi worms, and a card telling people how happy you are to have them at your quincinera
 turtlefreak
01-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey, you've gotta have a turtle, Mayhem. The par-tay ain't complete with out one! (I'll lend you one of mine.)
 DarthAve
01-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Or you could just hang up pics of Mr. Pokeylope. I can imagine the above poster would stare at them A LOT.
 Miss_Mayhem
01-07-2007, 2:43 PM
Probably ^_^ My cousin already DJ's at parties, so he told me he'd love to DJ at my party for free. He also told me to send him a list of songs I want to play, which is cool. I didn't think of DDR or Guitar hero ... but it's a good idea! Conffeti is a shoo in, and my family doesn't bring anything but soda to parties - though I could beg for Pina Coladas ;)

I dont know if the hall would allow neon accessories, but it's worth a shot.
 DarthAve
01-07-2007, 3:43 PM
Probably ^_^ My cousin already DJ's at parties, so he told me he'd love to DJ at my party for free. He also told me to send him a list of songs I want to play, which is cool. I didn't think of DDR or Guitar hero ... but it's a good idea! Conffeti is a shoo in, and my family doesn't bring anything but soda to parties - though I could beg for Pina Coladas ;)

I dont know if the hall would allow neon accessories, but it's worth a shot.
HELLZ YEAH!! Also throw in non alcaholic Strayberry Daquires. I had one at the county fair, and it was good. I drank it in the car while drawing faces on those notepads that tell you to vote for a candidate in some election.
 Miss_Mayhem
01-07-2007, 4:28 PM
Oh! Those are tasty :9
Page: 1 of 1