Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Campaign bug: Tartan Cruiser

Page: 1 of 1
 jason237
01-06-2007, 2:33 AM
I've been playing the campain of FoC, and have run into an odd bug: before the Mandalore mission, the only ships I can build are the StarViper, Skipray, and Interceptor Frigate. So far, so good. But after the Mandalore mission I suddenly can build...Tartan Cruisers. Shouldn't it unlock the Crusader corvette instead? I've gotten as far as completing the Hypori mission, and still have the same issue.

I've tried updating to 1.1 and starting a new game, but the same thing happens. Has anyone else run into this?

EDIT: And of course, when I wait a few seconds more after the Hypori mission the Crusader becomes unlocked as well. Guess this isn't a bug after all, whoops.
 YertyL
01-06-2007, 6:15 AM
Yeah, it isn't a bug; piracy missions unlock Imperial and Rebel units, dependent on the planet you corrupt. E.g. Aeten II unlocks the TIE defender, Corulag unlocks the Acclamator and (seemingly) Mandalore unlocks the Tartan.
 PoiuyWired
01-07-2007, 6:02 PM
Does anyone ever make a list of unlockable slaves/ships to respecive planets?
 Darth Badguy
01-15-2007, 11:26 AM
What kind of corruption is needed to get technology like ships? Piracy?
 wedge2211
01-15-2007, 1:17 PM
If you corrupt a planet and establish a black market, you will be able to have Consortium heroes buy special abilities for your units.

IF you choose to establish piracy in a system, your shipyards will be able to build a ship from the faction that controls the planet (I've seen Broadside/Marauder cruisers, Acclamator/Nebulon-B frigates, and TIE Defenders/A-Wings.)

All this is explained in the game manual, tutorials, and in-game descriptions.
 Darth Badguy
01-15-2007, 2:10 PM
Okay, thanks!
Page: 1 of 1