Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing Lightsaber Properties

Page: 1 of 1
 Q
01-05-2007, 6:49 PM
Here's what I'm trying to do: I'm trying to make one of T7nowhere's custom lightsabers into a shortsaber for my own use. Mind that I'm not trying to change it's appearance; I just want to make it "balanced" so that it can used in the offhand with less of a penalty.

Obviously, it involves more than just switching from "lightsaber" to "short lightsaber" in the *.uti file. I guess it would be the same as what RH did when he created Revan's sabers for K1, where he took the regular lightsaber model and changed it's properties to that of a shortsaber.

What would I have to do?
 stoffe
01-05-2007, 7:10 PM
Obviously, it involves more than just switching from "lightsaber" to "short lightsaber" in the *.uti file. I guess it would be the same as what RH did when he created Revan's sabers for K1, where he took the regular lightsaber model and changed it's properties to that of a shortsaber.

What would I have to do?

You'd probably have to take the normal saber model and name it like a shortsaber model, since the base naming of the model is tied to what Base Item type an item uses.

Then in the UTI file for the saber you'd change the Base Item Type to that of a shortsaber, and set the ModelVariation to the number of your converted/renamed saber model. The ModelVariation number should match the number at the end of the filenames of the MDL/MDX files for the saber model.

The base item type is a reference to baseitems.2da, where lines 8, 9 and 10 are used for lightsabers. You can check here how the different models are supposed to be named if you don't know already.
 Q
01-07-2007, 5:05 AM
Thank you once again, stoffe!

I've been fiddling with several custom saber models ever since I read your post and have basically made a short version of every one I have. :)
Page: 1 of 1