Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do I merge appearance.2da's of different PC mods to Kotor2 ???

Page: 1 of 1
 mensch8maschine
01-05-2007, 4:55 PM
Hi!

Just started addings PC mod heads to Kotor2 and I have the following problem:

I've added a darth maul head (works fine) and want to add more. however, when copying files of a Twi'Lek PC into the Override folder I'm asked whether the "appearance.2da" should be overwritten. Now I assume that that would replace the Darth Maul *.2da with the TwiLek *.2da.

How do I merge the two "appearance.2da" to insure that both are available?!?

I was told to use Kotor Tools, however I dont see how, and I cant find any manual!

Mod note: Moved to Holowan Labs since it's more a general modding question than a KotorTool-specific question. ~M
 Inyri
01-05-2007, 5:01 PM
Many modders these days will use the TSL patcher to "merge" 2das. Some authors, however, insist on not doing it, and therefor make their mods largely incompatible with the rest of the world. The options you have are try to set up one of the mods to use the patcher, or modify the appearance.2da manually. If the author of your mod was considerate, they would have left instructions. If they were inconsiderate, they probably left you on your own.

I'm largely unfamiliar with most K1 and K2 mods, so maybe another one of the modders here is familiar with it and can give you more specific assistance. Easiest solution would be to pick one of the mods and toss the other, but if you're unwilling to do that, rest assured they can be merged. ;)
 Darkkender
01-05-2007, 5:51 PM
The following subforum is your best source for help.

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)

The following tutorial can also be used to help you merge the 2 2da files together.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149992)
 mensch8maschine
01-05-2007, 6:11 PM
Hum, I'd certainly prefer using the TSL Patcher to do the 2da merging to editing them manually ...

where exactly do i put the files that are supposed to be merged with the various *.2da files that already exist in the "override" folder? I obviously cant put them in "override". And how do I use the TSLpatcher.exe to do the merging?

It seems that the 2da files to be merged are supposed to be in the game folder. Maybe the "tlspatchdata"?
 Master Zionosis
01-05-2007, 8:08 PM
Well once you have the final merged .2da's you can overrite the one's already in the override folder with the merged one's because all the data thats in the .2da's in the override folder is in the merged one's. A bit jibberish, sorry, read carfully.
 mensch8maschine
01-05-2007, 8:15 PM
btw, if i want to undo all my mods, is it enough to simply delete the "override" folder?
 Master Zionosis
01-05-2007, 8:24 PM
Yes, but if you are going to carry on with your saved game it's unlickly that it will work, the game will proberaly crash, depending on what mods you have in your override folder.
Page: 1 of 1