Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cheat Console problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Everywhere Man
01-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Well I did what all the instructions said. Except difference being I don't have SWKotor.ini I have SWKOTOR2.Inti. I enter EnableCheats=1 and then when I load up the game I put in ~ but it doesn't show up for anything. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
 General Kenobi
01-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Well I did what all the instructions said. Except difference being I don't have SWKotor.ini I have SWKOTOR2.Inti. I enter EnableCheats=1 and then when I load up the game I put in ~ but it doesn't show up for anything. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Hey :D

The console doesn't show up physically to your eye. Think of it as good typing practice. :p If you do ~giveitem hak_pad even though you don't see the typing when you hit enter will give you an item I use the crap out of when playing a game every now and then.

If you haven't found them I'd HIGHLY recommend:

ChAiNz.2Da's Hak_Pad
An item which pretty much takes the place of the invisible cheat console so you can visually do your deed. It gives you stat changes and the like as well as all items and a bunch of other good stuff. One extra added fun benefit of my lil' favorite mod here is its ability to tie into a few other handy ones.

MRDefender's wristconsole
Very similar to hak_pad but does different things. The latest version of hak pad has an option when both it and this one are installed and you can choose the wristconsole's options and features from hak_pad. This one can set your influence with your party. It can give them some specific powers. It can also do a few other handy things. I personally made my own custom .2da file which is the wrist console's IMHO best feature. I put all the USM lightsabers and a TON of custom items, implants, 1 hit kill blasters, etc. This lets you get custom items on the fly anywhere. (you can use hak_pad to give yourself plenty of components and credits to buy/build stuff as well)

Holowan Cloakworks (I can't remember the name its' been awhile)
It ties into hak_pad and allows you to literally alter your or a party members appearance into ANYTHING in the game for the most part. Kewl as heck. Just remember to save your game prior to using it. ;) Crashie crashie ;)

Darth333's Location and coordinate armband
Handy as heck tool for coordinate scouting in the game on the fly for later modding uses. Also has my favorite feature. The ability to unlock ANY unlockable door.

I'd try downloading those mods and using the giveitem console only a few times to give them to yourself then you'll be good to go with custom stuff. :D

Ooh its' been awhile but I think it isn't literally SHIFT+~ but just the ` I think.

Hope that helps a bit
:ben:
General Kenobi
 Arбtoeldar
01-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Personally I find it easier to use the K(otor)S(avegame)E(ditor). You can find the KSE at StarWarsKnights.com aka the big banner at the top of the page.
 Everywhere Man
01-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey :D

The console doesn't show up physically to your eye. Think of it as good typing practice. :p If you do ~giveitem hak_pad even though you don't see the typing when you hit enter will give you an item I use the crap out of when playing a game every now and then.

If you haven't found them I'd HIGHLY recommend:

ChAiNz.2Da's Hak_Pad
An item which pretty much takes the place of the invisible cheat console so you can visually do your deed. It gives you stat changes and the like as well as all items and a bunch of other good stuff. One extra added fun benefit of my lil' favorite mod here is its ability to tie into a few other handy ones.

MRDefender's wristconsole
Very similar to hak_pad but does different things. The latest version of hak pad has an option when both it and this one are installed and you can choose the wristconsole's options and features from hak_pad. This one can set your influence with your party. It can give them some specific powers. It can also do a few other handy things. I personally made my own custom .2da file which is the wrist console's IMHO best feature. I put all the USM lightsabers and a TON of custom items, implants, 1 hit kill blasters, etc. This lets you get custom items on the fly anywhere. (you can use hak_pad to give yourself plenty of components and credits to buy/build stuff as well)

Holowan Cloakworks (I can't remember the name its' been awhile)
It ties into hak_pad and allows you to literally alter your or a party members appearance into ANYTHING in the game for the most part. Kewl as heck. Just remember to save your game prior to using it. ;) Crashie crashie ;)

Darth333's Location and coordinate armband
Handy as heck tool for coordinate scouting in the game on the fly for later modding uses. Also has my favorite feature. The ability to unlock ANY unlockable door.

I'd try downloading those mods and using the giveitem console only a few times to give them to yourself then you'll be good to go with custom stuff. :D

Ooh its' been awhile but I think it isn't literally SHIFT+~ but just the ` I think.

Hope that helps a bit
:ben:
General Kenobi

I tried the Hak_Pad thing but it said that I didn't have some diaglouge TLK file? I put it on override and alot of other files but it didn't work. Is there a way I could just copy the files on the patch and original and put it into my override folder?
 Darkkender
01-01-2007, 1:10 PM
Personally I find it easier to use the K(otor)S(avegame)E(ditor). You can find the KSE at StarWarsKnights.com aka the big banner at the top of the page.

Of KSE doesn't give you Whereami cord's for modding, neither can you Warp with it like some of the cheat bands offer. Such as Lit Ridl's cheat band.
 Arбtoeldar
01-01-2007, 1:23 PM
Of KSE doesn't give you Whereami cord's for modding, neither can you Warp with it like some of the cheat bands offer. Such as Lit Ridl's cheat band.

True but with 3 total posts, I highly doubt that the OP is into modding right now.
 Everywhere Man
01-01-2007, 2:54 PM
I managed to install the mod but the problem being I entered ~ then I entered giveitem Hak_Pad and it doesn't work. When I press ~ and then enter G it just activates stealth and other abilities. Should I just turn off keyboard functionality or something?
 stoffe
01-01-2007, 3:28 PM
I managed to install the mod but the problem being I entered ~ then I entered giveitem Hak_Pad and it doesn't work. When I press ~ and then enter G it just activates stealth and other abilities. Should I just turn off keyboard functionality or something?

Do you have an american keyboard layout? The key (or even sequence of keys) required to activate the console varies depending on what keyboard layout you have set in the operating system.

(In my case for example I need to hold down the SHIFT key, press the key to the left of the backspace key and then press the key to the left of that one and then hit backspace twice to trigger the console. Don't ask how I figured that out. :))
 Everywhere Man
01-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah mine is in the american style since I am in america :] Unless Sony does them differently.
Page: 1 of 1