Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Trigger trouble in custom modules - help!

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth InSidious
12-21-2006, 5:22 PM
I've been trying to use two triggers - a generic one to start a dialogue, and a transition as a module exit.

Unfortunately, neither is working, and I don't know why. I have the latest version of KT, and I've tried everything in the tutorials, the game files, etc.

The basic map is 711KOR, which isn't supported by the module editor, hence the problems.

Whenever I set the trigger to a faction other than 13, it won't work, but if I set it to 13 and make it detectable, I get a mine that trips script, rather than a transition or generic...:roll:

If someone could take a look at the files/offer some advice now, I would greatly appreciate it.
 stoffe
12-21-2006, 6:23 PM
I've been trying to use two triggers - a generic one to start a dialogue, and a transition as a module exit.

A few random suggestions:
As far as I know the trigger must be "Hostile" to anyone that should be able to trigger it, so it's probably best to set its faction to 1 if you haven't already if the player should be able to trip it. The type should also be set to 0 if you want a "normal" trigger, or 1 if you want a transition.

Also, make sure that the trigger area is a proper polygon that covers the area you wish to have as trigger zone. Don't know how important the Z coordinate is, but make sure it's above the floor just in case.
 Darth InSidious
12-21-2006, 6:25 PM
I tried each of those, to no effect :(
 stoffe
12-21-2006, 6:31 PM
I tried each of those, to no effect :(

Hmm, hard to say what it could be then, I've never had any problems adding triggers. Some more random thoughts:

Make sure you've set the Template Resref to the UTT filename properly in the area's GIT file, so there are no typos or such.

Also make sure the trigger script is correctly written and assigned to the ScriptOnEnter in the UTT file.
 Darth InSidious
12-21-2006, 6:34 PM
Both done...I fear one of the files is corrupted, but they all seem fine...
 stoffe
12-21-2006, 6:43 PM
Both done...I fear one of the files is corrupted, but they all seem fine...

Also make sure the name of the UTT file is a valid ResRef (max 16 chars, alphanumerical and underscore only), just in case. :)

Other than that I have no idea. Try creating another trigger from scratch in a separate location with just a simple "Hello World" script attached and see if it has the same problems. If not you are probably right about the other one getting messed up.
 Darth InSidious
12-21-2006, 6:48 PM
I've tried it with three...In different locations in the modules, replacing the files completely, etc etc...No change. The ResRef is valid, too...I am completely at a loss...

Perhaps you could take a look at the files yourself?
 stoffe
12-21-2006, 6:53 PM
I've tried it with three...In different locations in the modules, replacing the files completely, etc etc...No change. The ResRef is valid, too...I am completely at a loss...

Perhaps you could take a look at the files yourself?

Sure, send them and I'll have a look and see if I can spot anything. Not likely, but sometimes (often, in my case) you can get blind to your own mistakes. :)
 Darth InSidious
12-21-2006, 6:56 PM
It's always useful to have a second pair of eyes check things over, I find :)

I'll PM you a download link in a moment :)

Thank you very much :)
Page: 1 of 1