Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Combat Simulator Mod Trouble

Page: 1 of 1
 SykoRevan
12-12-2006, 8:17 PM
I recently downloaded 3 mods

oldflash's KOTOR 2 lightsaber hilt mod
Ultimate Saber Mod
Stoffe's Combat Simulator v. 4.0

Sometimes, while entering an area (I'm on Dantooine), my game encounters an error. I think it can be either 2 things

1) the combat simulator mod is messing up my game

or

2) the combat simulator conflicts with one of the other 2 mods

I know the Combat simulator has something to do with it, since my game only got screwy after I downloaded that mod. Any advice is appreciated
 Darth333
12-12-2006, 9:20 PM
What kind of error are you encountering and at what stage in the game are you?

At first sight I really don't see how stoffe's mod could affect anything there. Also a lot of people have been experiencing crashes when trying to exit the Hawk on Dantoine, regardless of the mods installed.
 SykoRevan
12-12-2006, 10:17 PM
I am at the beginning of the game, right after I left Atris' Academy. Dantooine is the first planet I go to. It just goes to black when I enter a new area and the screen pops up saying the game has encountered an error and needs to close. It happened when I was attempting to enter the khoonda building too. Also, when I was in the arena, when I would attack an enemy, my game would freeze up then too. That's the main reason I think it might be that mod, since my game started freezing up there.
 stoffe
12-13-2006, 8:39 AM
The Combat Sim Arena mod does not change any aspects of the game outside of that new module, aside from adding the armband that you use to reach it. Since that only involves a new "spell", a new item template and an updated workbench item list that doesn't have anything to do with area transitions and should logically not be able to interfere with them.

When you get these problems, have you already been to the Combat Sim Arena area?

Do you have plenty of RAM in your computer or just sufficient to play the standard game?
 ChAiNz.2da
12-13-2006, 8:49 AM
What kind of error are you encountering and at what stage in the game are you?

At first sight I really don't see how stoffe's mod could affect anything there. Also a lot of people have been experiencing crashes when trying to exit the Hawk on Dantoine, regardless of the mods installed.
True.

Do you happen to have envida's complete mods or Unlocked NarShadaa and Khoonda doors installed? If so, the USM could be a culprit if you haven't patched it with Update #3 here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149509)

Or vice versa.. if you don't have either mod installed and you patched it with #3 anyways, that might cause problems.. though I'm not entirely sure what the script calls on. :giveup:
 SykoRevan
12-13-2006, 7:14 PM
True.

Do you happen to have envida's complete mods or Unlocked NarShadaa and Khoonda doors installed? If so, the USM could be a culprit if you haven't patched it with Update #3 here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149509)

Or vice versa.. if you don't have either mod installed and you patched it with #3 anyways, that might cause problems.. though I'm not entirely sure what the script calls on. :giveup:

I didn't install either of those mods, or the patch. In fact, I'm thinking of getting rid of the USM. It's a completely fantastic mod, but I always get the yellow Padawan (Luke ANH) and Rocarian (Darth Maul) crystals. I know it's just a random generation thing, but still. Does this patch change anything about the mod, like change Vrook's saber to green or anything? . Plus, it's weird to see Vrook with a blue lightsaber. And to answer stoffe's question, yes the problems did start after I first entered the Comat Arena. I believe it started after I won all the matches and got all the credits I could from Ajuur. It's a real bummer, since both the USM and Combat Simulator are pretty much the best mods I've ever seen.

The Combat Sim Arena mod does not change any aspects of the game outside of that new module, aside from adding the armband that you use to reach it. Since that only involves a new "spell", a new item template and an updated workbench item list that doesn't have anything to do with area transitions and should logically not be able to interfere with them.

When you get these problems, have you already been to the Combat Sim Arena area?

Do you have plenty of RAM in your computer or just sufficient to play the standard game?

Like I said above, the problems did start after entering the arena. Specifically after I won all the credits I could from the Hutt. The first time it froze up was when I was in a duel with Darth Traya, and just as my Exile was going to make her first attack, the game froze. It has frozen up in similiar circumstances, as well as when I try to enter or exit the arena. There was also the time when I tried to enter the Khoonda building. I believe I have plenty of RAM, I have 1.512 GB RAM. If that's not enough, let me know.
Page: 1 of 1