Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Copy Protection problem

Page: 1 of 1
 dockerthedog
12-05-2006, 4:16 PM
Hi all. My first post. I am sure this has been asked before, but I am too busy, i.e. lazy to dig through the forum.

After reformatiting my pc, I reinstalled EaW, worked fine. Installed the 1.5 patch. After that it says:
http://www.dockerthedog.com/screenshots/prob.jpg)

I am using the original disc and have tried uninstalling the update that is suppose to be incompatible. Any ideas?
 PoiuyWired
12-06-2006, 2:47 PM
Ok, first you should curse Sony for being a c**k-sucking mutha-f***er piece of s**t to have invented securom(the protection) that does not work at all but to cause trouble to honest players.

Then here are possable problems:
1) There is a certain conflict about securom with a couple of windows updates. Namely microsoft closes up the exploit securom is using.

2) probably not the problem you are facing, but some software are blacklisted by seurom and you will get some other error if you have them running in the background. Things like debugger and drive emulation is obvious, but also useful softwhare like DVD regionfree(which is IMO important for everyone) I mean whatthe%^$& whazzup with backlisting software that has nothing to do with your CD authentication...

Then again ever since the much attacked rootkit incident by that sony team they are still on their evil ways, and I would be celebrating if they would one day paralyse themselves from accidents relating to tripping over from those over-priced PS3s.
Page: 1 of 1