Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1] Tatooine Rakatan Temple and Missing Czerka Depot Modules

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth InSidious
12-04-2006, 7:05 AM
Re-uploaded the the Czerka depot because PCGM is down.

Also, with the Tatooine Temple put the .VIS and .LYT files in the Override folder, put 'm19aa.mod' into the 'modules' folder.

Tatooine Temple + Missing Czerka Depot (both archives are shown on the same page) (http://www.box.net/public/sx2elhudbm#main)
 Ambrose
12-04-2006, 8:06 AM
Read about this in your thread in Holowan Labratories, looks cool :)

Is there a way to get to them without warping?
 RedHawke
12-04-2006, 8:21 AM
Is there a way to get to them without warping?
Unlikely, as they are unfinished modules.
 Darth InSidious
12-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Actually, I included the module files :)

For the Tatooine temple, just place 'm19aa.mod' in your modules folder, then open the game and type 'warp m19aa' into the console without the quotes.

The Czerka depot, however, is a repost of the old one, and still has the same issues with it that the previous version had...I suggest removing all the placeables from the .git before compiling.
 Hayden GS
12-04-2006, 1:17 PM
I just tried out the module for the Tatooine Temple. Instead of warping there, I was there after loading a saved game. This looked pretty cool. I did find some "sticky" edges, where the PC would get stuck. It almost looks like it would have been made for Korriban. Still, it is a shame that this went to waste.
 Darth InSidious
12-04-2006, 1:45 PM
^Indeed. Personally, I would've preferred it to the Krayt Dragon quest...
 logan essex
12-04-2006, 2:13 PM
I just tried out the module for the Tatooine Temple. Instead of warping there, I was there after loading a saved game.

how did you get there without warping?
 Hayden GS
12-04-2006, 2:39 PM
how did you get there without warping?

I don't know. I just loaded my auto saved game and after it was done loading I was there.

Now it makes me wonder if it was for Korriban, because that's where my saved game was at. Maybe it was to be at the back of the Shyrack caves, through that opening that says it's to the waste lands (or something like that). Since they didn't complete the temple, they could have labeled the opening as a way to the waste lands, and put the star map in Sadow's tomb instead. But who knows.
 Darth InSidious
12-04-2006, 3:43 PM
Hmm...nope, I'm almost certain it's part of the old Tatooine Star Map quest with the Sarlacc Pit...I'd guess it was just a random glitch...
 logan essex
12-04-2006, 3:57 PM
how fixable is the tat temple for placement in the game?
 Emperor Devon
12-04-2006, 6:38 PM
HOW FIXABLE DO YOU THINK IT IS

No need to type in caps. :)

It's probably a random glitch. There's not really anything to be done about that...

Thanks for uploading these, DI. I can't wait to try them out. :)
 Darth InSidious
12-05-2006, 2:56 AM
how fixable is the tat temple for placement in the game?
It MIGHT be possible to put it in-game with a little work, but there's a few walkmesh bugs that would need to be fiddled with...There's also the lack of roof/blankness behind everything. With a skybox, it might work. Without...Hmmm...
 knightmare66
12-05-2006, 2:52 PM
I tried some editing of the .are file, and it looks better with fog (I copied the values from the shyrack cave). Most of the blankness/open to the void problems are fixed. But you can still see the caves from areas in the temple. However, some tweaking of the .vis file can fix this. I also found that (115.54, 160.78, 10.02) is a very good place for an entry point.

There are still some areas in the cave (those big diagonal black things, and a point where the rocks float above the ground) that simply need to have their geometry edited (if that's possible yet). And the lightmaps in the temple are just too bright.

BTW, Is that large octagonal well supposed to be the sarlacc pit? Maybe it is there, but I can't see the bottom.
 Darth InSidious
12-05-2006, 3:41 PM
km: Thanks for the input :)

I think that room is the entrance to the Sarlacc Pit, yes, but I suspect there was a cutscene for the descent and a new module for the Sarlacc itself...However, that doesn't seem to have survived :(
 Allronix
12-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Hmmm. Nifty little thing. Now...what can anyone do with it?
 prasys
01-04-2007, 4:35 AM
Create a new area , write a new quest. Let me see what I can do with it. I might need the gurus
 LordHoban
01-17-2007, 7:59 PM
If you need anything story/NPC-wise, I'll be happy to help. I haven't checked these out yet, but it sounds cool. Downloading it now...
 GeorgNihilus
03-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi, I'm pretty new in this, so I don't know how to decompress this .mod file into the modules folder (to see the RIMs); or does the game extract them when running? :giveup:
Can I do it with Kotor Tool???? Any help please? :)
 deathdisco
03-07-2007, 10:49 PM
You don't need to "decompress" the .mod. Just drop it in the modules folder. I don't know what the difference is between a .mod and .rim file extension but they are essentially the same thing.
 snowboardbj
04-09-2007, 3:31 AM
Ok im having some trouble with this thing. When i extracted all the files i needed and stuff and tried to run my game none of my saved games would load. The load bar goes only about 1/4th of the way then freezes. I can still Alt F4 my way out of the game though. But then when I try starting a new game instead of my new guy going to the ender spire he goes directly to the cave. And when i do the whereami cheat it says that im on the module:END_M01AA instead of m19aa. Also whenever i try and warp out of the cave i just end up going back to where i orginally was put in the cave, with the only difference being that when i type in whereami it says im on the map i warped too but im still in the cave. How do i fix this?
 Darth InSidious
04-09-2007, 7:58 AM
You should only put the .mod files into your modules folder. Do not put any of the other files into any other folder, with the exception of any .VIS and .LYT files, which should go into your Override folder.
 snowboardbj
04-09-2007, 4:31 PM
Ah ok that fixed it. Thanks Darth. Ok i have a new question now though. I am completely new to modding so im having some difficultys with this. I'm trying to put in a bunch of dark jedi to fight but it just isn't working. Can someone explain to me how exactly you go about putting in somebody like that. I followed all the tutorial's that i could find but it still wont work.
 TheRealDem
04-20-2007, 1:00 PM
I tested it bu When I loaded an AutoSave on Taris it put me there.
Page: 1 of 1