Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help a fledgling writer with a continuity check.....

Page: 1 of 1
 nova_wolf
01-30-2001, 1:22 PM
I need to know some thing big :
Did the whole Nebulon/B-Wing affair occur BEFORE or AFTER the Battle of Yavin ?
I know Ackbar was involved in the project (which, as it had no name, I have dubbed Project:Nova), and I have involve Dodonna rather well so far. But I can't remember whether events were before or after Yavin.
Help me - please !

------------------
Nova Squadron, the Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the Nebulon B Frigate 'Oracle', home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - SSDs (See our work with the Iron Fist !) !'
Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')
 Gold leader
01-30-2001, 2:34 PM
B-wings didn't show up until ROTJ, so my guess is after.
 nova_wolf
02-01-2001, 8:36 AM
No - B-wings were not SEEN until ROTJ. Thats why im asking. Its not really all that clear.
Ackbar was involved, and he was rescued before the Deathstar incident, because he was Tarkins slave, but then again, he didn't show till ROTJ himself.
Could it be possible that the whole B-wing/Nebulon incident was taking place before the Yavin incident, possibly with the Nebulon crisis finished a few weeks before Yavin. I hope so, as I read it that way, and have worked to that.
It could be possible, as a new class of ship would take a while to fully design and build, so the B-Wings featuring in my book are first generation advanced prototypes (but pretty much the finished piece). There would not be many for a while of course. Look at the A-Wing - it was not in huge numbers till late on near ROTJ, as they were built in very small numbers by small facilities that werent even Rebel owned, merely rebel allined or sympathetic.

Im not saying -"Wrong, boy, wrong !!" as I have neither the right, nor the knowledge, but if it's not clear, do you think it feasible ?

------------------
Nova Squadron, the Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the Nebulon B Frigate 'Oracle', home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - SSDs (See our work with the Iron Fist !) !'
Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')
 Darth Sceltor
02-01-2001, 9:27 PM
In the X-Wing computer game, the B-Wing development project is called "Project Shantipole" or something similar. I'm pretty sure that B-Wings didn't go into production until after the Battle of Yavin, but they may have been in development before it. A place you may want to check is the Time Tales Timeline on TheForce.net. It may have something about it. That's about all I know.
Page: 1 of 1